Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RACISM (Everyone must read this)

Go down

RACISM (Everyone must read this) Empty RACISM (Everyone must read this)

Post by Champion Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:01 am

It has come to my attention that racist terms are being used in this clan, mainly the word nigger. I should not even have to warn you, because frankly, better unwarned so we can see who are the culprits and deal with them, but let it be known that using racist terms, especially the N word will most likely end up with you being kicked from this clan on bad terms.

I find it utterly disgusting that in a place of so much cultural fusion, JvS, where we celebrate all nations and peoples as friends, that idiots who use terms like these are among us.

I will ask this nicely, although I doubt there will be any takers, but if the word nigger makes you laugh, please resign now. Do not stay around. You are not wanted by the leadership.

If you have a sincere question as to what is acceptable, then please PM someone responsible in leadership who can educate you on the matter ( I volunteer willingly for this task). But I will say this now, NIGGER will NEVER EVER be acceptable to use joking around, name calling or in any other form than in the one I am using it now.

Edit (although I am hesitant to believe anyone with a net connection does not know what the word means): For those desiring sincere education on the word, in short its a term that was used by racist white landowners in the USA during times of slavery to refer to their slaves in a derogatory manner. It came to symbolize the slavery itself, and usage of the word opens deep and old wounds in older black (and whites who care) folk. It can also be insulting to younger black people as well, and I doubt we will ever see the word coming to common usage again other than its derogatory usage by racists. If you desire to know more, there is a lot of information on the internet on the subject.

Champion
Champion
Founder

+Light/-Dark : 415

Experience Points : 17201
Comments : Champion (n):

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the righteous.

Back to top Go down