Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pat Condell rips into religion

+4
Dray The Fingerless
Ptolemy
Aureus
Champion
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pat Condell rips into religion  Empty Pat Condell rips into religion

Post by Champion Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:48 pm

champ saying baboons reminded me of this

um...yeah for some people religion is not a "front" but rather the cause of wars. Some people truly believe in their ideology. Al Qaeda is looking for power by committing terrorists acts, but it's to further their ideology. That ideology is mostly religious in the restoration of a new caliphate and unification. Power is just a byproduct. Just like in India and Pakistan, one of the major factors of why there are continuing conflicts is because of how diametrically opposed each religion is to one another (One god vs. many gods, don't eat meat but pork is ok vs. don't eat pork but meat is okay, etc.). Sure, each outbreak of violence is due to territorial concerns, but religion is certainly the reason why the two sides cannot come to terms with one another and therefore a major instigator in conflicts.

CaptainSpanish
CaptainSpanish
Dark Lord of the Sith

+Light/-Dark : -49

Experience Points : 7231

Back to top Go down

Pat Condell rips into religion  Empty Re: Pat Condell rips into religion

Post by Disturbed Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:26 am

I'll just pretend dray's post didn't exist since...it's not worthy of a reply..but to champ I'll say this.

They may not seem to be good ideas, but at the same time, eradicating them won't end violence. It won't end hatred.

The violence in indo - pak is apparently religious, but to an insider its more from hatred and territorial issues that were caused because of extremely early religious violence that some ppl cause major problems over. Then it developed into a sort of hate hate relationship where ppl hate each other without even knowing why.

I get along with hindus just fine , hindus get along with muslims just fine, noone even mentions religion.

I agree its an issue if you are an overreligious maniac who wants to control the world, but there's like...some random old crabs born in the 50s who think like that..pretty much it.
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : -67

Experience Points : 10450

Back to top Go down

Pat Condell rips into religion  Empty Re: Pat Condell rips into religion

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next