Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Escapist issues

4 posters

Go down

Escapist issues Empty Escapist issues

Post by Aardvark Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:03 am

I know several people here visit the Escapist for news and videos, but if you guys are like me you basically never go into the forums there. So if you are this will be of interest to you: Long Read.

From what I can tell the artist had a medical problem a needed surgery so they started a donation fund that massively exceeded what they were looking for, the guys at Extra Credits offered up rewards for people who had donated over a certain amount and promised to put the money back into the game industry so they didn't close the donation box. Well as it turns out the Escapist hadn't been paying Extra Credits for over a year for the videos submitted and because of this massive donation base they decided to negotiate for their IP(Intellectual Property) back, at which point the Escapist notified them that they were entitled to 75% of the donations received($9500) and Extra Credits told them they had no right to it. Escapist threatened legal action to which Extra Credits responded that they were already in violation of contract and therefore any claim the Escapist had was rendered invalid. So now the Extra Credits are back on YouTube here. and James(the show writer) has started a non-profit Indie game business with the donation money.

Now that's not the full story but it's the most condensed version I can give you other than "The Escapist was a dick." So what're your thoughts?
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 26985
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Escapist issues Empty Re: Escapist issues

Post by Dray The Fingerless Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:53 pm

i always knew they were massive idiotic dicks aard and that the community there is for the most part snobbish. i just went there for the series and random news. i didnt show you the series to follow the site...i showed you the series to follow the series.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26917
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:14 pm

I follow the series and news, I found that because I hadn't seen an EC video yesterday and wanted to know where it was. Still thought the owners were better than that though.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 26985
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:53 pm

I never even bookmarked the Escapist. I only bookmarked their page. I remember watching on of their "Video Games and the Uncanny Valley" videos on Youtube (mind you this is like 2 or 3 years prior to the Escapist episodes) and loving it. I could give two fucks about what site they're on, as long as the keep making their episodes.
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : 143

Experience Points : 17641
Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.
See ya in anothah life, brothah. - Desmond Hume

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:54 am

James is hopefully using his business head for that company....stockholders can ravage it to death. not to mention, Steam already does a pretty sweet deal for indie games in advertising them, since their interest cut is rather beneficial
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26917
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by sw1ft Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:01 am

what is escapist?
sw1ft
sw1ft