Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time for a Change?

5 posters

Go down

Should there be an attempt for alternate forum skins?

Time for a Change? Voting10100%Time for a Change? Voting10 100% 
[ 5 ]
Time for a Change? Voting100%Time for a Change? Voting10 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Time for a Change? Empty Time for a Change?

Post by Disturbed Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:41 am

Well what do you say, shall we go ahead and try to make some new buttons for these forums? They are certainly spiffy, but I guess its time we make a change? Ofc champy/aard will always have the old files to put them back up for later. But shall we go for it? If the answer is yes, I will hold a black market exclusive competition to make a new forum button. Unlike last time, I'll take the initiative to come up with a button first so others can follow. Thanks for your input.

I remember champion envisioning, back when we made the forums, that we would come along and have a different theme based on either the months or seasons, or even just 2. Well now that i have the time, I believe we have the ability to make that a possibility with perhaps autumn, winter, summer and spring themes. The current theme imo should be an autumn one.
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : -67

Experience Points : 10472

Back to top Go down

Time for a Change? Empty Re: Time for a Change?

Post by Spidey Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:07 am

even tho its spring/almost summer? well see thats the problem with seasons.. in austrailia i believe its autumn... but in the states its spring... so for half of us it wouldn't look right... my idea is for maybe... red and blue? jedi - blue, sith - red... just my input tho Smile
Spidey
Spidey
Jedi Approval Commitee

+Light/-Dark : 86

Experience Points : 21183
Comments : So many things to tell her,
But how to make her see?
The truth about my past, impossible
She'd turn away from me

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:11 am

actually that is a good idea. And its summer in the US imo, its like 110 degrees over here Razz. Yes perhaps that would work then we need only revamp the buttons for this current setting (sith) and then do a blue one for jedi.

Or we could make it 3 and alternate the 3 every month.

If just jedi or sith we could make the theme for whichever side holds the most planets in GIW
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:37 am

That's sorta always gonna be Sith then... Neutral
I like the seasons idea better. Maybe each year we can switch which hemispheres to apply the forums to.
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : 143

Experience Points : 17694
Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.
See ya in anothah life, brothah. - Desmond Hume

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:43 am

If you make a set of buttons for each season, I will work hard to make a template for the proper colors for each as well. For instance, this red theme will remain the autumn theme, while a summer theme we could do a blue type sky theme, winter a black and desolate theme, and spring a yellow and white type theme.
Champion
Champion
Founder

+Light/-Dark : 415

Experience Points : 17212
Comments : Champion (n):

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the righteous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:48 am

hmmm blue would be more winterish, see the button I made, I'm gonna make ones for summer and spring soon too
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:01 pm

These are my ideas...

Autumn- these forums, but with a bit more orange. Maybe the buttons could be more orange (Wink Wink Nudge Nudge)

Winter- white and black, then cyan buttons.

Spring- Blue and Yellow with lots 'o purtty colors.

Summer- the warm colors

Time for a Change? Cw7
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aureus Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:56 am

How bout we do charcoal with gray-white writing so it's neutral and looks good? I can get to work on one right now

EDIT: This is what I got at 3am =P

Time for a Change? JvSForumsButton1
Aureus
Aureus
Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : 34

Experience Points : 16949
Comments : Henry David Thoreau
Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:21 pm

looks like shit lol.

Jk. But we don't want neutral, we want colors.
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Aureus Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:25 pm

Well if u like the button I can just gradient and shit over it for w/e
Aureus
Aureus
Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : 34

Experience Points : 16949
Comments : Henry David Thoreau
Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:35 pm

I'd also prefer the to be rectangular instead of fading ovals.
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down