Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does a person's Avatar affect how you view them?

+22
Aureus
Deadly Assassin
Anterias
Disturbed
CaptainSpanish
claudio
Aragorn
Champion
The Zohan
muigi
Velos
Talkin'boutFreedom
Shinobi Kenshi
Nomad
Ptolemy
Sqrl
Dawn_Twilight
Aardvark
Thing
Dray The Fingerless
Jacen
Nihil
26 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Do a person's sig and/or avatar affect how you view them?

Does a person's Avatar affect how you view them? Voting1046%Does a person's Avatar affect how you view them? Voting10 46% 
[ 13 ]
Does a person's Avatar affect how you view them? Voting107%Does a person's Avatar affect how you view them? Voting10 7% 
[ 2 ]
Does a person's Avatar affect how you view them? Voting107%Does a person's Avatar affect how you view them? Voting10 7% 
[ 2 ]
Does a person's Avatar affect how you view them? Voting1039%Does a person's Avatar affect how you view them? Voting10 39% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 28

Does a person's Avatar affect how you view them? Empty Does a person's Avatar affect how you view them?

Post by Nihil Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:05 am

I'm just really curious, because i have found it really hard to take sqrl seriously since his new avatar, which, quite frankly, is probably my favorite one here, really funny!

so i began to wonder, does an avatar and sig say a lot about a person?
Nihil
Nihil

+Light/-Dark : -912

Experience Points : 12267
Comments : https://www.facebook.com/mattbcarr

Back to top Go down

Does a person's Avatar affect how you view them? Empty Re: Does a person's Avatar affect how you view them?

Post by Jacen Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:20 am

Well, Nihil, at first I didn't take u seriosly because of ur avatar and sig, but now i dont really, so no.
Jacen
Jacen

+Light/-Dark : 15

Experience Points : 7107

Back to top Go down

Does a person's Avatar affect how you view them? Empty Re: Does a person's Avatar affect how you view them?

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:05 am

i really coudlnt give a fuck to avatars and sigs in terms of personality. thats why i put the stupidest things in mine. underestimate me why wont you.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26947
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:09 am

I just get a general feeling of weather they're funny or serous from their Avatar. Their sig is just art they've created, or are proud of and really like.
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : 143

Experience Points : 17671
Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.
See ya in anothah life, brothah. - Desmond Hume

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:10 am

lol...art...
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:17 am

Yeah, art...
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:44 am

Yeah I think it effects views, or at least expresses personality. Like Dray's: Conan gif, Star Wars demotivational poster, rank bar, and a quote. From this you get: Values comedy higher then most other things, can be a little arrogant, but most on issues of low importance, values the clan, and has a pessimistic view of society in general.

Nihil: Values humor, but has a warped sense of it so at times can seem hilarious or just plain odd. Pessimistic view of his own government at the moment, and has strong political opinions.

From my own you can glean that I am a living contradiction. I flop around issues, changing my mind not necessarily when logic is presented but when something seems logical to my own mind. I take on public roles but prefer to be a background player in many things, and despite my random loyalties I am both proud of my past and dedicated to where my current loyalties lay.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 27015
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:21 am

You didn't get that from their avatars... You got that from the rancor pit.
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:46 am

No I got that from their avatars and sigs. Give me another person to read if you don't believe me.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawn_Twilight Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:13 am

It Affects whoever is viewing the avatar/sig

Look what I dug up just to prove it

<----

Ownage count +9999999

And the old Sig Below

Ownage Count +Infinity
Dawn_Twilight
Dawn_Twilight

+Light/-Dark : -8

Experience Points : 6195

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:26 am

All I can mister up is that I'm starting to hate gays even more because of you...

And your avatar and sig fail to infinity and beyond.

@Kami alright, try Jace, and then moi.
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:33 am

Jace: Young, eager to prove his worth to the clan, prefers to do things on his own instead of having them done for him, cares what people think of him as a person.

Thing: Interested in music almost to the level of obsession, interested in the obscure because many hidden gems get overlooked in the media industry, cares for the clan, and willing to defend it, but not at the expense of a personal life, like odd humor and doesn't care if others get the joke as long as he enjoys it.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:37 am

Obsession, huh? Ouch...
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:57 am

Obsession isn't always bad. Many leaders have obsessive qualities, it's what enables them to continue pressing forward against bureaucracy.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:25 am

Actually the demot poster was a joke a long time ago with Galarm...i dont value humor the highest. there is other stuff i value more. Humor is up there thou. And Kami, i can tell those things not from their sigs or avatar. from their posts and way of being.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Sqrl Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:11 pm

Nihil wrote:I'm just really curious, because i have found it really hard to take sqrl seriously since his new avatar, which, quite frankly, is probably my favorite one here, really funny!

so i began to wonder, does an avatar and sig say a lot about a person?

My opinion is i think avatars and sigs are a way to express yourself and i personally use Hugh Laurie's House cause thats the way i act at times.
But otherwise i just like to have fun and i take pride in the smallest of things. And a question i like to ask is do you have to have a very graphic sig or avatar (i.e deadly) as an example just to be serious?
Sqrl
Sqrl

+Light/-Dark : -674

Experience Points : 13356
Comments : Soul Stealer, Breath Taker, Ecstasy Extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:40 pm

I would have to say the Avatar does usually say something about the person that uses it. otherwise they would not have chosen it. the sig too reflects the personality of the user or at least the persona they wish to convey online.
Ptolemy
Ptolemy
Chancellor - Masters Council

+Light/-Dark : 95

Experience Points : 15861
Comments : Does a person's Avatar affect how you view them? Bear_wrestling

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:55 pm

amen
Nomad
Nomad
Senator - Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : -37

Experience Points : 12650

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawn_Twilight Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:20 pm

what does mine say about me o.O
Dawn_Twilight
Dawn_Twilight

+Light/-Dark : -8

Experience Points : 6195

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinobi Kenshi Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:22 pm

GAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAY

?
Shinobi Kenshi
Shinobi Kenshi

+Light/-Dark : 12

Experience Points : 6819

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:25 pm

you are yaoi dawn.
Nomad
Nomad
Senator - Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : -37

Experience Points : 12650

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:18 pm

Aardvark wrote:Jace: Young, eager to prove his worth to the clan, prefers to do things on his own instead of having them done for him, cares what people think of him as a person.

prefers to do stuff on my own? I posted like 7 requests for sigs...
Jacen
Jacen

+Light/-Dark : 15

Experience Points : 7107

Back to top Go down

Post by Talkin'boutFreedom Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:36 pm

SOO what dose my siggy tell about me?
Talkin'boutFreedom
Talkin'boutFreedom

+Light/-Dark : -42

Experience Points : 6701

Back to top Go down

Post by Velos Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:50 pm

If someone judges a person by his avatar/siggy, he is rather easy to manipulate. Therefore it is unwise to judge by such a trivial thing that can be altered at will. To answer your question, i judge by neither
Velos
Velos

+Light/-Dark : -3

Experience Points : 5378

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:10 pm

Talkin'boutFreedom wrote:SOO what dose my siggy tell about me?

your a DOUUUUCCCCCHHEEEEE
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum