Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Addressing Current Issues - Suggestion

+7
Dray The Fingerless
BgFighter/Ghost
Aureus
Champion
Disturbed
Aardvark
Talkin'boutFreedom
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Addressing Current Issues - Suggestion Empty Addressing Current Issues - Suggestion

Post by Talkin'boutFreedom Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:22 am

Many of you will have noticed the certain disruptions that occur on a almost daily basis which, as many veterans of the JvS clan can agree upon, is mostly due to either 1) New members or 2)Veterans who suddenly have gotten diaherra of the mouth. This has most likely occurred due the the mass recruiting efforts which had no effective screening of the applicants. In the past, many of the ''new'' members in reality were old acquaintances who everyone had many years of playing with each other, which served as the screening. There are a variety of issues to address here:

1)Many of the new members are mostly young and as being so ''youthful'' feel like they can conquer the world at the age of 12,13 or 14. I was planning on suggesting this but in all honesty. JvS does not need any more members, putting a freeze on recruiting could really make a difference here. Or as my other team does , Infamous, we are a invite-only team.

2)Sadly it has come to that the charter is simply causing too many conflicts. Now people are abusing the rules, just like how women abuse child support nowadays ( tongue ). What happened to the days where I could call Hero, Dray and Muigi a homo without anyone being butthurt? Now if it's against the charter , a arms race occurs to counter this new ''evil''. Now simply a reduction in rules along with implementing parts of #1 would assist.

3)Here is a very important issue which I think drove Lay away along with most people finding the position (Faction Leaders included) extremely annoying. For some reason, people think those in administrative positions are their babysitters. So far I can see they are NOT babysitters, those in administrative positions would most likely agree. They are there to deal with serious issues, not these idiotic 1vs1 conflicts that having been plaguing JvS since the wave of those deemed ''New'' recruits hit.

I would personally suggest a purge of disruptive members along with a immediate freeze on recruiting. Cause I remember when I joined JvS it was for the community and this is what this clan is. Not some giant clan where the higher leveled members don't know the lower level members, this had a family-like atmosphere which to me and certainly others appealed to me the most.

Along with this , absolutely no stupidity in here. I would also like help from Forum admins to bring a shit storm upon those who would disrupt this discussion.

Last edited by Talkin'boutFreedom on Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Talkin'boutFreedom
Talkin'boutFreedom

+Light/-Dark : -42

Experience Points : 6703

Back to top Go down

Addressing Current Issues - Suggestion Empty Re: Addressing Current Issues - Suggestion

Post by Aardvark Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:30 am

Moved to Grand Convocation Chamber because of the Complaint Restraint Act.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 27017
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Addressing Current Issues - Suggestion Empty Re: Addressing Current Issues - Suggestion

Post by Disturbed Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:15 am

meh admin isn't all fun and games...they have every right to give a way the role if they think it is so tedious rather than getting annoyed by it.
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : -67

Experience Points : 10451

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:05 am

So who is going to do this purge?
Champion
Champion
Founder

+Light/-Dark : 415

Experience Points : 17191
Comments : Champion (n):

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the righteous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aureus Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:48 am

ME? =) Jk but dont boot me =(
Aureus
Aureus
Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : 34

Experience Points : 16928
Comments : Henry David Thoreau
Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake.

Back to top Go down

Post by BgFighter/Ghost Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:05 am

Master CoG wrote:ME? =) Jk but dont boot me =(

Serv said "NO Stupidity". This is what u fail to do.

I agree with Serv. Things must cool down first and i really support the invite-only for now. JvS is not crated to be extra-big "OH LOOK WE HAVE 100000 MEMBERS" ,its created to be fun ,for the clan ,for everyone. People break the rules - i dont know why ,but it really sux when they do. JvS is not created to become the new Hitler. It's just a friendly commnity just to cause fun and fun ,AND FUN. But i really think we must have more events and etc cuz without them members get bored and drama is not going to GTFO but back! We need to fasten seatbelts and full throttle the clan rules and every1 who breaks them must have his .. whatever Council decide.
JvS is a great clan but sometimes ... u know ,every clan has its sucky moments but am sure if we keep going up and up ,we will resolve this. Some ppl really respect the rules but really must change attitude. I wont point names.
Anyway this must be GTFO-ed fast and you know - Lots of ppl left clan ,uber ppl - Raiden ,Shinobi ,Alek was kicked but w/e ,Angelus ,lots of players are M.I.A. I hope u got what i think.

Regards ,Ghost.
BgFighter/Ghost
BgFighter/Ghost

+Light/-Dark : -1022

Experience Points : 9665

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:20 am

the players you quoted Bg, left not becuz of drama. Alek was victim of the 'purge' Serv wants. Raiden didnt wanna play anymore, Shin well, Shin just left, Angelus, while partially my fault, was definitly for a long time trying to leave, not because of drama, becuz he wasnt around here to see the so called drama. Other players left, but see that as the beggining of the purge. The rules have tightened, because people who are good people can somewhat restrain themselves from joking around for a bit, while those who are unchangeable and just fuck around with evth, will break them, and they will fall.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26949
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:41 pm

I agree on the higher members not knowing the new ones... There are too many members I've never seen before that pop up every once in a while. Maybe there does need to be invite only going on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Talkin'boutFreedom Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:08 pm

Champion wrote:So who is going to do this purge?
This can simply be done by making another section for the forums(Gonna bother you again ,Kami) and creating a thread , where people can name people who are deemed ''disruptive''. From there those names can go onto a completely different thread, sort of like the senate elections. Where a topic is held to talk about all the qualities of the person, while these threads, instead of being a ''election'' for senate is a election for being booted out.
Talkin'boutFreedom
Talkin'boutFreedom

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:14 pm

Sounds like this would create more drama then clean it.

However Serv, you did point me out to something here...i think we are going lenient when it comes to probation times. ive seen 1 or 2 people who got in but rarely or never showed up during the 2 weeks they were FS.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26949
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by Skorp Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:56 pm

true, i only see few people with FS tags come on. But i have to agree on this whole thread. something needs to be done. Last night i almost went crazy because of the drama, childish arguments etc that went on. I dont know how we are able to keep control unless we make 1 move.....kick the disruptive people who are known to cause trouble!

Skorp
Senator

+Light/-Dark : -15

Experience Points : 7325

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:25 pm

Talkin'boutFreedom wrote:This can simply be done by making another section for the forums(Gonna bother you again ,Kami).

I will rape you with a 9 foot pole if you try....
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 27017
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Post by Talkin'boutFreedom Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:13 pm

Aardvark wrote:
Talkin'boutFreedom wrote:This can simply be done by making another section for the forums(Gonna bother you again ,Kami).

I will rape you with a 9 foot pole if you try....

D: Meanie
Talkin'boutFreedom
Talkin'boutFreedom

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:38 pm

bah, that would be suicidal. It should be done by PM, and then winner of votes gets a PM asking what the problem is exactly and then he can explain himself.
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:28 pm

I agree with serv, I think the fact is, we've grown large enough to attract predators.
Nihil
Nihil

+Light/-Dark : -912

Experience Points : 12269
Comments : https://www.facebook.com/mattbcarr

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:34 am

Such as Keiji.
Who made two applications today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:41 am

I never really want to see this clans doors closed.. most of my good friends here, ironrat, dray, etc joined as newbs to the clan like anyone else who applies, and look how they turned out. Long term friends and dedicated people to the clan. I think we need to react sooner to disruptive individuals, since its not hard to see a pattern, and then harden our hearts and kick them the fuck out of the clan.
Champion
Champion
Founder

+Light/-Dark : 415

Experience Points : 17191
Comments : Champion (n):

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the righteous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:54 am

yes, we need to keep our eyes open and see anything, just tell abt it...no moves barred. Personally I think admins on forums and servers should have a free hand in dealing with these losers once the council agrees that they are bastards.
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by The Zohan Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:05 am

This whole purge idea is just adding more drama. Idk what else to do besides slow it down a bit. Get to know eachother. and keep complaints were they belong.
The Zohan
The Zohan

+Light/-Dark : 13

Experience Points : 6956

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:27 am

Complaint restraint act was epic. Purging may or may not be needed, but it should in no way be public, that would be icing on top of the cake for drama queens
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Talkin'boutFreedom Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:57 pm

Well that shows another problem if the purging can't be done in the semi-public.
Talkin'boutFreedom
Talkin'boutFreedom

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:21 pm

I think maybe the idea of a purge is too stalinist for anything, but I agree with what you are saying, but, like i said before, we attract predators now.
Nihil
Nihil

+Light/-Dark : -912

Experience Points : 12269
Comments : https://www.facebook.com/mattbcarr

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:45 pm

serv, no matter where or when, a purge is going to cause drama. The person getting kicked will never understand, and a few cronies of his are bound to support him. This does not just happen in JvS, but everywhere.
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulldog Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:19 pm

We do not need a purge. If we go and start removing people by what they have done this clan will fray and completely shatter at its core ideals and responsibilities. A course of action to deliberately remove clan members is not a good course of action and making someone leave is also not a good idea. While this is sometimes needed, I think if we are going to do anything it will be done in a democratic style. The senate will vote then the council will vote.

If we attempt a purge it will start and nobody will know where it will end and once we know where it will end, it will be too late.
Bulldog
Bulldog
Senator - Jedi Approval Committee

+Light/-Dark : 16

Experience Points : 7122

Back to top Go down

Post by Skorp Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:11 pm

but wat will the senate vote on

Skorp
Senator

+Light/-Dark : -15

Experience Points : 7325

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next