Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pat Condell rips into religion

+4
Dray The Fingerless
Ptolemy
Aureus
Champion
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pat Condell rips into religion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Pat Condell rips into religion

Post by Aureus Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:16 pm

Dray has a point though. Islam gets babied. Christianity gets slapped around by even its own people. Don't even get me started on Catholicism. Islam needs to stop being a hardcore religion that will make u disappear if u question it. Religion itself is just a manipulation of the same story (at least modern). Ur better off just unifying under Lutheran or some shit like that.
Aureus
Aureus
Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : 34

Experience Points : 16926
Comments : Henry David Thoreau
Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake.

Back to top Go down

Pat Condell rips into religion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Pat Condell rips into religion

Post by Dray The Fingerless Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:04 pm

Flying Spaghetti Monster was and still is widely followed lol.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26947
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:48 am

how is islam babied? Just some verbal soothing that the politicians give while massacring our people daily?

Yeah thanks for the kind words, those bullets are totally fine because you sugarcoat them.
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : -67

Experience Points : 10449

Back to top Go down

Post by Aureus Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:50 am

I meant in America
Aureus
Aureus
Dark Council

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:59 am

Dray The Fingerless wrote:Flying Spaghetti Monster was and still is widely followed lol.

I believe in the magic teapot...

Pat Condell rips into religion  - Page 2 Russellsteapot
Nihil
Nihil

+Light/-Dark : -912

Experience Points : 12267
Comments : https://www.facebook.com/mattbcarr

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:25 am

Aureus wrote:I meant in America

uh huh....more out of fear and guilt than anything else.
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Aureus Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:44 pm

still babied, idc why
Aureus
Aureus
Dark Council

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:45 pm

Dray The Fingerless wrote:
Aardvark wrote:Religion is a force, it's neither good nor evil at baseline. Many of the original charities came from religion, many good values are a baseline for religion which works as a medium for morals.

And ultimately, in the longshot, when it is given a chance, it becomes evil. I do not trust people with guns and i think guns are idiotic because ultimately, they are gonna fuck up big time. Same with religion. Hence why i want Islam to be bashed and mocked down to a pulp, becaue it needs to learn its place, same way Christianity learned its place. There is no sugarcoating here, if Islam is allowed, they will put Sharia law in every motherfucking country they can. I could care less what they want, but my problem is that we are allowing too much by being lenient on them, and then hearing in their news channels and in their communities how they will convert the world to Islam, like some fucking Nazi fascism. Thankfully the bashing will come naturally, since unlike the Middle East, we have learned from our mistakes and you do not fuck with peoples freedoms of speech and lifestyle laws here.

Uh... no, they won't put shariah law in every country, at least, if they do, it would be in the same way we have our "christian law" over west, which really is whittled down, thank god, to hardly any impact. Converting the world to one religion... that is the goal of Islam and Christianity, so, you know, Dar-Islam is basically the same idea as Paul of Tarsus, not to mention the Muslims had the common decency over the christians to actually allow differences in religious opinion.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't "bash" it like Christianity or anything, I'm just saying that I think you gave it a little slanted image.
Nihil
Nihil

+Light/-Dark : -912

Experience Points : 12267
Comments : https://www.facebook.com/mattbcarr

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:52 pm

I said IF you give them the chance, IF. Western society of course does not let them by moral standards and also because Capitalism, for all its evil, causes blandness and softening of religious fortitude and affirmation in oneself. And the same applies to Christian. They WOULD make the Bible the law, if they were allowed. But we generally as advanced society who knows their mistakes, dont eve let them upbring slander. Unike Islam, wich gets really sugarcoated, particularly here in Europe lately, and i hate that you would sugarcoat a part of society based on religion. Horrible idea. Im not saying they WILL do it, but evil and ignorance in humanity can make it happen, given the right circunstances, IE, most population be islamic and government being really slanderish and in support of Islam, like you know, those countries in the Middle East with Sharia law

Disturbed, what americans do to the Middle East right now did not make you turn women and general life ruled by a religious book as they have had that for hundreds of years. Sure, they are suffering there and they suffered a bit after 9-11, but you still had the unequal rights, over the top punishments by law, and unstable and highly unbalanced social status before all that. Poverty helps, but then again, look at Dubai...

Last edited by Dray The Fingerless on Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:55 pm

Nihil wrote:
Dray The Fingerless wrote:
Aardvark wrote:Religion is a force, it's neither good nor evil at baseline. Many of the original charities came from religion, many good values are a baseline for religion which works as a medium for morals.

And ultimately, in the longshot, when it is given a chance, it becomes evil. I do not trust people with guns and i think guns are idiotic because ultimately, they are gonna fuck up big time. Same with religion. Hence why i want Islam to be bashed and mocked down to a pulp, because it needs to learn its place, same way Christianity learned its place. There is no sugarcoating here, if Islam is allowed, they will put Sharia law in every motherfucking country they can. I could care less what they want, but my problem is that we are allowing too much by being lenient on them, and then hearing in their news channels and in their communities how they will convert the world to Islam, like some fucking Nazi fascism. Thankfully the bashing will come naturally, since unlike the Middle East, we have learned from our mistakes and you do not fuck with peoples freedoms of speech and lifestyle laws here.

Uh... no, they won't put shariah law in every country, at least, if they do, it would be in the same way we have our "christian law" over west, which really is whittled down, thank god, to hardly any impact. Converting the world to one religion... that is the goal of Islam and Christianity, so, you know, Dar-Islam is basically the same idea as Paul of Tarsus, not to mention the Muslims had the common decency over the Christians to actually allow differences in religious opinion.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't "bash" it like Christianity or anything, I'm just saying that I think you gave it a little slanted image.

If my memory servs... It has been close to 300 years since anyone's head was taken because they would not convert to Christianity. (Points to the plight of the Coptic Christians in Egypt, The Christians that are commonly beheaded in Indonesia, should i go on?)

Yes i realize that those Muslims are extremists.
Ptolemy
Ptolemy
Chancellor - Masters Council

+Light/-Dark : 95

Experience Points : 15861
Comments : Pat Condell rips into religion  - Page 2 Bear_wrestling

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:59 pm

Because,thankfuly, thru culture and enlightenment, religion was taken aback as ultimate law in the Western Society.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:28 pm

you notice that there is no shariah law even in many mustlim countries, not even Saudi arabia?

90% of muslims whether abroad or in America are total fail and are afraid of Islam because it would require them to give up ion their pleasures and wealth. and Power.

Most of these people again, have political agendas and dont give a fuck abt religion except as a means to manipulate people into believing they are 'good'.

Corruption has nothing to do wiht religion, nor does inequality. In fact, when actually done religiously I felt like it was unfair to guys =D
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Aureus Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:22 pm

I don't mind Religion itself, I mind what people do with it. And that, in my opinion, is enough for me to not like Religion as a whole because of the inevitability of some fucker manipulating it to be more than it really is.
Aureus
Aureus
Dark Council

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2