Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW BITCHES! SYNTHETIC LIFE FTW!

+17
Ptolemy
Dr. Patient
Karnage
haize
Aragorn
Champion
Dray The Fingerless
Sqrl
Drist
Camus
SouLCasT
Disturbed
Aureus
Beaner
dandaman7
Spidey
Nihil
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW BITCHES! SYNTHETIC LIFE FTW! - Page 2 Empty Re: WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW BITCHES! SYNTHETIC LIFE FTW!

Post by Champion Fri May 28, 2010 7:18 pm

This means little theologically speaking. I would like to see science discover bacterium or other types of simple organisms on mars' polar ice caps. I think that would leave very, and I mean very little room for denial of evolution.
Champion
Champion
Founder

+Light/-Dark : 415

Experience Points : 17211
Comments : Champion (n):

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the righteous.

Back to top Go down

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW BITCHES! SYNTHETIC LIFE FTW! - Page 2 Empty Re: WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW BITCHES! SYNTHETIC LIFE FTW!

Post by Nihil Fri May 28, 2010 7:21 pm

There is no room for denial of evolution, you see, people knew about it before Charles Darwin, they just didn't agree on the mechanism, natural selection.

You don't believe in science if you don't believe in evolution. We have witnessed Chromosomes being spliced in our own bodies, giving rise to unique, random, traits.
Nihil
Nihil

+Light/-Dark : -912

Experience Points : 12289
Comments : https://www.facebook.com/mattbcarr

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Fri May 28, 2010 7:25 pm

Nihil wrote:There is no room for denial of evolution, you see, people knew about it before Charles Darwin, they just didn't agree on the mechanism, natural selection.

You don't believe in science if you don't believe in evolution. We have witnessed Chromosomes being spliced in our own bodies, giving rise to unique, random, traits.

You would be silly to assume that evolution is more than still just a theory. For all we know someone 10 years from now could discover something that explains everything we thought we knew to be true in a different, more real light which makes us think we are idiots for believing in evolution. A true scientist never discredits anything, or throws all his credibility at one idea. He will always do what a scientist should do, try to disprove and test and retest and again try to disprove before repeating the process.
Champion
Champion
Founder

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the righteous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Fri May 28, 2010 7:26 pm

i think the main problem with evolution, and i have seen it a lot, is that most people dont know exactly how it works, and the way they think makes it sound like a magic trick.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26969
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Fri May 28, 2010 7:28 pm

When scientists say "evolution is a fact" they are using one of two meanings of the word "fact". One meaning is empirical, and when this is what scientists mean, then "evolution" is used to mean observed changes in allele frequencies in a population. But another way "fact" is used is to refer to a certain kind of theory, one that has been so powerful and productive for such a long time that it is universally accepted by scientists. When scientists say evolution is a fact in this sense, they mean it is a fact that all living organisms have descended from a common ancestor (or ancestral gene pool) [8] even though this cannot be directly observed (or, more crudely but more tangibly, it is a fact that humans share a common ancestor with monkeys).

wiki

opponents of evolution disagree with all of this. I agree with all of it.

That is, not to say, that i'm not open minded, if something else is more plausible and logical, I'll look over it, and come to a conclusion, probably in favor.

LOL, Dray, that is so true, I used to think that until 8th grade when we learned about it first, because i thought that they did it subconsciously!
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Fri May 28, 2010 7:37 pm

If you believed in evolution then you would not deny your inherited instincts which make you a human and you would want sex. The problem with people like you in my opinion, is that you feel you are so smart you get wrapped up in yourself and you fall so in love with yourself that your hand makes the perfect mate, not Jenny down the block.
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Aureus Fri May 28, 2010 8:45 pm

SouLCasT wrote:
Master CoG wrote:Then my favorite zombie game, Left For Dead, became real life and I rocked ass and crowned bitches

U'd get 1 shoted.
I play Expert Realistic =O

No zombie can touch my ass foo
WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW BITCHES! SYNTHETIC LIFE FTW! - Page 2 189930
Aureus
Aureus
Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : 34

Experience Points : 16948
Comments : Henry David Thoreau
Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Fri May 28, 2010 11:09 pm

I do believe in evolution, but, again, I think we can transcend it.

How does charity help a specific person advance in life? It doesn't, but it is morally right and a good thing to do. That is how, already, we have begun to ascend from evolutionary instincts into a truly humane species.
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Aragorn Sat May 29, 2010 6:31 am

Hero/Camus wrote:I'm simply going to avoid the stupidity of this thread.

Sqrl2k wrote:I give up on the Rancor Pit.

That Is All.
Aragorn
Aragorn
Grand Master of the Jedi Order

+Light/-Dark : -79

Experience Points : 12076
Comments : Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack. ~ Sun Tzu

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. ~ Sun Tzu

Back to top Go down

Post by Drist Sat May 29, 2010 11:54 am

Champion wrote:If you believed in evolution then you would not deny your inherited instincts which make you a human and you would want sex. The problem with people like you in my opinion, is that you feel you are so smart you get wrapped up in yourself and you fall so in love with yourself that your hand makes the perfect mate, not Jenny down the block.

Are you insinuating that Nihil is a hardcore masturbator? Razz
Drist
Drist
Sith Approval Committee

+Light/-Dark : 4

Experience Points : 6850

Back to top Go down

Post by Drist Sat May 29, 2010 12:04 pm

Dray The Fingerless wrote:sweet, i wanna make my own species now. prediction for 100 years from now: Humanity creating entire ecossystems of synthetic living beings. ^^

ah we could be so great...if we werent idiots. colonizing mars with suitable living beings, choosing species with greater temperature aversion and smaller pressure adaptation. that would be awesome. Technically mars is habitable, just not by us. the title was unnecessary Nihil, its just below your intelligence. and Saint, the Bible only refers vaguely to certain attempts of making us loose faith, it never specified anything at all, not even this. that was after Bible, with medieval ages and the paranoia spreaders.

The Bible doesn't dance around saying "In the year 2010, X will tempt you to drift away from your faith". However, it does specify many methods on how this will occur, without those circumstances. Things like "they will target your weaknesses." which is what goes on.

You see, Christians who have extreme faith will just smile and reject your proofs. They couldn't care less if there are any specifics. They see what the Bible says, compares it to society today, and sees the "sort" of things going on today. So either way, even if you can create your own species and prove your evolution, I still won't believe Razz.

You'd really have to dig deep into the extreme teachings of the Bible to understand how this works. And you need to read your Bible more :O.
Drist
Drist
Sith Approval Committee

+Light/-Dark : 4

Experience Points : 6850

Back to top Go down

Post by haize Sat May 29, 2010 12:26 pm

its just a challenge for us believers, the world doesn't have all the long in my opinion with all the problems in the world, it will only get worse until it gets better in my opinion and really i don't care about religion...
haize
haize
Masters Council

+Light/-Dark : 19

Experience Points : 12373

Back to top Go down

Post by Karnage Sat May 29, 2010 2:46 pm

I'm sorry but this is utterly ridiculous...I'm out.
Karnage
Karnage

+Light/-Dark : 1

Experience Points : 5509

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaner Sat May 29, 2010 3:58 pm

These last few post have reminded me of a conversation I had with a friend:

Me: If there existed proof that god didn't exist, proof that no one could refute.. and I mean no one.

Him: That's not possible

Me: Well right now no, but just go along with me.

Him: Ok

Me: Would you stop believing in God then?

Him: No, I need something to believe in, life is much easier when you have something to look forward to.

And he is right in some aspects, just thinking that after you die, there awaits nothing makes everything look bleak. But I bet a deity could come and slap most believers in the face and tell them Christianity was a lie, and they still wouldn't let go of those beliefs. So there really is no point in trying to disprove God, nor is there any point for believers to try to disprove, because the same holds for hardcore Atheists, they will never believe even if a God came and slapped them in the face, they would first try to figure out what IT is.
Beaner
Beaner

+Light/-Dark : -7

Experience Points : 6375

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Sat May 29, 2010 6:30 pm

Science is much more then the laws it accepts. Science is improvement. evolution. change. most of all, it is logic. A God can be logic. anything can.

Saint, i must remind you that the Bible was written by men. i must remind you that the book so many people worship is SAID to be guided by God, but who says it? more men. hence the intrincancies of why the Bible holds little literal value to me. Written by men, propaganded by men.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26969
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Sat May 29, 2010 8:20 pm

^/agree
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:59 am

I think people are too caught up in debating about God to see the significance of this scientific achievement. Just think....

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW BITCHES! SYNTHETIC LIFE FTW! - Page 2 Robots_cylons_humanoid
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Patient Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:54 pm

Dr. Patient
Dr. Patient

+Light/-Dark : 8

Experience Points : 6629

Back to top Go down

Post by SouLCasT Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:41 am

Why are we discussing this again?

Did I end up in some political forum?
Mhm, thought this is related to JKA...I think I missed the part when Kyle tells Skywalker what the bible is about and Chewy starts explaining science.

Yes Im drunk.
SouLCasT
SouLCasT

+Light/-Dark : 7

Experience Points : 6894

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:10 pm

you're drunk?

You are weak clown
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:14 pm

Aragorn wrote:
Hero/Camus wrote:I'm simply going to avoid the stupidity of this thread.

Sqrl2k wrote:I give up on the Rancor Pit.

That Is All.
Ptolemy
Ptolemy
Chancellor - Masters Council

+Light/-Dark : 95

Experience Points : 15883
Comments : WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW BITCHES! SYNTHETIC LIFE FTW! - Page 2 Bear_wrestling

Back to top Go down

Post by soran Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:10 pm

lolz people try way to hard. thats all im gonna say Very Happy
soran
soran

+Light/-Dark : 19

Experience Points : 12073

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterBaitinTroll Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:15 am

This stupid my GOD can just pull ur stuff away from u oh know we cant make it god took away the ingredeient wah bitch wah
MasterBaitinTroll
MasterBaitinTroll

+Light/-Dark : 5

Experience Points : 6017

Back to top Go down

Post by Aureus Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:34 am

Ur GOD?

So why hasn't he again?

Good game
:serious: Razz
Aureus
Aureus
Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : 34

Experience Points : 16948
Comments : Henry David Thoreau
Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:47 am

My God is helping a few random ppl fuck up the whole American army atm...for years. WHAT NOW BIOTCH!!!!
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : -67

Experience Points : 10471

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next