Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coaj Coordination Thread

+15
Nomad
The Zohan
CaptainSpanish
Jacen
Sqrl
tRibaL
Champion
Nihil
Disturbed
Aragorn
Ptolemy
Dawn_Twilight
Aardvark
Thing
Dray The Fingerless
19 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Coaj Coordination Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Coaj Coordination Thread

Post by Dray The Fingerless Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:07 pm

action scenes are taken apart from the plot advancing. unless ur a good writter, and somehow mix both well. mostly its action, plot, action, plot. rarely action/plot. different thing
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26966
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:01 pm

Add some detail. even in the middle of an action sequence you can add a detail here or there, sweat, pushing, wide swing the reflection of weapons fire. All add to the scene. the things you wrote you have no real description of where they are except a cave on tatooine. waht does a cave on tatooine look like?
Ptolemy
Ptolemy
Chancellor - Masters Council

+Light/-Dark : 95

Experience Points : 15880
Comments : Coaj Coordination Thread - Page 8 Bear_wrestling

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:08 pm

^well yes, but during an action scene, like fighting, you want to pepper it with powerful adjectives and adverbs, but the description should be used more with scenes that don't have action, like when they aren't fighting.

But ya, you want to describe the setting of action whenever you write.
Nihil
Nihil

+Light/-Dark : -912

Experience Points : 12286
Comments : https://www.facebook.com/mattbcarr

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:12 pm

O.O i HATE ENGLISH CLASS!!!!! I WANT STUPID ENGLISH class BACK! lol ill try to follow your advice for you guys. ill do my best. Very Happy thankya for the advice Very Happy
tRibaL
tRibaL

+Light/-Dark : -2

Experience Points : 9138

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:48 pm

well we ve told you the complex way. but if u want a easy way to achieve this:

close your eyes, and think about the action you just thought about. all of it. while you watch it in ur head, highlight certain points that happen. write them. i suggest playing it over n over in ur head, for every time you do, ull notice more n more things u can write. remember, this takes time, writting. so dont worry about that. when u finish, u structure evth, and should have a nice set. remember to separate thing accordingly, separate it where u want the reader to take a pause.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:35 am

Dray The Fingerless wrote:well we ve told you the complex way. but if u want a easy way to achieve this:

close your eyes, and think about the action you just thought about. all of it. while you watch it in ur head, highlight certain points that happen. write them. i suggest playing it over n over in ur head, for every time you do, ull notice more n more things u can write. remember, this takes time, writting. so dont worry about that. when u finish, u structure evth, and should have a nice set. remember to separate thing accordingly, separate it where u want the reader to take a pause.

O.O

SOMEBODY WHO PAYED ATTENTION IN ENGLISH CLASS?

lol all joking aside ill try that out. thankyou. Very Happy
tRibaL
tRibaL

+Light/-Dark : -2

Experience Points : 9138

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:26 am

X, just make your changes to the other part of the story and PM it to Dray and I and we'll edit it for ya.
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : 143

Experience Points : 17690
Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.
See ya in anothah life, brothah. - Desmond Hume

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:58 am

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM DOUBLE POST, BITCHES!!!

X, I just read your post and it's far superior than your last post, like WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better.

Here are some things I noticed, that I liked...

You actually told who was saying what, which was the most confusing things about you're stories. Also, you're using more imagery, like "The room was cold and damp, unusual for the middle of a desert." That's the shit we wanna read, the stuff like that! A good idea would be to read over some of Aard's and Pt's posts. I mean, the stuff they write is great! You could learn a lot just by reading over their stuff. There was some things that kinda bugged me though... In the first part, sometimes you got a little too descriptive, if you know what I mean, all most slowing the story down a little. If it were more like the last parts of your story, you would be just dandy. Also, I noticed you were using apostrophes instead of quotes. This one isn't really anything wrong on story but, it can save a lot of time if you just press shift and press the apostrophe button.

I hope you don't take any of this the wrong way, I'm just giving advice from one friend to another. If you feel like we're just bugging you over little things, it's because we want this story to be awesome. We're probably gonna keep on buggin' ya until you get your stories to be at least on par with me (which isn't saying much as I'm the worst out of the original writers of the team, Dray being second Razz), but hopefully you'll get way better and get to like Aard and Ptolmey levels ( IT'S OVER 9000!!!), which won't be easy but you'll be a valued member to the cast. Coaj Coordination Thread - Page 8 262641 Coaj Coordination Thread - Page 8 681133 Coaj Coordination Thread - Page 8 847541 Coaj Coordination Thread - Page 8 320373 Coaj Coordination Thread - Page 8 973554 Coaj Coordination Thread - Page 8 352816 Coaj Coordination Thread - Page 8 102690 Coaj Coordination Thread - Page 8 34157 (SMILEY SPAM!!!)
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:09 am

Well my long-awaited segment is posted, or is that just over-due, or maybe just long xD
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 27034
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:50 am

actually thing, my writting level is double over 9000. i just dont like typing a lot. i let kami do that. i do it for the lulz.(damn, vanity ftw).
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:09 pm

Dray The Fingerless wrote:well we ve told you the complex way. but if u want a easy way to achieve this:

good way of putting it dray
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:05 pm

Dray The Fingerless wrote:actually thing, my writting level is double over 9000. i just dont like typing a lot. i let kami do that. i do it for the lulz.(damn, vanity ftw).

Coaj Coordination Thread - Page 8 Screenshot_it_or_it_never_happened_tshirt-p2354645205895368254028_400
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:02 pm

thing944 wrote:
Dray The Fingerless wrote:actually thing, my writting level is double over 9000. i just dont like typing a lot. i let kami do that. i do it for the lulz.(damn, vanity ftw).

Coaj Coordination Thread - Page 8 Screenshot_it_or_it_never_happened_tshirt-p2354645205895368254028_400

i could give you my essays...but they are in a language far more complex then english.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Aragorn Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:41 am

google translate or translate it yourself
Aragorn
Aragorn
Grand Master of the Jedi Order

+Light/-Dark : -79

Experience Points : 12073
Comments : Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack. ~ Sun Tzu

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. ~ Sun Tzu

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:09 am

LOL, this is really OT,
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:14 am

Oi, here's a simple way of putting it. By displayed writing, Pto is closest to the level required to be a professional author, and honestly could probably be one if he decided that's the direction he wanted to go. Dray and Ara are recreational writers, they know how, they know what they want to do, but don't go into in-depth detail, preferring instead to just get it done. Dawn, Thing, and Xzavier fall into the category of beginning writer, they have a plan, but aren't sure how to execute it and are inexperienced with the details such as setting and mood. I tend to fall into a category of recreational writer, but also experienced in recreational writing, I read a lot so I can copy and modify details I see, and I get into the story when I write, I'm no where near author level, but I do write as best I can and have the experience to make it semi-enjoyable.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:22 am

pto's writing...

Coaj Coordination Thread - Page 8 Over9000
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:48 am

aaaaa a sparta joke....
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:50 am

Aragorn wrote:google translate or translate it yourself

downgrading a language is the worst thing ever to do to show him skill. and google translate is a fucking joke lol.
nah, i would have to use some kind of english essay. but oh well.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:05 am

Dray The Fingerless wrote:
Aragorn wrote:google translate or translate it yourself

downgrading a language is the worst thing ever to do to show him skill. and google translate is a fucking joke lol.
nah, i would have to use some kind of english essay. but oh well.

i agree, i wish that i could read the actual words that Remarque had actually written in All Quiet on the Western Front, because different languages, with different words, always have a different texture in context than their synonyms in another language.
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:26 am

upgrading a language is good, downgrading is bad.

i.e: English to Portuguese riches up. Portuguese to English riches down.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:32 am

are you trying to tell me that one language is better than another? scratch
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:46 am

Different is better. Some languages have more implied meanings to their words, or their words mean more then one thing, these tend to be called romantic languages. Some are very direct and to the point, very technical, these tend to be called guttural languages. A guttural language is better when you're giving instructions, a romantic is better when you write for emotions or description.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Aragorn Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:06 am

romantic languages such as french,spanish,portuguese and the guttural languages are like german and hebrew. Languages like french and spanish have some guttural words but they are mostly romantic.
Aragorn
Aragorn
Grand Master of the Jedi Order

+Light/-Dark : -79

Experience Points : 12073
Comments : Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack. ~ Sun Tzu

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. ~ Sun Tzu

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:12 am

Aardvark wrote:Different is better. Some languages have more implied meanings to their words, or their words mean more then one thing, these tend to be called romantic languages. Some are very direct and to the point, very technical, these tend to be called guttural languages. A guttural language is better when you're giving instructions, a romantic is better when you write for emotions or description.

ya thats what i'm saying about reading remarque's all quiet on the western front in english, not german, because i know i'm not getting the same feelings that i would get if i knew german and read it in german

also romantic languages are called such because of this ROMAntic,

Roma=rome

roman = latin

and all romance languages have their basic roots in latin
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content