Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars the Old Republic

+43
Ronzoy
haize
DDruid777
Dr. Patient
LoneStar
Kurupt
Hrothgar
rsG
Lucky
behalok
tedman324
Nomad
Berater
SuperSonic
buzz
soran
Red-X
Eman-Starkiller
claudio
Tanya
Aragorn
KOTOR
Necal
Ðaaaaa
Layfon
Nihil
Champion
Shamusar
Stamp-dc
Karnage
The Zohan
Sqrl
Aardvark
tRibaL
Deadly Assassin
Aureus
Disturbed
dandaman7
Dray The Fingerless
BgFighter/Ghost
Ptolemy
Thing
BaStUn
47 posters

Page 2 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next

Go down

Star Wars the Old Republic - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars the Old Republic

Post by Dray The Fingerless Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:02 am

I like the maps. good game to hack and experiment offline. Im not an mmo person, i would try this for the kicks really. specially to travel and see locations. That would be the fun for me. Its Bioware...so if anyone can sell me on an MMO, its Bioware. We will see. Personally i want a KOTOR 3 too...but that aint happening. i rather have a completed KOTOR 2. Mass Effect 2 has wicked graphics, but this game is at Creed 2's level in graphical processing power. Its an MMO, so thats expected. rendering huge maps with that level of detail is just a pain in the ass if yo wanna fill your servers with players. I am still hoping its free to play eheh. you never know.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26962
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:06 am

SWG, an average MMO at best, still charges 15 per month to play. You really think that something this much more popular, something they KNOW is going to get a huge base of players, will be FTP?
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 27030
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Post by dandaman7 Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:11 am

Basically I think it's gonna be like a really cool trailer, but not that great of a game, kinda like Force Unleashed.
dandaman7
dandaman7

+Light/-Dark : 2

Experience Points : 7072

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:12 am

Its Bioware man. anything is possible. its my dream company to work. They are the good guys. LucasArts are the bad guys. But i was hoping for a cheap monthly fee, i wont pay 30 dollars to pay their electricity. With probably what is going to be the WoW killer, wich by that alone makes me love this MMO, They gonna have players in the millions. 30 dollars per each PER month could pay for ...every mmo server ever made. And considering they HAVE the servers, and are only paying for the juice to keep them online, thats even more. 3-5 dollars per player is more than enough, to pay for the juice and get some profit. But LucasArts....they have the Lucas virus, making them kneel in front of money.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:16 am

5 dollars a YEAR with all the players this will get will be more then enough to pay the salary or every LucasArts and Bioware employee out there and the company's electric bill and even server maintenance for years. But they won't do that, the WoW guys have enough money to keep their CEOs set for life by now, and they wouldn't have half the players this game will get.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:19 am

aww dude, wtf did they do to malak? i went to the Swtor website and they have this story of revan, wtf is wrong with malaks face in the sketch? its like he got 30 years older.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:37 am

Wow, this entire story is basically a direct steal from the Legacy Comics.....
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by The Zohan Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:20 am

I wouldnt pay 15-30 bucks a month to play an mmo. Epecialy since my pc is not to hot. its a XP with limited memory. I once tried to play Pirates of the Carribean online and it sucked so much. graphics were missin and the game was slow. Too bad cus that game was free and it rocked.

Btw Deadly, Runescape PvP is back and it has alot more modes now.

If JvS for sure makes its own server or if i can make my own, ill give it a try.

That face of mankind game looks cool.
The Zohan
The Zohan

+Light/-Dark : 13

Experience Points : 6969

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:50 am

I like how Revan uses his saber backwards now... I really dig that style.
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : 143

Experience Points : 17686
Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.
See ya in anothah life, brothah. - Desmond Hume

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:34 am

Dray The Fingerless wrote:Its Bioware man. anything is possible. its my dream company to work. They are the good guys. LucasArts are the bad guys. But i was hoping for a cheap monthly fee, i wont pay 30 dollars to pay their electricity. With probably what is going to be the WoW killer, wich by that alone makes me love this MMO, They gonna have players in the millions. 30 dollars per each PER month could pay for ...every mmo server ever made. And considering they HAVE the servers, and are only paying for the juice to keep them online, thats even more. 3-5 dollars per player is more than enough, to pay for the juice and get some profit. But LucasArts....they have the Lucas virus, making them kneel in front of money.

Big chance it can be that you'll have to buy game only. Neverwinter Nights 2 is on same way, tho not actually MMO, the single story is playable online as well as servers that runs online, custom maps and everything, entire worlds made by players that are different from original story. You buy game and you play without paying anything else, ofc when new expansion is out you have to buy that too. To be a killer of other MMOs doesn't mean they'll have to make it playable on every PC with low systems, it also means it has to be cheaper then other games, but there is big number of players that are ready to pay a lot for this game cos they have money to. You'll not enjoy in it's graphics on low settings, but if you can run KOTOR you should run TOR without problems. And on max settings TOR looks amazing. I don't think they steal the story, they would sue each other for that, they just realize the story into game where you can enjoy with your friends together. It must be PvP, at least between factions, among servers I think you will have choice to play PvP server and/or PvE. And it's not just beauty in PvP, missions you do you can do them with friends and play together helping each other to survive, this game is everything but single player MMO. So it does depends of you will you play it alone or you will be in party or you will kill other player.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:54 am

No I read Legacy, this breaks SW Canon and steals it stories. It breaks cannon because there was no Galactic Empire before the Clone Wars, and it contradicts Kotor 2 by making the Mandalorians a large force again when they're scattered remnants until 40 years after RotJ. It steals the bulk of it's story from Legacy with the Sith forming a pact with the Galactic Empire then turning on the Jedi and taking out the main Temple before allowing peace to be brokered.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:28 am

Oh, I didn't know that. I love SW but I don't read about it and I don't have books and comics, all I know is from games and media on TV. Few years back when I played KOTORs, well my english language was disaster so could barely understand what's all about, but I thought mandalorians were weak in KOTOR II and were reforming again. I am a bit confused, there was no Galactic Empire before, but there was no Sith Empire before either, and that's not same? There is Old Republic and New Republic after Clone Wars. This game offers 4 factions, none of them is called Galactic Empire. And if something is not in book it doesnt mean it didn't exist ppl will make new stories and fill space between without jumping away from cannon, this will be huge fail if they make fake star wars game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:06 am

The Empire is the Sith Empire. The mandalorians arent strong in this game. BTW, I dont know if this is really canon.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Sqrl Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:53 pm

thing944 wrote:I like how Revan uses his saber backwards now... I really dig that style.

Thank You Force Unleashed,

And mostly Thank You Galen Marek. Very Happy
Sqrl
Sqrl

+Light/-Dark : -674

Experience Points : 13371
Comments : Soul Stealer, Breath Taker, Ecstasy Extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:01 pm

in episode 1. they said that there were no sith near 1000 years and first one they saw was Darth Maul after 1000 years, and that tells us that they existed before Clone Wars, counting that the movie is cannon. I still hope this is cannon game, I mean they have timeline where you can see entire history of star wars, why would they bother with that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:53 pm

Sqrl2k wrote:
thing944 wrote:I like how Revan uses his saber backwards now... I really dig that style.

Thank You Force Unleashed,

And mostly Thank You Galen Marek. Very Happy

it is a stupid concept. Backwards blade fighting is used for small blades. using it for long blades like a lightsaber is just ridiculous and unefficient because you get no swing range and control. you tire your arm for little effect. This is good for defense, but other than that, useless. This is a knife technique, not sword. So, thank you Galen Marek for doing something stupid.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:42 pm

First Revan uses saber like Sidius
Second Marek uses backwards only for pose and blast deflection
Third it's Ashoka Tano who you are talking about xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:48 pm

Nah, Asohka does both stances.
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : 143

Experience Points : 17686
Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.
See ya in anothah life, brothah. - Desmond Hume

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:14 pm

sometimes yes, but its her style backwards, not Revan's or Marek's, tho I can say that all of them are cool, no1 is doing stupid swings with saber, if you want to see what's stupid watch fight Obi-Van vs Vader in episode IV

Back to top Go down

Post by Karnage Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:05 pm

Well, yes I do admit that fight was very stupid but you can't just bag opn them right away. You must remember Episode 4 was made in 1976 they couldn't much with special effects and all that crap. Look at Episode 4 and Episode 3 (2005) better special effects, better fighting scenes, for the simple fact that they were made about 34 years apart. So yeah, it was stupid but that was the best they could do I suppose.
Karnage
Karnage

+Light/-Dark : 1

Experience Points : 5502

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:13 pm

im just saying, fightwise, using a backhand stance is stupid.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:36 pm

Dray The Fingerless wrote:im just saying, fightwise, using a backhand stance is stupid.
fighting that way with a single sword is suicide.

On a different note, if this is not pay to play, i would be all over it!
Ptolemy
Ptolemy
Chancellor - Masters Council

+Light/-Dark : 95

Experience Points : 15876
Comments : Star Wars the Old Republic - Page 2 Bear_wrestling

Back to top Go down

Post by BgFighter/Ghost Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:45 pm

I would sleep on pc if i were you ,ptol Very Happy
BgFighter/Ghost
BgFighter/Ghost

+Light/-Dark : -1022

Experience Points : 9678

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:08 pm

Aardvark wrote:It breaks cannon because there was no Galactic Empire before the Clone Wars.

So Galactic Empire is Sith Empire and it only existed after Clone Wars even that they say in movie that they existed 1000 years before Clone Wars?

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:12 pm

idk and idc.

yeah if its not p2p, even if the game costs like $100 initially, am going to get it, eventually
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : -67

Experience Points : 10464

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next