Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars the Old Republic

+43
Ronzoy
haize
DDruid777
Dr. Patient
LoneStar
Kurupt
Hrothgar
rsG
Lucky
behalok
tedman324
Nomad
Berater
SuperSonic
buzz
soran
Red-X
Eman-Starkiller
claudio
Tanya
Aragorn
KOTOR
Necal
Ðaaaaa
Layfon
Nihil
Champion
Shamusar
Stamp-dc
Karnage
The Zohan
Sqrl
Aardvark
tRibaL
Deadly Assassin
Aureus
Disturbed
dandaman7
Dray The Fingerless
BgFighter/Ghost
Ptolemy
Thing
BaStUn
47 posters

Page 3 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next

Go down

Star Wars the Old Republic - Page 3 Empty Re: Star Wars the Old Republic

Post by Stamp-dc Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:15 pm

WOOOOOT a 2nd video the clone's vid i havent seen yet Very Happy

nice...every day it gets better every time.

Last edited by Stamp-dc on Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stamp-dc
Stamp-dc

+Light/-Dark : -3

Experience Points : 6350
Comments : Remember The Days.....They go by so Quick....

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:22 pm

I would still play if it's p2p...

The most I would pay is like 15 bucks. I'll just work at my dads office at least once a month.
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : 143

Experience Points : 17687
Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.
See ya in anothah life, brothah. - Desmond Hume

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:30 pm

They have Moffs, Grand Moffs, an Emperor, and are structured around military power and order by dictoral rule. Call it what you like, but that's the Galactic Empire under a different name.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 27031
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:59 pm

That's what matters though, it's under a different name.
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:35 pm

thing944 wrote:That's what matters though, it's under a different name.
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : -67

Experience Points : 10465

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:42 am

I got that, thing is that you said they did not exist before Clone Wars, and movie says that they did.

EDIT: See episode I on 1 : 20 : 55 the part when Qui-Gon Jinn speaks about Darth Maul, and if that is not true then movie is not canon.
Qui-Gon Jinn: " ... it was Sith Lord."
Ki-Adi-Mundi: " Impossible. The Sith have been extinct for a milenia. "
Mace Windu: "I do not believe that the Sith could have return without us knowing."

Yes maybe with another name, but they did exist before Clone Wars, unless movie isn't cannon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:24 am

That has nothing to do with the fact that it's a Galactic Empire under a different name.....
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:29 am

Different name but same thing lol, don't you see, you said they only exist after Clone Wars, and it's not cannon if they existed before Clone Wars, which this movie proves they did exist before Clone Wars, my question is is this movie cannon or it isn't. If movie is cannon then TOR game is cannon too.

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:35 am

thing944 wrote:I would still play if it's p2p...

The most I would pay is like 15 bucks. I'll just work at my dads office at least once a month.

Thats as much as Wow... and i drained 200 bucks on wow b4 i knew wtf was going on. Not to mention the few years id like back.
tRibaL
tRibaL

+Light/-Dark : -2

Experience Points : 9135

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:27 am

Cllyx wrote:Different name but same thing lol, don't you see, you said they only exist after Clone Wars, and it's not cannon if they existed before Clone Wars, which this movie proves they did exist before Clone Wars, my question is is this movie cannon or it isn't. If movie is cannon then TOR game is cannon too.
All movies are cannon.
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:33 am

The movie only says the Sith had an Empire, not that there was a Galactic Empire. They've used wording to break canon without breaking it.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:37 am

www.swtor.com/sites/all/themes/swtor/en/assets/mediaPlayerInterior.swf" />www.swtor.com//sites/all/files/en/vc/E32010/ps0616/TOR_Player_Ships.flv&fullscreen_source=/&comment_url=/media/trailers/player-ships-old-republic#comments&download_1=header|Windows Media Video (.wmv),thumb|null,filesize|57M,resolution|1280x720,url|http://cdn-www.swtor.com//sites/all/files/en/vc/E32010/ps0616/TOR_Player_Ships_wmv.zip&download_2=header|Quicktime (.mov),thumb|null,filesize|141M,resolution|1280x720,url|http://cdn-www.swtor.com//sites/all/files/en/vc/E32010/ps0616/TOR_Player_Ships_mov.zip&lang=EN&age_gate=0" />www.swtor.com/sites/all/themes/swtor/en/assets/mediaPlayerInterior.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="330"flashvars="title=undefined&description=undefined&source=http://cdn-www.swtor.com//sites/all/files/en/vc/E32010/ps0616/TOR_Player_Ships.flv&fullscreen_source=/&comment_url=/media/trailers/player-ships-old-republic#comments&download_1=header|Windows Media Video (.wmv),thumb|null,filesize|57M,resolution|1280x720,url|http://cdn-www.swtor.com//sites/all/files/en/vc/E32010/ps0616/TOR_Player_Ships_wmv.zip&download_2=header|Quicktime (.mov),thumb|null,filesize|141M,resolution|1280x720,url|http://cdn-www.swtor.com//sites/all/files/en/vc/E32010/ps0616/TOR_Player_Ships_mov.zip&lang=EN&age_gate=0" />
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:41 am

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG MY OWN SHIP OMG OMG OMG, ok they sold me out. im getting this shit. CREW, PREPARE TO RUMBLE.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26963
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:43 am

Gonna make the Chikita? Or upgrade?
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:46 am

Cllyx wrote:Different name but same thing lol, don't you see, you said they only exist after Clone Wars, and it's not cannon if they existed before Clone Wars, which this movie proves they did exist before Clone Wars, my question is is this movie cannon or it isn't. If movie is cannon then TOR game is cannon too.

The SITH existed long before the old republic. The galactic empire was formed from the old republic. the galactic empire didn't exist but the SITH empire did. they are 2 different things.
Ptolemy
Ptolemy
Chancellor - Masters Council

+Light/-Dark : 95

Experience Points : 15877
Comments : Star Wars the Old Republic - Page 3 Bear_wrestling

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:30 am

meh idgaf abt canon anyways...never even watched the prequel trilogy Razz
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:06 am

WHAT?!

SOME GET THIS CHILD A 3000 CC SHOT OF AWESOME, STAT!
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by The Zohan Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:23 am

Ya you get your own ship.

I don't like that TOR technology looks so much similiar to it much later.

Like the droideka in the video and the republic armor. The imperial ships look like star destroyers and the sith fighters look like they are designed like tie fighters.
The Zohan
The Zohan

+Light/-Dark : 13

Experience Points : 6970

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:41 am

Damn that would get kinda crowded after a while. Everyone with their own ship? You should have to save up and buy one in the game then have each ship that can be crewed with other players.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:56 am

Star Trek Online does that Aard, i think the idea is the same. I think to get your own ship you have to level up a bit, but damn, i want my own godamn ship and my Chikita crew xD
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:01 am

Well if the right circumstances come together, i.e. get a new computer, enough cash for the game, and that the game isn't P2P, then I'll be part of your crew.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:04 am

YUSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:10 am

Aardvark wrote:Well if the right circumstances come together, i.e. , enough cash for the game, and that the game isn't P2P, then I'll be part of your crew.
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:40 pm

Ptolemy wrote:

The SITH existed long before the old republic. The galactic empire was formed from the old republic. the galactic empire didn't exist but the SITH empire did. they are 2 different things.

And TOR gives us no Galactic Empire, it gives us Sith Empire and since it's not same thing then smells as canon. But how is the republic younger then sith empire, republic is older then 25 000 years, and sith?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:00 pm

Jedi AND Sith predate the republic if i understand canon correctly
Ptolemy
Ptolemy
Chancellor - Masters Council

+Light/-Dark : 95

Experience Points : 15877
Comments : Star Wars the Old Republic - Page 3 Bear_wrestling

Back to top Go down