Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most awesome game ever (where I have been)

+13
Layfon
Thing
Disturbed
Aureus
Mia
BgFighter/Ghost
tRibaL
Nomad
Aardvark
Beaner
Drist
Dray The Fingerless
Champion
17 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Most awesome game ever (where I have been) - Page 3 Empty Re: Most awesome game ever (where I have been)

Post by Champion Sat May 01, 2010 8:34 pm

xzavier wrote:so, in (im a archer in reality, JOAD (junior olympic archery devolopment) and was wondering hos realistic it would be)

So from what i got, a crossbow is more like shooting a compound, you have a trigger and a release, and its a straight shot, more poundage behind it and for longbow its more like a recurve you still have your tab (peace of leather you hold arrow to string with) and it arcs.

thats as nontechnical as i can explain that

Master archers have visited the forums and given input... from what I understand... the archery is almost perfect. The only thing people complain about the most is the timing of the draw and the timing of the pulling of an arrow and notching it. As it stands, pulling an arrow from the quiver and notching it takes about 1 second, and then drawing and "aiming" (the reticule getting small enough for an accurate shot) takes about 3 seconds. The master archers say that it should be the other way around, about 2-3 seconds to pull the arrow from the quiver and notch the arrow, and then about .5-1 second to draw and release the arrow.
Champion
Champion
Founder

+Light/-Dark : 415

Experience Points : 17205
Comments : Champion (n):

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the righteous.

Back to top Go down

Most awesome game ever (where I have been) - Page 3 Empty Re: Most awesome game ever (where I have been)

Post by Aardvark Sat May 01, 2010 8:38 pm

They're right, drawing from the quiver takes the longest because you have to find one, completely draw it out then pull it down, notching it is the simplest step.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 27031
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Sat May 01, 2010 8:39 pm

I agree with them. In reality the fluidity of the form of notching the arrow speeds up the time required to aim an arrow, in reality, i could: draw,notch,tension,aim,shoot all in approximantly two seconds. Id probably hit the bale of hay, id be the luckiest man in the world if i hit the target.

You take forever of the form, relax, tension. Then following that you center your head, and by the time your looking down your shaft you already have shot. Robin hood was a real person, and had a real secret that isnt so secret anymore, its called shooting a gap. You put the tip of the arrow down and to the left (or right for a right dominant eye) proportional to the distance, thus the art of shooting a bow without a sight.

I have many grand master trpophies on my wall champion. Sadly, recently i havnt had the time to go shooting anymore due to schoolwork and robotics and stuff, but nothing beat having ppl twice my age crowding around me wondering how is he doing that. That was probably the most remarkable experiance ive had, my coachs were laughing there asses off too. it was great.

EDIT: aard pointed out the thing i neglected to point out cause its base one. same thing if you drop an arrow, you do NOT bend over and pick it up, you keep your form and draw another.

DOUBLE EDIT: This post is based on tournament shooting, where you get like 2 min to shoot three (5 at certian compitions) arrows.

Last edited by xzavier on Sat May 01, 2010 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
tRibaL
tRibaL

+Light/-Dark : -2

Experience Points : 9135

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Sat May 01, 2010 8:40 pm

Aardvark wrote:They're right, drawing from the quiver takes the longest because you have to find one, completely draw it out then pull it down, notching it is the simplest step.

Will be fixed. They are steadily improving the game. Trust me its a vast difference from the 808 version I used to play back in 2007... and even then it was a ton of fun. I just always felt it needed a MP component, and now it does. Its an epic game trust me I put my word on it. People may and WILL get frustrated, and the difficulty to master it will even put some off to it, but give it some time and trust me if you have not fallen in love from hour 1, you will eventually.
Champion
Champion
Founder

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the righteous.

Back to top Go down

Post by BgFighter/Ghost Sat May 01, 2010 8:41 pm

FU ,Champ! Now because of you i must buy it to play Multiplayer Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

But seriously ,this game rox (since i have 35 level char Smile )
BgFighter/Ghost
BgFighter/Ghost

+Light/-Dark : -1022

Experience Points : 9679

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Sat May 01, 2010 8:42 pm

And Xzav thats funny cause I just recently had the desire to take up archery. I plan on purchasing my first bow and set of arrows soon.
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sat May 01, 2010 8:45 pm

Ihihihihihih, I love those videos it looks so fun, I wish I can be a witch, in any other MMORPG I am lol.
Mia
Mia

+Light/-Dark : 6

Experience Points : 5747

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Sat May 01, 2010 8:46 pm

Ill give you a few pointers if you want, first via reality, find somebody and hold your hands out together like this:Most awesome game ever (where I have been) - Page 3 Dom_eye Then have somebody look, which ever eye they see is what hand you should shoot with, otherwise you will always be 1-2 inches off.

and ill help ya out buddy. and buy another set of arrows if you plan on shooting 3d trails, nothings worse than loosing a nice arrow to the woods...
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaner Sat May 01, 2010 8:50 pm

NOOO what the freak!.. ive tried twice and it always stalls at 50%

Most awesome game ever (where I have been) - Page 3 Untitl10

EDIT: BAH ima try with IE :serious:

Last edited by Beaner on Sat May 01, 2010 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beaner
Beaner

+Light/-Dark : -7

Experience Points : 6369

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Sat May 01, 2010 8:50 pm

Oh and i shoot recurve, and like all recurve shooters, we claim compounds to be cheaters because they have a scope that zooms, and we use the classic red dot (or no sight at all)
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Sat May 01, 2010 8:50 pm

i diddnt stall at 50, i discod from my router at 53 then had to restart, this time using download manager

EDIT: BEANER U LUCKY SONOFAGUN dling at 2 meg a sec, i do like 150 k a sec... if its going good
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaner Sat May 01, 2010 8:54 pm

yeah i used to be at 150 then i decided to upgrade my internet cause 150 was becoming to effing slow..
Beaner
Beaner

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Sat May 01, 2010 8:54 pm

and i share a router with three people...
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaner Sat May 01, 2010 8:56 pm

woohoo i passed 50% its at 75 now woohoo!!

Most awesome game ever (where I have been) - Page 3 Untitl11

edit: dude that blows... thankfully i didnt have to share and still dont Very Happy
Beaner
Beaner

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Sat May 01, 2010 8:57 pm

o.o 1 min 53 second, i started with 1 hour 53 min, ofc it jumped to 53 min, but o.o
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Sat May 01, 2010 8:58 pm

back to A WHOLE 12 %!!!

EDIT: waiting for champs nod of disapproval
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaner Sat May 01, 2010 9:01 pm

im installing right now.. then ima play it Very Happy
Beaner
Beaner

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Sat May 01, 2010 9:02 pm

WOOT 18%.

beaner u lucky lucky lucky.. O ANOTHER GAME WE CAN TAG TEAM IN!
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by Aureus Sat May 01, 2010 9:06 pm

I recently got the first version of M&B, Epic x 100. Nuttin better than jousting a king and wrecking him =)
Aureus
Aureus
Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : 34

Experience Points : 16942
Comments : Henry David Thoreau
Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaner Sat May 01, 2010 9:09 pm

FUN GAME
Beaner
Beaner

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Sat May 01, 2010 9:11 pm

nice beaner, im at 30%
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by Aureus Sat May 01, 2010 9:12 pm

I'm decent at sieging, but if I get a fight into the open lands.... my calvary doesn't even need to try
Aureus
Aureus
Dark Council

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Sat May 01, 2010 9:13 pm

WOOT 32% i can almost taste it! not...
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by Aureus Sat May 01, 2010 9:15 pm

I'm downloading warband now since I conquered all of the Rhodoks as a swadian.... Champy if u get some guys together let me kno I'm a decent archer and im nasty witha horse
Aureus
Aureus
Dark Council

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Sat May 01, 2010 9:22 pm

Going to soccer game, ima try it out when i get back, its still DLing. YAY for 46 %
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next