Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Objectionable Decision Act Proposal - Suggestion

+18
YinYang
Bulldog
Dray The Fingerless
tRibaL
Talkin'boutFreedom
Beaner
Aragorn
Skorp
boOm de faTal
behalok
haize
Sqrl
Aardvark
Nomad
Deadly Assassin
Chaos
Aureus
Disturbed
22 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Objectionable Decision Act Proposal - Suggestion - Page 2 Empty Re: Objectionable Decision Act Proposal - Suggestion

Post by behalok Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:49 pm

I don't see what's the problem with the current system, yea there might have been rejections, but seriously guys, you don't need to swap factions each and every day. And after all, everyone can go up and challenge his faction leader if he has a problem with the current leadership.
behalok
behalok

+Light/-Dark : -5

Experience Points : 6185

Back to top Go down

Objectionable Decision Act Proposal - Suggestion - Page 2 Empty Re: Objectionable Decision Act Proposal - Suggestion

Post by haize Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:00 pm

no only sith can challenge the DL jedi cant challenge the GM unless it has changed
haize
haize
Masters Council

+Light/-Dark : 19

Experience Points : 12356

Back to top Go down

Post by boOm de faTal Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:48 pm

if he would ban all nf tffa or exile beh 'for the lulz' ,that would be considerable fuckup, and time to question his mental health and ability to run faction. but all this attention for this..

sess dislikes cog hence door into sith for him is closed. end of story
boOm de faTal
boOm de faTal

+Light/-Dark : -14

Experience Points : 5555
Comments : ಠ_ಠ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sqrl Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:35 pm

Yes it maybe due to that but the point is that we should take it into consideration...
Sqrl
Sqrl

+Light/-Dark : -674

Experience Points : 13361
Comments : Soul Stealer, Breath Taker, Ecstasy Extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skorp Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:57 pm

If sess has a problom with CoG, he should kick him out of the sith just because he dislikes him. Spanish disliked dawn but he let him in, once he got sick of him he kicked him out of the sith. I think that Whoever the DL/GM is they should atleast give everyone at least 1 chance instead of just doing whatever they want. as said earlier, each side has a good argument, but heres the way i see it. Sess thinks that since hes the DL he can do whatever he wants with the sith, everyone else is saying that The DL/GM shouldnt have the most power. The Senate and council both outrank The GM/DL authority wise, so i think there should atleast be a chance with everyone that changes sides. Sure you cant just go and change factions willy nilly, but if its there first time doing it then the DL/GM should give them 1 chance. If they kick them out and they try to rejoin then i can understand where Sess is going with this.

Skorp
Senator

+Light/-Dark : -15

Experience Points : 7328

Back to top Go down

Post by Aragorn Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:38 pm

So let me ask you all this. From what I am hearing from most of you is, letting the leaders personal feelings affect his judgement and his actions are ok? You would never see that in a leadership position. Leaders are to be impartial and fair, not reject somebody because they don't like him. I don't like the fact that Sess is DL for that reason, but I never complained or did anything because my personal feelings would have judged that decision. Leaders don't let their feelings get in the way of their duties. Never.
Aragorn
Aragorn
Grand Master of the Jedi Order

+Light/-Dark : -79

Experience Points : 12059
Comments : Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack. ~ Sun Tzu

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. ~ Sun Tzu

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaner Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:50 pm

But then again Ara.. this is JvS, a star wars community. The Jedi if a recall in the movies have no say as to what the masters council does. They just have to deal with it. The sith on the other hand can fight for power and do whatever they want. I don't think sess or any other DL/GM have ever done anything way out there to abuse their power. When hero demoted dray, he had reason to according to the jedi and JvS rules. When sess rejected cog he was in his right to do so, as that is the sith way.
Beaner
Beaner

+Light/-Dark : -7

Experience Points : 6358

Back to top Go down

Post by Aureus Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:02 pm

Funny how u say fight the sith leadership and take the spot ur self. obv I cant so that arguement pretty much goes down the drain
Aureus
Aureus
Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : 34

Experience Points : 16931
Comments : Henry David Thoreau
Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Talkin'boutFreedom Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:06 pm

I fought myself into Sith , plus this entire act seems like another part of bureaucracy. If you do not have absolute or near absolute confidence in your leader then he/she should not be your leader or you may want to switch factions
Talkin'boutFreedom
Talkin'boutFreedom

+Light/-Dark : -42

Experience Points : 6706

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:22 pm

Aardvark wrote:

I'm thinking of calling it the Senate Veto Act. What do you think?

The senate is jedi. 90% jedi.

EDIT: never mind, thank god aard finally retired teh inactive ones, but i still think sith matters should stay with sith, if the leader lost the faith of his people, the people will act, HIS PEOPLE, the sith. I believe the sith should have reign to do what the sith want, thats always been my take, the factions not interefear with the others. So if its a sith thing, only the SITH on teh senate vote, likewise for jedi, that is my take, take it or leave it, my only post in here (Or few)

Double EDIT: I also think that sith shouldnt be political, it should be if somebody abuses, he gets dethroned, if he doesnt get dethroned, people are happy with him, so as long as people are happy enough to telerate him, its fine, if they arnt, he gets challenged and the problem solves itself.... i really think the sith should be a food chain style, not a political please the people style, yes keep your own for sloughtering you, but he should have no need to keep the jedi happy since they are not part of his body as a SITH.
tRibaL
tRibaL

+Light/-Dark : -2

Experience Points : 9124

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:21 pm

the DL has some responsiblities beyond his skill. so its not like some idiot can be DL out of the blue. that has been established.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26952
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:44 pm

for some reason, you assume that this is to challenge an act the DL or GM or whoever sees fit. If it is an act or a rule that DOES NOT PERSONALLY INJURE anyone then it should not be objectionable, and I wrote that much in the first act. If the GM says no laming other jedi and jedi don't like it, that is not objectionable. If the GM decides to demote Skorp to GJ just because they got in a fight, that is objectionable. That's something I want u to keep in mind.

It is not putting anyone on a leash or anything, just ensuring that no one over does it or abuses power to affect other people. Sure if they make revisions to their ranks, I don't see how that hurts anyone unless the revisions involve 10 people getting demoted or rank upped for no apparent reason.

So basically they are still free to do as they wish, but they cannot abuse power and get away with it. Making an act that is unpopular is not abuse of power unless it unfairly restricts certain people or gives a certain group more power than they deserve.
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : -67

Experience Points : 10454

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:47 pm

there are certain conducts that everyone needs to follow when they are given power. Abuse them too much and it can have consequences
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Talkin'boutFreedom Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Umm, why try to fix which is not broken? scratch
Talkin'boutFreedom
Talkin'boutFreedom

+Light/-Dark : -42

Experience Points : 6706

Back to top Go down

Post by Skorp Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:15 pm

Disturbed wrote: If the GM decides to demote Skorp to GJ just because they got in a fight, that is objectionable.

Shocked why me XD

Skorp
Senator

+Light/-Dark : -15

Experience Points : 7328

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:16 pm

Talkin'boutFreedom wrote:Umm, why try to fix which is not broken? scratch
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadly Assassin Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:16 pm

Talkin'boutFreedom wrote:Umm, why try to fix which is not broken? scratch

more like there trying to break what isnt broken
Deadly Assassin
Deadly Assassin

+Light/-Dark : -25

Experience Points : 7412

Back to top Go down

Post by behalok Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:50 pm

If you really insist on changing this crap, then I propose something like that:

If anyone disagrees in the faction council with a questionable decision of the faction leader, then let's have a vote in which all of the faction council members vote and if you succeed to gain 2/3 majority, then the decision could be overwritten. Therefore the faction issues would still be kept in the actual faction instead of the Senate making decisions in these things.
behalok
behalok

+Light/-Dark : -5

Experience Points : 6185

Back to top Go down

Post by Aureus Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:55 pm

I don't know why people are so faction based. We're all in the same clan and it's not anyones fault that most of the senate are jedi. Just nominate a sith and don't use that false argument. The senate is an all clan based thing. So if they picked a different faction than u idk how that would impact anyones decision.
Aureus
Aureus
Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : 34

Experience Points : 16931
Comments : Henry David Thoreau
Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:06 pm

nominate a sith for senate if you think they deserve it. For some reason ppl think being a sith with all ur buddies in power means no need to nominate or anything since that group can sit around and control everything. It IS broken seeing as ppl are running around making extremely poor decisions that no one is even looking at or paying attention to.

And sry abt that skorp, but u made a nice example Smile

It is one clan in the long run, so stop making such a fuss over faction power etc.

Noone seems to understand that the idea is not to stop the sith or jedi from their way of doing things, but it is to stop ppl from abusing power. So far the checks and balances I see do not adequately prevent such events.

There's another famous quote besides the don't fix what ain't broken:

Prevention is better than cure
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : -67

Experience Points : 10454

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:12 pm

i think the senate should be split into two, teh sith and jedi, they vote together if its a clan wide thing or a clan wide problem (absolutely nothing to do with factions) and then for a jedi problem, have the jedi senate do it, sith problem, hello sith senate. make it simple and sensible
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:14 pm

thats why you have masters and dark council. abusing powers isnt allowed. like i said, even leaders get punished if they pull the cord too much.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:22 pm

then why does it go threw senate, instead of councils?
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulldog Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:30 pm

xzavier wrote:then why does it go threw senate, instead of councils?

Because councils can be stacked easily if the person in power chooses to? With the senate they get nominated, debated, voted on and then voted on in council.

And honestly I really do not think we need something like this but if you insist it should not even be dealing with a decision but it should allow the faction's council to override/veto the leaders decision. Another reason why I do not see a reason for this is that I have never seen an issue like this arise. Furthermore, we are indeed one clan and as such we help each other out, even if we are not the same faction.

EDIT: And also Disturbed, when you truly see someone abusing power please let me know and then we can fix it. I have not seen anyway abusing power as the way you have painted this picture.
Bulldog
Bulldog
Senator - Jedi Approval Committee

+Light/-Dark : 16

Experience Points : 7125

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:49 pm

the Charter clearly states the rules in wich all members must abide. Admins and power holding positions also have primary rules that they MUST abide by.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next