Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

***Role playing game coordination thread.

+14
KOTOR
Sqrl
BgFighter/Ghost
Shamusar
Jacen
Silvarus
Nihil
Tempo
Daft Punk
Thing
Dawn_Twilight
Aardvark
Dray The Fingerless
Champion
18 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

***Role playing game coordination thread. Empty ***Role playing game coordination thread.

Post by Champion Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:12 am

I will be hosting a story based on the star wars universe. I will allow up to a certain amount of players to join, depending on the players who sign up. Once we have a team, you will create a character and I will write up the beginning. You will then post single actions or a few sentences of chat as if you were the character there in that moment. If you take an action which can cause damage or any sort of skill contest, I (the story teller) will ask you roll dice. Depending on the action, I will determine a die to be rolled (such as a d20, or 20 sided die) and a difficulty check such as 15. If you roll 15 or higher, you pass the check and perform the action and may continue the story as you desire. If you fail, I may assign a penalty, depending on how bad you fail (a difficulty check, hereby called DC of 20 on a d20 is almost impossible and if you roll a 1, thats the farthest possible. Thus if it was an action like trying to land through a small hole on the bottom of a cave after jumping from a ledge, if you rolled a 1 you wold hand landed on your head and taken massive damage.

The game mechanics are pretty simple once you get to know the rules, and I will be the referee, not allowing certain things like two characters to fight. This first story will be the team acting together. In the future, I may host a storyline which will allow pvp.

I only ask you keep current with the story line thread until the story is concluded. So only commit if you are serious!

Jedi Knight : Aard

Jedi Padawan of JK : Dray

Jedi Padawan of JK : Thing944

Mercenary : Dawn

Force Sensitive : Daft

Last edited by Champion on Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Champion
Champion
Founder

+Light/-Dark : 415

Experience Points : 17200
Comments : Champion (n):

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the righteous.

Back to top Go down

***Role playing game coordination thread. Empty Re: ***Role playing game coordination thread.

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:19 am

i can get in this.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26958
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

***Role playing game coordination thread. Empty Re: ***Role playing game coordination thread.

Post by Champion Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:22 am

ok
WEll I am thinking about basing the characters on current ranks. So you can choose what rank you want and I will approve or deny it. Then we will have to roll some stats.

You have to roll up the following stats:

Strength, Agility, Fortitude (Physical)
Intelligence, Wisdom, Charisma (Mental/Social)

You do this by rolling 3d6 3x per stat for one group either physical or Mental Social, then you roll 3d6 1x per stat for the other group.

You should also select a race as well. You will have to be based in the lightside for this campaign.
Champion
Champion
Founder

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the righteous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:31 am

....the fuck?
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 27026
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:49 am

hes trying to pull D&D on star wars. i respect that.

btw, thats gotta be a rare moment, Aard swearing.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:52 am

No I got that, it's the "You do this by rolling 3d6 3x per stat for one group either physical or Mental Social," that's confusing me.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 27026
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:12 am

its like a rpg aard. but yeah, id like how i go about rolling dices champ.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:41 am

ok so here is how it works. You choose one group, either physical or mental/social. That is your primary group. You then roll 3d6 ( the d6 3x) and then you keep the highest of those 3 rolls and put it in your attribute. So if I choose phyiscal, I roll 3x 3d6 for strength, agility and fortitude. So for strength, I roll a 12, 14 and a 17. I keep the 17 and discard the others. My strength is now 17. I then go to agility, do another 3x 3d6 and keep highest score, etc. Then I go Mental/social but this time I only roll 3d6 1x per stat. They will statistically be lower overall.

Im not sure exactly how you roll them, Nihil was the one who was messing around there has to be a way to roll cause it comes out on a post of mine.
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:53 am

Champion wrote:ok so here is how it works. You choose one group, either physical or mental/social. That is your primary group. You then roll 3d6 ( the d6 3x) and then you keep the highest of those 3 rolls and put it in your attribute. So if I choose phyiscal, I roll 3x 3d6 for strength, agility and fortitude. So for strength, I roll a 12, 14 and a 17. I keep the 17 and discard the others. My strength is now 17. I then go to agility, do another 3x 3d6 and keep highest score, etc. Then I go Mental/social but this time I only roll 3d6 1x per stat. They will statistically be lower overall.

Im not sure exactly how you roll them, Nihil was the one who was messing around there has to be a way to roll cause it comes out on a post of mine.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:53 am

The member 'Dray The Fingerless' has done the following action : rubs champs nuts this many times

#1 'd20' : 20

--------------------------------

#2 'd4' : 1
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:53 am

Champion wrote:The member 'Dray The Fingerless' has done the following action : rubs champs nuts this many times

#1 'd20' : 20

--------------------------------

#2 'd4' : 1

You set me up for that....you know id find it. but i did it anyway
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawn_Twilight Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:46 am

o_O I'll join in
Dawn_Twilight
Dawn_Twilight

+Light/-Dark : -8

Experience Points : 6206

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:28 am

oki doki roll up a character like aard did
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:33 am

Aardvark wrote:....the fuck?
Omfg Aard, I almost shat myself when you said that.

I guess I'm in too.
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : 143

Experience Points : 17682
Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.
See ya in anothah life, brothah. - Desmond Hume

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:03 am

Can you dedicate the time to play? We are discussing it in the chat box now.
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:55 am

Sure... I can dedicate my time to play. I even got this cool app which gives me bunch of dies for RPGing.
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : 143

Experience Points : 17682
Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.
See ya in anothah life, brothah. - Desmond Hume

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:57 am

i hate my stats....really, only i could have such a low number of stats like that.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:29 pm

8-10 is average. So you are above average in most areas. Plus 9 is the minimum so you can raise those below it to that.
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Daft Punk Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:50 pm

I'm in I have D20 Rollplaying assistant (for character generation)

Am I to roll my own stats?
Daft Punk
Daft Punk

+Light/-Dark : 3

Experience Points : 5779

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:01 pm

Sure daft welcome. And yes you can roll your own stats.

With that, recruitment is done.
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Daft Punk Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:13 pm

well i'll do things a little differently as I am a using software I will put my rolls and such on you tube
Daft Punk
Daft Punk

+Light/-Dark : 3

Experience Points : 5779

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:14 pm

Btw here are the available roles in order of appearance. Some roles like the Force Sensitive and Mercenary do not come into play until a little later in the story:

Jedi Knight A : Aard

Jedi Padawan of A : Open

Jedi Padawan of A : Open

Mercenary : Dawn

Force Sensitive : Open
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:16 pm

i already defined myself as a knight....Sad
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:17 pm

Daft Punk wrote:well i'll do things a little differently as I am a using software I will put my rolls and such on you tube

If you would not mind using the forum like everyone else has, and creating a character sheet thread I would appreciate it. Cool
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:17 pm

Dray The Fingerless wrote:i already defined myself as a knight....Sad

Aard took that slot. Do not worry, Padawans are extremely powerful compared to most enemies. Only another powerful force user would come close to providing a great challenge.
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next