Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Objectionable Decision Act Proposal - Suggestion

+18
YinYang
Bulldog
Dray The Fingerless
tRibaL
Talkin'boutFreedom
Beaner
Aragorn
Skorp
boOm de faTal
behalok
haize
Sqrl
Aardvark
Nomad
Deadly Assassin
Chaos
Aureus
Disturbed
22 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Objectionable Decision Act Proposal - Suggestion Empty Objectionable Decision Act Proposal - Suggestion

Post by Disturbed Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:02 am

I really don't think there should be any position or rank within the clan where someone can simply run around doing whatever suits him/her at the cost of others. Yes leadership positions should hold power, but not absolute power, and there should be some sense of responsibility. Whether this be GM, DL or Chancellor, their decisions need to have some kind of logic behind them that is acceptable to the clan.

For that reason I propose an objectionable decision act where:

One or more person sees a decision as wrong or inappropriate (no not a decision that he simply does not like, there must be proof that the decision goes against a rule or injures someone else's rank, position, reputation (not rep points) or feelings for no good reason). If an objection arises then it should be allowed to put to vote in either council or senate for a repeal. The objection should be PM'ed to senator or councilor of choice. If a topic is made about it in public then the objection is to be automatically rejected. However, the authority involved in passing said decision should post his sound reasoning in public AFTER he has discussed it with head of council or senate representative. If his decision was based on sensitive information then it may remain private. The definition of sensitive is at the sole discretion of the head councillor or the senate representative.

There should be checks and balances on this as well so:
If 2 unsupported objections are made within a month then no more will be taken
If a certain power has more than 3 repealed decisions in a month then he may be punished as deemed fit, even demoted.

This is just a rough draft that can be adjusted of course, but I want the senate to take a look into it
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : -67

Experience Points : 10454

Back to top Go down

Objectionable Decision Act Proposal - Suggestion Empty Re: Objectionable Decision Act Proposal - Suggestion

Post by Aureus Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:05 am

I agree :serious: But don't think it's cuz I got denied. I planned on it tbh I've been thinking this since a bit ago.
Aureus
Aureus
Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : 34

Experience Points : 16931
Comments : Henry David Thoreau
Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake.

Back to top Go down

Objectionable Decision Act Proposal - Suggestion Empty Re: Objectionable Decision Act Proposal - Suggestion

Post by Chaos Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:23 am

Is it associated with CoG's rejection?
Chaos
Chaos

+Light/-Dark : -8

Experience Points : 6210

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:30 am

read...it applies to any and all circumstances that may be deemed inappropriate or lacking proper backing. I will not comment on this act's relation to any particular event since that leads to one person coming and explaining that event in his own twisted way, getting away with it and the act never gets a chance. It needs to be viewed impartially without any specific event in mind.
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaos Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:52 am

ok

i think its a good idea
Chaos
Chaos

+Light/-Dark : -8

Experience Points : 6210

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadly Assassin Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:04 am

lol --
the senate rep, grand chancellor or prime min.
should not have the power to overthrow the faction leaders and
undo every single thing a group of members find questionable

plus no sith should question how the GM runs the Jedi
and no jedi should question how the DL runs the Sith

a Major diffrence between the sith and jedi however is that if sith have a problem with there leadership they change it themselves not wait around for the current leader to step down

also the sith rankings allow the DL to demote sith for any reason he/she see fit (the current ones) same with the jedi to XD
if anything the only people who should challenge the DL/GM's choices are his/her DC or MC
Deadly Assassin
Deadly Assassin

+Light/-Dark : -25

Experience Points : 7412

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:11 am

it's called an amendment for a reason
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadly Assassin Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:15 am

i dont accept your amendment to my version of the sith.......

jedi always poking around were there not wanted
Deadly Assassin
Deadly Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:16 am

sen rep can make a vote in which senators will wote about kicking current DL outta his position.

but thats the only stuff they can do.

and btw jedi should not really care about sith leadership - as sith dont do to jedi.

noone can really overthrow faction leaders position - and its good - think about every demotion they need to ask for example prime minister..... stupid huh?

When i was DL - and i made rule that every SL should be active -they talk against me - but it was the only thing they could do.... DL/GM faction - their rules.
Nomad
Nomad
Senator - Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : -37

Experience Points : 12655

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadly Assassin Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:22 am

Nomad wrote:sen rep can make a vote in which senators will wote about kicking current DL outta his position.

the way i understand it is thats a council vote not a senate a complete agreement of the council can remove the DL
but there has to be a mass amount of abuse beyond the demotion and rejection of jedi who have annoyed me for as long as ive been in JvS and theres not that many Rolling Eyes

and for the record the only one i ever demoted for the lulz is Siris and i wasnt even DL then
but nomad agreed that putting siris into the exile rank was worth the LULZ

Last edited by Sesshomaru on Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Deadly Assassin
Deadly Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:22 am

you have not read the fine points. If you demote someone withing good reason, then there can be no objection and if someone is being whiny and objecting to everything he instead will be punished or stopped from objecting. However, this is something I'd like to put through to senate via any senator, perhaps thing or dray since it is quite clear you are against the act.

Yes it is their faction but should not each official have check and balances? Or can they run around making decisions just because they feel like it without any good reason? In their own house that is fine but when dealing with other ppl, even if it is internet, it would be better if they not pass decisions that are baseless or inappropriate.

To Sess, clearly you have not read. It applies to both factions, and there are senators and councilors from both factions present. This is not to prevent or weaken power but to ensure a more responsible approach towards leadership rather than the 12 year old who got a new toy approach. And your rejection does not finalize anything either, just so you understand.

And this applies to most leadership, so that it can have a sort of check of all its opinions in case a blunder was made while making a decision. In fact, it should give the decision maker (if he honestly cares for the clan) some peace of mind that he is making the right decision. Before anyone mentions drama, please read the PM clause.
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:27 am

the way i understand it is thats a council vote not a senate a complete agreement of the council can remove the DL
actually both .
and i demoted siris for his not "sith" app - he agreed to it later - cause he was lazy to wrote good app - i used that as a warning to all wannabe sith who would post shitty app......
Nomad
Nomad
Senator - Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : -37

Experience Points : 12655

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:34 am

as I predicted you guys are referring to specific events which do not even come under this law if there is no issue. This is not a retaliation to any one, specific event at all. But I have realized that there is no real way to prevent douchebaggery at the top and that is not good, whether we have had problems at the top or not. It also gives more power to the clan members which is in line with the democratic beliefs of JvS
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadly Assassin Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:49 am

Disturbed wrote:[color=darkred]I really don't think there should be any position or rank within the clan where someone can simply run around doing whatever suits him/her at the cost of others. Yes leadership positions should hold power, but not absolute power, and there should be some sense of responsibility. Whether this be GM, DL or Chancellor, their decisions need to have some kind of logic behind them that is acceptable to the clan.
everyone has a different view, and decisions dont need logic they can be personal and emotional and guaranteed to be biased to someone
Disturbed wrote:
For that reason I propose an objectionable decision act where:

One or more person sees a decision as wrong or inappropriate (no not a decision that he simply does not like, there must be proof that the decision goes against a rule or injures someone else's rank, position, reputation (not rep points) or feelings for no good reason). If an objection arises then it should be allowed to put to vote in either council or senate for a repeal. The objection should be PM'ed to senator or councilor of choice. If a topic is made about it in public then the objection is to be automatically rejected. However, the authority involved in passing said decision should post his sound reasoning in public AFTER he has discussed it with head of council or senate representative. If his decision was based on sensitive information then it may remain private. The definition of sensitive is at the sole discretion of the head councillor or the senate representative.

so you want to overburden the senate and council with votes everytime someone has a flipping objection unneeded, dont like a way the faction is being run, if your sith change it yourself, if your jedi deal with it.

i dislike the fact you think members should be able to bypass and go behind the faction leaders decision just to get there way kind of double standard
Deadly Assassin
Deadly Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:53 am

OK Dist, I understand where you're coming from, but I can rephrase and rename this to be a lot less complicated and a lot more acceptable to all:

Proposal wrote:The Senate will hereby have the power to vote on an issue, should a member of the Alliance Council use his powers in a way as to be considered objectionable. If a Senator feels that an action by the Chancellor, Prime Minister, Senate Representative, Dark Lord, or Grand Master, is unreasonable for any reason, then he may call a vote. Before the actual vote, both the Senator and the Alliance Councilor in question will provide reasons to support their actions and sway the Senate in their favor. After two days of this "case making" a vote will be called to decide whether the Councilor's actions were justified, or if they were uncalled for. Should it be decided that the Councilor was wrong, then the decision will be overturned. Should a Councilor be vindicated all will remain the same. The issue will stand with the Councilor's decision unless or until their decision is overturned. The "case making" voting will take place in the Senate, and will involve only the Senate.

Should a Senator call too many of these votes in a short period of time(i.e. 3 or more in less then 6 weeks) and be proven wrong each time, disciplinary action will be taken against them for disruption. This punishment can range anywhere from a 24-hour forum ban to a month's suspension of Senate duties, depending on the severity of the issue and the frequency of the challenges.

I'm thinking of calling it the Senate Veto Act. What do you think?
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 27020
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:08 am

I like it except there should also be something for if the person who was found to have passed too many objectionable decisions, since that would be a clear indicator that he is not leadership material. But yes that sounds good except that a non senator should be able to PM a senator and have reasonable belief that his objection will get a fair look even if it is not upheld.
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:47 am

That's a given. A Senator's duty is to represent the clan, review ideas and objections, and determine whether or not they are necessary to be voted on.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sqrl Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:27 pm

tbh dist has a good arguement. My opinion is that i know that power seems cool and you can do whatever you want with it, doesnt mean you should abuse that power. We have had people who have abused power for 'the lulz'. They got booted out of clan if i do recall, or left on there own terms. On the other hand Sess' side states that since he is a faction leader he can do whatever he/she wants. Which is true but, i think it should be certain things (apps,in-game admin etc) one example of the Faction leaders 'power' or influence is when the vote in the senate for Sess' DL Sith Rank Proposal Revisions. Sess took tabs of people who voted and voted for the big 3 options. In my heart that is a abuse of power. In my caniving mind its a good idea. But loopholes like that should be liquidated and sealed.

Im pro-gun for the Senate Veto Act. Maybe with some revisions we can have a better system. Very Happy
Sqrl
Sqrl

+Light/-Dark : -674

Experience Points : 13361
Comments : Soul Stealer, Breath Taker, Ecstasy Extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Post by haize Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:43 pm

i personally don't think this should give the senate the power to change the factions or change something the the DL/GM made a rule, or give them the power to reverse a demotion, unless the rule is outrageous or the demotion is for '' the luz'' they were the ones chosen to run the factions I think everything they do is for a specific reason and the rest of the clan should back them for it?

If you want it to be like this there might as well not be a GM/DL and just a be a DC and MC? I see no point in this unless they are ruling there faction like a tyrant or something

Last edited by haize on Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
haize
haize
Masters Council

+Light/-Dark : 19

Experience Points : 12356

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:48 pm

Bob, in the Act I wrote up, in order for a decision to be overturned, not only does there have to be evidence of wrong doing, but the Senate has to agree on it by two-thirds.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sqrl Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:49 pm

and we will end up revising it so all the senators agree to it as well
Sqrl
Sqrl

+Light/-Dark : -674

Experience Points : 13361
Comments : Soul Stealer, Breath Taker, Ecstasy Extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Post by haize Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:54 pm

this is basically putting the DL?GM on a leash they should not have to check up or be worried that what they want to do with there faction will be reversed because 1 or 2 people don't like it or maybe even 5 people don't like it.

If this rule gets passed i say that not only the Senate has a say weather or not it gets reversed but the Jedi/Sith themselves get a vote to see if they like the new rule jedi vote for jedi rules sith vote for sith rules.
haize
haize
Masters Council

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:01 pm

This includes all Alliance Councilors Haize: Champ, Dray, Hero, Sess, and myself, and the decisions will stand unless the overturn actually happens. Meaning that during the vote, the decision of the Councilor would stand unless, at the end, the vote ended in an overturn. Also, it's not that easy to get 2/3rds majority on a vote. It would be impossible to post a faction specific vote because there's no way to isolate the voting area from the other faction without a shit load of hassle that would involve changing everyone's permit levels for each vote.

EDIT: Moving this to Grand Convocation Chamber since it's a very much, in clan issue we're discussing.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by haize Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:13 pm

i know it includes the entire council im just saying that the GM/DL would be the ones most affected by this, and i think they should have there freedom to run there faction however they want unless proven other wise...
haize
haize
Masters Council

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:17 pm

Well you guys can debate it for a while. This doesn't have to be voted right now, it can wait a few days until we get a general idea of how the clan will view it.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next