Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clone Wars

4 posters

Go down

Clone Wars Empty Clone Wars

Post by The Zohan Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:26 pm

Nope, you read correctly. This is not The Clone Wars, but in face, Clone Wars. The much more respectable precursor to the current animated garbage "The Clone Wars." At least in my opinion.

The Zohan
The Zohan

+Light/-Dark : 13

Experience Points : 6976

Back to top Go down

Clone Wars Empty Re: Clone Wars

Post by Aardvark Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:30 am

Yeah been out for a long time, got the DVDs and everything... you didn't know about these?
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 27037
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Zohan Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:31 am

Aardvark wrote:Yeah been out for a long time, got the DVDs and everything... you didn't know about these?

I've watched them since they first aired. I just found both full seasons on youtube and wanted to show people what they COULD have had instead of The Clone Wars.
The Zohan
The Zohan

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:33 am

To be fair there are some things in the CGI show that aren't awful. They're just bad whenever they feature major figures and inevitably screw them up or underplay them.... which is most of the time.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by The Zohan Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:21 am

I think the CGI is good but everything else is horrible. The story, the characters, the plot, setting.

Take Count Dooku for example. His character is absolutely cliche and flat. In the movies and cartoon he was classy, dignified, elegant, wise. etc. In TCW he's an old sour fart that would have a "keep out" sign on his front door.

Another example of crappy story is how Grievous always gets away in his spaceship and Dooku always gets away in a trap door in the floor.

Anakin has returned to his old bitchy imature self and now has a bitchy younger 'sister' to play with.

Overall social sequences between the characters are VERY sarcastic. I feel like i'm drowning in a sea of sarcasm every time there's dialogue between two of the characters.

Jedi are powerless without their lightsabers. The force is their greatest weapon yet they seem to follow obi wan's "this weapon is your life" quote to heart.

The clones try too hard to be uniqe if that makes any sense. They aren't suppose to have much personality. I understand it's a good story if every now and then you see a defective clone, but so many of them have strange haircuts, individual wants and desires, makes jokes, etc. I know they're human too but you'd think clones bred and trained for war all their life would be a bit more serious and less social. Not to mention that their geneticly engineered to be that way. They even dye their hair. And they use the term "clankers" way too many times to even be considered cool. Even in the republic commando books the clones only called the droids "tinnies" every so often.

The droid voices are rediculous and their retardedness is unforgiveable. They are as bad with comic relief as stormtroopers are with aiming. I think after 3 movies they managed to hit Leia in the arm.

The Jedi wear armor non stop. It's one thing if they are going into battle but they wear armor while walking around the jedi temple, having council meetings, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if luke skywalker was born wearing shoulderpads.

CIS never wins.

Friendly Mandalorians.

Unoriginal characters.

They brought Maul back? He's not suppose to come back until a few years past ROTS.

And there are a lot more things I could list.

The Zohan
The Zohan

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-X Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:28 am

Look, the only thing I'm waiting for in the new Clone Wars show is to see Ashoka's death. I want her death to be brutal. Brutal. Fuck being a kids show, they need to make it happen. Until I see justification on her whereabouts in the later EU...She needs to be nuked.

THAT IS ALL I WANT. I havn't watched the show since I saw the Mandalor's dome encased capital.
Red-X
Red-X
Dark Lord of the Sith

+Light/-Dark : -47

Experience Points : 12471
Comments : "You were trusted to lead the Republic but you were decieved, as our powers over the Darkside had blinded you.

You assumed no force could challenge you and now...finally, we have returned." - Darth Malgus

Im active on XFIRE, my username is bojack2424
Im also active on STEAM, my username is solja2424

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:42 am

Oh I know I made a comprehensive list a year or two ago( https://jvsclan.darkbb.com/t1377-clone-wars-writers ). Like I said they fuck up when they bring any established characters in which is MOST of the time. I do like the episodes where it's pretty much just clones and their personalities don't strike me as odd. At this point, due to Anakin's design, this all takes place a year or two into the war and with the clones suddenly introduced into a culture that values individuality it's not unusual that the clones would grow to like it as well.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by The Zohan Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:04 am

Red-X wrote:Look, the only thing I'm waiting for in the new Clone Wars show is to see Ashoka's death. I want her death to be brutal. Brutal. Fuck being a kids show, they need to make it happen. Until I see justification on her whereabouts in the later EU...She needs to be nuked.

THAT IS ALL I WANT. I havn't watched the show since I saw the Mandalor's dome encased capital.

I vote decapitation.
The Zohan
The Zohan

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:24 pm

The Zohan wrote:
Red-X wrote:Look, the only thing I'm waiting for in the new Clone Wars show is to see Ashoka's death. I want her death to be brutal. Brutal. Fuck being a kids show, they need to make it happen. Until I see justification on her whereabouts in the later EU...She needs to be nuked.

I vote decapitation.

FLAY HER!
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by The Exile Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:08 am

I really agree with you, she pisses me off Clone Wars 613715
The Exile
The Exile
Senator

+Light/-Dark : 5

Experience Points : 5922

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down