Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lets Reopen Gay Marriage (Cuz I'm Bored!)

+19
Shinobi Kenshi
MasterBaitinTroll
Champion
soran
Aureus
Mia
Thing
sw1ft
ArcWolf
CaptainSpanish
Sqrl
Aleksi U
Nihil
Nomad
Dray The Fingerless
Tempo
Aardvark
Disturbed
Dawn_Twilight
23 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Lets Reopen Gay Marriage (Cuz I'm Bored!) - Page 7 Empty Re: Lets Reopen Gay Marriage (Cuz I'm Bored!)

Post by Guest Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:17 pm

Nihil wrote:doesn't do harm to anyone

its killing human race, the more same gender relationship shows less populated our planet will be, to me personal it cannot do anything, but it can harm others trust me I saw when one guy left his woman with two kids to be with another man

Back to top Go down

Lets Reopen Gay Marriage (Cuz I'm Bored!) - Page 7 Empty Re: Lets Reopen Gay Marriage (Cuz I'm Bored!)

Post by Dray The Fingerless Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:22 pm

as i said, it is a disorder, but it is not threatening to us if we dont let it spread like a fashion.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26967
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:22 pm

regardless of all the fear mongring over gayness, I still think giving them married status and that bull is just encouraging it further. Live and Let Live is fine, just not Encourage and Let Grow.
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : -67

Experience Points : 10469

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:24 pm

Disturbed wrote:regardless of all the fear mongring over gayness, I still think giving them married status and that bull is just encouraging it further. Live and Let Live is fine, just not Encourage and Let Grow.

Actually, not letting them marry is already opressing and harrassing. This is just giving them all rights that straight people have.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:41 pm

I don't think so. If married benefits are not as insubstantial as you make it sound then it is a given privelege and convenience. It does not stop them from being gay.

Freedom is great, but it should be tempered with morals and values and not be given to the extent that it promotes lewdness.
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:48 pm

Marriage doesnt damage anyone at all. Taking this right from them is just letting your own morals impose themselves on them. It is civil marriage after all. The civil union of two people. Nothing more. It wont cause lewdness or constant debochery/
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:54 pm

giving the ability to a man to marry a man is another assault on the family unit Kids need a Mom and a Dad to grow up reasonably well adjusted... there are exceptions as there always are.

I grew up in a single parent home and i am crazy as a loon but well adjusted. I did not want my son to have to grow up that way. It was hell. We were dirt poor and still better of than 90% of the world's population. we learned not to bitch about stuff we could not change and change the stuff we can.

So i got married and STAYED with it. its called commitment! when it gets hard you get to work harder not run away! I have seen kids grow in a 2parent, same sex house hold and they turn out like... well they are screwed up, I will leave it there.
Ptolemy
Ptolemy
Chancellor - Masters Council

+Light/-Dark : 95

Experience Points : 15881
Comments : Lets Reopen Gay Marriage (Cuz I'm Bored!) - Page 7 Bear_wrestling

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:57 pm

i think it would be better on focusing in laws such as when you marry, you are also commiting to the government, and failure to that commitment can cause some penalties. After all, married people get some money right? Well make them earn it. Commit yourselves to the marriage or suffer some penalties. I am not speaking about raising kids Ptol, im talking about marriage. I am yiffy as to letting gays raise up a child. In the end, it is realy about the parents and not about their sex thou.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:05 pm

being raised by gay parents?....that's bound to work out....now the gays will be invading africa to get adoptions...but then the lions own them cheers

I agree with ptol. And noone is imposing therir specific morals, it is a common theme across cultures and religions to define marriage as unity between man and woman. Just about EVERY culture deems it either inappropriate or incorrect. So it is imposing a general moral. Are u now going to argue that drugs should be legalized because they are they are the person's moral decision and do not harm others? It is a government, not some buffonery that has to run around bootlicking every random group that pops up. Next they'll be asking for illegal immigrant rights...wait, oh they already are..
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:23 pm

Drugs are a danger for society wellfare, threatening healthcare and cultural advancement. Illegal immigrants can put quite a dent on economies and on the legal working class. Gays....i got nothing.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:51 am

Gays can also hurt cultural advancement. You see, cultural advancement is a broad term and can come from a variety of views. Ppl could argue that drugs do not essentially harm the culture just as gays don't. Tbh marijuana is not super harmful or anything. However, there is a reason it is considered bad, and that is that it opens doors to other drugs and that is merely symbolizes the taking of harmful substances. In the same way, gayness symbolizes a taboo and disgusting sexual practices. Now I'm not saying ban them like weed, but to not favor them either. Making them married status would just elevate their position and make ppl think its OK to go either way and kids later will start getting used to being raised by 2 parents of same sex. 2 guys cannot raise a girl and 2 girls cannot raise a guy. You'd think its possible with all the single mom's etc but their different cuz u don't have this weird dual person environment where 2 girls are giving u advice on top of the outside world. It just spells personality fuck all over it.

And like I said, give them all rights that an average citizen has, minus marriage or anything that involves a boost in popularity. Ofc, if it happens, I wouldn't care either way.
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:05 am

You know, they pretty much do things now that if marriage was legal, would not change at all. You see, the popularity that gays have is not influenced by marriage. If anything, rather than getting this law passed silently, all the debacle and debate against it has lead this theme that would not at all influence society at a cultural level and has given it way too much importance. Its marriage, not legally allowing sex in public, or adoption.

In short words, this is gonna pass eventually. Fighting it is just giving it popularity that you dont want for this lifestyle.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:56 pm