Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Greatest Threat to my Life (Hint: It isn't terrorism)

+7
tRibaL
Sqrl
Aardvark
Thing
Champion
Dray The Fingerless
Nihil
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Greatest Threat to my Life (Hint: It isn't terrorism) Empty The Greatest Threat to my Life (Hint: It isn't terrorism)

Post by Nihil Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:56 pm

Is being liberal in America, more specifically Ohio.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2022516,00.html

discuss
Nihil
Nihil

+Light/-Dark : -912

Experience Points : 12280
Comments : https://www.facebook.com/mattbcarr

Back to top Go down

The Greatest Threat to my Life (Hint: It isn't terrorism) Empty Re: The Greatest Threat to my Life (Hint: It isn't terrorism)

Post by Dray The Fingerless Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:02 am

OH PLEASE. CRY ME A RIVER. Those guys are all talk, and little walk....
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26960
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

The Greatest Threat to my Life (Hint: It isn't terrorism) Empty Re: The Greatest Threat to my Life (Hint: It isn't terrorism)

Post by Nihil Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:13 am

Well, for my sake, I hope you are right
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:48 am

What could those hillbillys possibly do?
Champion
Champion
Founder

+Light/-Dark : 415

Experience Points : 17202
Comments : Champion (n):

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the righteous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:41 am

The fuck...
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : 143

Experience Points : 17684
Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.
See ya in anothah life, brothah. - Desmond Hume

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:42 am

This is what happens when CoD nerds get involved in politics....
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 27028
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sqrl Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:44 am

Aardvark wrote:This is what happens when CoD nerds get involved in politics....

^
Sqrl
Sqrl

+Light/-Dark : -674

Experience Points : 13369
Comments : Soul Stealer, Breath Taker, Ecstasy Extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:59 am

Sqrl wrote:

^

exactly!

they think these small poorly equiped millitias are rambo's...
tRibaL
tRibaL

+Light/-Dark : -2

Experience Points : 9132

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:04 am

xzavier wrote:
Sqrl wrote:

^

exactly!

they think these small poorly equiped millitias are rambo's...

I'd have to say an M-60 isn't "lightly equipped" and neither is an M-16...

No one is calling them Rambos, they are just calling them unstable, threatening.

Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:24 am

Im more afraid of the kids at Columbine, and those alike them.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Talkin'boutFreedom Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:36 am

We just need to hope no SpecOps go a-wall or any battle hardened troops that've seen combat in the likes of Iraq/Afghan or hell even Vietnam
Talkin'boutFreedom
Talkin'boutFreedom

+Light/-Dark : -42

Experience Points : 6714

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:40 am

*AWOL?

Sure, I'm afraid of kids like that Dray, but that situation doesn't pose an immediate threat to me as much as this situation does right now.
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:45 am

so these guys are going to hunt you down and kill you?

And you think they are nuts?

You are more likely get struck by lightning...

Seriously every one with a firearm is not out to get you.
Ptolemy
Ptolemy
Chancellor - Masters Council

+Light/-Dark : 95

Experience Points : 15874
Comments : The Greatest Threat to my Life (Hint: It isn't terrorism) Bear_wrestling

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:59 am

read the article, they want to go to war with the government, and who "sides" with the government in thier view? liberals

http://www.brokencountry.com/index.php/2010/10/04/memphis-man-shoots-kid-in-butt-for-not-pulling-his-pants-up/
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:17 am

oh please...if they come to my house I pull out my M-16, I bet they will be so scared just looking at me that they;ll turn and run. For fear of random explosions.

tho tbh, I doubt they'll manage anything. If they do they'll be crushed by the government after a few odd deaths to ur society which may include you/

Either way, its good for society Razz
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : -67

Experience Points : 10462

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:58 am

People are really brave when they have the advantage. Oh sure lets shoot an innocent kid, or a disarmed guy....we are so brave men for doing it.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:44 pm

I read the article and it was an interesting read tbh. I think it is fun to play soldier every now and then. i just use a paintball gun to 'take out' the enemy.

I did some of that in the military and, to be honest, The Government SHOULD be afraid of its constituents. that is a main reason for the freedom to bear arms so the populace has the means to over throw a repressive Government. It is rare that such a thing turns out as well as it did 200 years ago. the oppression of mankind is a cancer that creeps through and must be thrown back from time to time. In the US we do that at the ballot box.

In other countries they do so at the point of a gun.
Ptolemy
Ptolemy

Comments : The Greatest Threat to my Life (Hint: It isn't terrorism) Bear_wrestling

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:47 pm

Talkin'boutFreedom wrote:We just need to hope no SpecOps go a-wall or any battle hardened troops that've seen combat in the likes of Iraq/Afghan or hell even Vietnam

Might actually be a good thing for this Country.

Nihil wrote:read the article, they want to go to war with the government, and who "sides" with the government in thier view? liberals

http://www.brokencountry.com/index.php/2010/10/04/memphis-man-shoots-kid-in-butt-for-not-pulling-his-pants-up/

This country need that. A big wakeup call (and not the 9-11 sort).

Ptolemy wrote:I read the article and it was an interesting read tbh. I think it is fun to play soldier every now and then. i just use a paintball gun to 'take out' the enemy.

I did some of that in the military and, to be honest, The Government SHOULD be afraid of its constituents. that is a main reason for the freedom to bear arms so the populace has the means to over throw a repressive Government. It is rare that such a thing turns out as well as it did 200 years ago. the oppression of mankind is a cancer that creeps through and must be thrown back from time to time. In the US we do that at the ballot box.

In other countries they do so at the point of a gun.

I agree. As it stands, the Government has nothing to really fear from its people. I realize in todays day and era with the techonology we have its impossible to be as well armed as modern governments, but even so in such a situation, the government knowing that each citizen is armed with a small arms firearm would make them think twice about walking on liberty if it knew the citizens were not scared to use them.
Champion
Champion
Founder

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the righteous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:42 pm

Listen guys, we get what we vote for in America, it is just that we are so damn stupid that we elect the guy with interests in wall street, or, as the Country Party would put it, "without virtue".

If the government was scared of us, it wouldn't do anything, because they would all be so scared shitless that doing ANYTHING would scare them.

Also, the government is controlled, we elect them guys, there are no serious go abouts that we do not know about in the legislative or judicial branch. Tyranny can only be imposed by ourselves, our elected officials represent us.

I'm scared of these people not because of what they do, but they're radicalism, and how close they live to me O.o. They see the future as an uprising against the government? I mean, does the right to bear arms really mean the right to purchase long range missiles? Is that what is next? If I work for the government as a physicist, does that mean I'm a target as a government employee? Why do they view the government as evil if it is composed of their own elected representatives? It scares me, and may well pose a threat to my life if I do go into a research division of the government.
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:55 pm

As if anyone would have any chance against the government as it stands now.... The right to bear arms was used to defend yourself from your own government, but it is useless now, seeing how fuckin pwned anyone would be if they faced them. You attack the government, you are a nation traitor. Then, they kill you.

The matter of facts is Nihil, i dont tihnk anyoen believes any candidate for president or senator or whatever is different. They are all puppets.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:59 pm

Cause we let it become that way.
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:02 pm

I am not sure it is government as a whole but it is government that oppresses these guys will fight against.

for those that unwilling to fight for freedom this is a completely foreign thing. This country was built on people willing to fight and die for the rights we enjoy today.

Agreed we are not as free as we have been and that is a matter of concern for me.

BTW, If your belief system is such that you fear for your life you have three (3) choices,

1. You become willing to die for them
or
2. You moderate your beliefs
or
3. be willing to compromise

I am willing to die for mine, who is stronger? Thats a topic for discussion in the Rancor Pit.
Ptolemy
Ptolemy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:04 pm

Nihil wrote:Cause we let it become that way.

That process was slow and well managed. Not to mention anyone that brings the possibility of such a thing up is branded a nut case and ridiculed.
Ptolemy
Ptolemy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:18 pm

Ptolemy wrote:I am not sure it is government as a whole but it is government that oppresses these guys will fight against.

for those that unwilling to fight for freedom this is a completely foreign thing. This country was built on people willing to fight and die for the rights we enjoy today.

Agreed we are not as free as we have been and that is a matter of concern for me.

BTW, If your belief system is such that you fear for your life you have three (3) choices,

1. You become willing to die for them
or
2. You moderate your beliefs
or
3. be willing to compromise

I am willing to die for mine, who is stronger? Thats a topic for discussion in the Rancor Pit.

If anything, the only thing that has happened to American freedom is that we have racial inequalities still playing out and justice inequalities, there was research done that found that blacks are put in prison far more often than whites as first time offenders of the same crime.

The thing about democracy is that it is self correcting, because, that is what it will always do, and thus, we have social progress.
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:28 pm

Nihil wrote:Listen guys, we get what we vote for in America, it is just that we are so damn stupid that we elect the guy with interests in wall street, or, as the Country Party would put it, "without virtue".

If the government was scared of us, it wouldn't do anything, because they would all be so scared shitless that doing ANYTHING would scare them.

Also, the government is controlled, we elect them guys, there are no serious go abouts that we do not know about in the legislative or judicial branch. Tyranny can only be imposed by ourselves, our elected officials represent us.

I'm scared of these people not because of what they do, but they're radicalism, and how close they live to me O.o. They see the future as an uprising against the government? I mean, does the right to bear arms really mean the right to purchase long range missiles? Is that what is next? If I work for the government as a physicist, does that mean I'm a target as a government employee? Why do they view the government as evil if it is composed of their own elected representatives? It scares me, and may well pose a threat to my life if I do go into a research division of the government.

You get exactly what you vote for, because there is nothing else to vote for. You get lying, thieving crooks. Thats what Obama is, thats what Bush Jr was, thats what Clinton was and so forth and so on back to earth 19th century presidents who I feel, where the last of the true presidents.

The entire spew of your second paragraph sounds like a govt official parroting the same BS they indoctrinate you with in this country. Everything is fine. All elected officials deserve to be there cause we voted them in, yada yada yada.

Government workers are just that, workers. I am referring to politicians, judges and lawyers. And the right to bear arms refers to the people having the collective ability to defend themselves. Allowing someone to own a long range missile goes beyond that. Lets be reasonable and logical here. Extreme arguments just make you look foolish when it comes to common sense.
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next