Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another view - Suggestion

+6
Disturbed
Aardvark
Tiw
Champion
Dray The Fingerless
Talkin'boutFreedom
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Another view - Suggestion - Page 2 Empty Re: Another view - Suggestion

Post by Talkin'boutFreedom Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:35 pm

Yeah, well I think that's when most people are on today. Just trying to think of a time that most people will be on. Or we could do it tommorrow at GIW time(Just read your post Sqrl, it would be done after GIW)
Talkin'boutFreedom
Talkin'boutFreedom

+Light/-Dark : -42

Experience Points : 6706

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:55 pm

ShadowSaint wrote:I was referring to the flame baiting on the server. It goes on like crazy, no one gives a shit.
You pick my argument apart like we are debating religion. This isn't the rancor pit. You don't listen to these complaints and throw BS back, you're gonna get a BS clan.
That's why you fail. Why don't you accept my views as you just told
me too? Have fun with your fail. Im done with JvS take me off the members roster.

i really dont get what you want us to do. i picked your arguments one by one and presented clear, reasonable reasons for each one. Serv has actually shaped some things in motion with what he said. Isnt that proof that we listen to people? Nonetheless, a NON MEMBER!
Saint, if you think i dont listen to people, you are wrong. If you think the leadership doesnt listen to you, you are wrong. I do accept your views. But how about you accept your views can be wrong? Thats the problem with all of you most of times. Thats why everyone gets so fussled up and leaves all the time. People cant accept their wrong. And dont try and bullwagon this fact back on the leadership too, becuz we have admitted and are correcting a numerous amount of things that people have pointed out. Flamebaiting is harder to catch, but it does get warned.
There is one problem involved catching it, is that some people have a pinecone up their ass and assume anth said in a argument is flame baiting. That leads to nothing getting done

And to reiterate more, the drama is over. i havent seen drama lately within the clan. Quarrels are settled, rules are strengthened. The cleansing Champ wanted begun and is coming to an optimal point now.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26952
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:05 pm

I didn't get angry because of me being arrogant, not accepting a possibilty of being wrong. It's because I'm tired of being shot down on the post after me when all I'm trying to do is help the clan. Wouldn't that be slightly discouraging?it's why Yin left. I'm not going to go to the trouble to post a complaint in this forum all "official", just to be shot down in the first post after mine. It's not about who's right or wrong, it's about people reaching out to try to help the clan, and the effort to do that. If you can't accept that then what's the point in even being apart of JvS? You made this a democracy, allow everyone their right to "vote".

You say all the drama is done for now. Be that true, all we are trying to do is make sure that disease isn't allowed to flow into JvS again. I mean honestly, I don't have to say anything. I can go completely inactive and eventually just leave JvS because the server is full of douche bags almost everyday. I'm trying to make things better by talking it out diplomatically. But as we have seen many leave because they feel like there's no point to this. I'm trying to serve my faction and JvS.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:48 pm

Why you assume im 'shooting you down'? Its not about destroying your ideas, its about showing you what is being done to satisfy your complaints. If i or anyone didnt wanna listen to you, we wouldnt bother answering to you, and ignore your words. Douchebags and noobs are always gonna be around and not always will there be an admin around to jerk them off. It happens.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:52 pm

Thus my idea that there needs to be more members with basic server powers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:57 pm

We tried that, admin abuse sky-rocketed and there were more douches, not less. There's also the simple thing that when an admin is around, no one disobeys the rules, I've sat on a server in spec for hours with no rule breaking taking place.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 27020
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:02 pm

You can't give one power like silence to a few members? I see that most necessary.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:20 pm

There's only three levels of admin we can use on the server. Council needs highest level to deal with any abusers, and we need some people with the power to ban so they take the middle level. The only way we could give such low power would be to get rid of Enforcer entirely.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:39 pm

If by any chance you come across douches, just /ignore them, and if possible, call an admin. i havent been lately, but usually im on xfire. i do come to server to handle these whenever i can. either way, a adminless server is not an often event.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:49 am

We did give out admin fairly easily at one point and it caused more trouble for the admins then any problems they have solved. I liked the idea mentioned of holding weekly clan meetings. We can call them "Town Halls" or something and let everyone speak in "public". We can hold these at a time that is in a median between NA and Euro times. Perhaps around 2-3PM EST. That would be mid after noon in the east coast, noon in the west coast, early evening in western europe, and around 9pm for our eastern european friends.
Champion
Champion
Founder

+Light/-Dark : 415

Experience Points : 17194
Comments : Champion (n):

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the righteous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:09 am

Talkin'boutFreedom wrote:
Disturbed wrote:One clan cannot specialize in everything. There are different clans with diff specialties. If we were a FF FFA clan or had servers like that, we'd have 7-10 members max. The reason is, once a pro gets on the FF server, there is absolutely nothing a newbie or slightly less skilled person can do to win. Even if the guy is not amazingly underpar, he will get beaten so badly he'll look like a total noob. That causes most people to leave the server. And most FF pro's are jerks, so, that would not be good.
S
That's one reason why everyone likes NF. Cause no matter how noobish you are, you still have somewhat a chance. In FF, if you don't know what you're doing, you'll die within 3 seconds. Most FF pros are nice anyways :E

ur the first person besides the FF pros themselves that have called FF pros nice. Honestly, in {SITH} the typical case was, we had a good 5-10 ppl on the server, one FF retard came on and thought he was cool cuz he could use glitch kicks slightly better than others and started gloating abt it, and then eventually everyone left. When I kicked them they kept coming back and being bitches. Always, no matter who they were. Actually, most ppl might have expected force to be more like...force, rather than this weird thing were ppl pull around like crazy while trying to get 'kicks' on the other ppl. Even if a person has reasonably good skill, if someone with more skill comes on then he will COMPLETELY own that guy. Like in NF, ara vs sess would get you decent matches with one or the other winning by around 50-100 hp majority of time. At same skill level in NF, the winner will have something like 95 health and 88 shield.

Now that my view is over, I personally think the new screening act is an extremely innovative act that addresses the issue and does not make us like other clans
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : -67

Experience Points : 10454

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiw Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:28 am

I'm not a jerk... ):
Tiw
Tiw

+Light/-Dark : -1

Experience Points : 5315

Back to top Go down

Post by Talkin'boutFreedom Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:01 pm

{SITH} wasn't exactly cool, either.
Talkin'boutFreedom
Talkin'boutFreedom

+Light/-Dark : -42

Experience Points : 6706

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiw Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:21 pm

Talkin'boutFreedom wrote:{SITH} wasn't exactly cool, either.
Those guys were a bunch of losers!!! Anyways I'm glad to see a lot of support for my in-game meeting idea, it really is a bunch of fun. Another view - Suggestion - Page 2 189930
Tiw
Tiw

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:54 pm

Your idea? i thought it was Serv's.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:56 pm

Try to remain on topic guys...

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiw Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:25 pm

Dray The Fingerless wrote:Your idea? i thought it was Serv's.
It's really our idea, we came up with it together... in bed. :3

**EDIT** Champ too.
Tiw
Tiw

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSpanish Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:43 am

opinion:

Leadership should be more stringent. Someone cause trouble..I don't warn...because no one is going to heed you really on the internet. The fact you even pay attention to my inane ideas is not good :/

and I do like force...mostly because if you get good at force..you also become skilled with a blade usually. Kami and me used to do well as a team in force battles..and I kinda want to return to that at one point with him

recruiting is being worked on..It's one of the main problems in democracy...but then again didn't sith always favor authoritarianism and jedi democracy.

throwing that out there
CaptainSpanish
CaptainSpanish
Dark Lord of the Sith

+Light/-Dark : -49

Experience Points : 7235

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:18 pm

Well, there is one concearn I do have about the current Council. This being that there is no Siths involved. I know it doesn't effect the decision making process noticably, but the clan is made up of two factions, Sith and Jedi. There are two different leaders for the factions, Dark Lord and Grand Master. Why isn't there Siths in the Council? I know there is only 3 open positions for council, but it would be nice to have a balance of Jedis and Siths in the highest position of leadership. Just saying, this might be something to look into.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:32 pm

When JvS was first formed the Sith outnumbered the Jedi in Council positions with Span, Rand(A Sith Lord at the time) and myself(A Sith Marauder at the time) and Champ and Ares the other two. Even after I went to Jedi the Council had two Sith with Spanish and Sinestra. For the first 6 months of the clan there was a faction balanced Leadership, but the problem is, both Sinestra & Rand were bad Senate Reps, in fact the first decent one we had was Thing.

Believe it or not, I was considering going back to Sith, and may still do so if they ever develop a teacher rank, but since my activity is so sporadic I wouldn't keep the skills up to Marauder level right now.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:35 pm

Aardvark wrote:When JvS was first formed the Sith outnumbered the Jedi in Council positions with Span, Rand(A Sith Lord at the time) and myself(A Sith Marauder at the time) and Champ and Ares the other two. Even after I went to Jedi the Council had two Sith with Spanish and Sinestra. For the first 6 months of the clan there was a faction balanced Leadership, but the problem is, both Sinestra & Rand were bad Senate Reps, in fact the first decent one we had was Thing.

Believe it or not, I was considering going back to Sith, and may still do so if they ever develop a teacher rank, but since my activity is so sporadic I wouldn't keep the skills up to Marauder level right now.

I'm just honestly getting bored with Jedi Academy and want to see something happen. Something new, in other words.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:10 am

you want fries with that? *hint to new RP factions coming up*
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:21 am

Dray The Fingerless wrote:you want fries with that? *hint to new RP factions coming up*

Are you kidding me...

BUTTSCRATCHER!?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:42 am

ShadowSaint wrote:Try to remain on topic guys...
Nihil
Nihil

+Light/-Dark : -912

Experience Points : 12272
Comments : https://www.facebook.com/mattbcarr

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:01 am

I've got ideas conjured up about an opposing faction.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2