Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Out of the Darkness, Into the Light! Victory!

5 posters

Go down

Out of the Darkness, Into the Light! Victory! Empty Out of the Darkness, Into the Light! Victory!

Post by Nihil Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:20 am

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/americans-quizzed-religion-atheists-knew/story?id=11748799

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/atheist-ministers-leading-faithful/story?id=12004359

AHAHAHA!

Thats great, I predict that atheism, agnosticism etc. will take over the world finally, and thank "god"!
Nihil
Nihil

+Light/-Dark : -912

Experience Points : 12268
Comments : https://www.facebook.com/mattbcarr

Back to top Go down

Out of the Darkness, Into the Light! Victory! Empty Re: Out of the Darkness, Into the Light! Victory!

Post by Dray The Fingerless Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:35 am

You laugh at someone being emotionally devastated?

I pity those priests. They woke up and realized how REALLY shitty it is out here. They are good people, integral to themselves, who are losing a part of them. What if suddenly your belief in the scientific way was COMPLETELY obliterated, without a doubt? That no longer you could live without dogmas. It is sth i know all too well, althou their lives are MUCH more affected than mine.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26948
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Out of the Darkness, Into the Light! Victory! Empty Re: Out of the Darkness, Into the Light! Victory!

Post by Nihil Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:44 am

Dray The Fingerless wrote:You laugh at someone being emotionally devastated?

I pity those priests. They woke up and realized how REALLY shitty it is out here. They are good people, integral to themselves, who are losing a part of them. What if suddenly your belief in the scientific way was COMPLETELY obliterated, without a doubt? That no longer you could live without dogmas. It is sth i know all too well, althou their lives are MUCH more affected than mine.

No, I'm not laughing at their emotional "devastation", rather, I'm laughing because it helps the case for rationality. I used to be Christian, but then I stopped believing in the "faeries" of the bible and started thinking, I think I stopped believing around 8th grade because I started to think critically, something, unfortunately, most people don't seem to be able to do.... They aren't losing a part of themselves, they are changing, people do it all the time. So, yes, we are all brainwashed when we are little, but, when we venture out in the world of intellect, we discover for ourselves. I still have copies of the bible and my church's hymnal book in my desk. Fact is, I don't believe in talking snakes, and neither should you.

I pity them too dray, except, I don't do emotions well, so, maybe I'm missing something, because, I think they just woke up from a nightmare of unicorns, faeries and centaurs.
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:47 am

Their life is done, you are too young to understand a bit of that maybe, but basically, its like you went your whole life defending vigorously the Darwin evolution theory, to have it dismissed in the end, rendering great part of your life, meaningless. It is devastating.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26948
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:53 am

Dray The Fingerless wrote:Their life is done, you are too young to understand a bit of that maybe, but basically, its like you went your whole life defending vigorously the Darwin evolution theory, to have it dismissed in the end, rendering great part of your life, meaningless. It is devastating.

well, I can't pretend to sympathize what we've done here in America, we are supposed to support democracy, but, you know, we still need some omniscent figure to guide our every living moment Evil or Very Mad
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by dandaman7 Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:19 pm

Nihil wrote:
Thats great, I predict that atheism, agnosticism etc. will take over the world finally, and thank "god"!
Yeah! Because 2 anonymous 'pastors' turned atheist, that means the whole world is next!
Finally someone with sense!
dandaman7
dandaman7

+Light/-Dark : 2

Experience Points : 7058

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:37 pm

dandaman7 wrote:
Nihil wrote:
Yeah! Because 2 anonymous 'pastors' turned atheist, that means the whole world is next!
Finally someone with sense!

I smell sarcasm. But I agree, religion is farrrrrrr from dying.
Champion
Champion
Founder

+Light/-Dark : 415

Experience Points : 17190
Comments : Champion (n):

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the righteous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Necal Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:02 pm

Nihil... understand that I would love if the entire world became Atheist or Agnostic.

However, I agree with Champ on this one. Religion has quite a hold on life.

The fact that many people don't know their own faith is troubling, especially when you consider that, according to the pastors, it was reading the bible that got them to become Atheist/Agnostic.

However, the lack of knowledge about a faith is double edged; while they are less likely to be violent about it, they are more likely to stay and support the violent people.

To be honest, I prefer the 'large group of sheep' organization that most American religions have to the 'small group of wolves' that would result if everyone started reading their holy book; it would turn away those who can't quite handle it, and make most of the rest of them into dangerous fantatics.

Still, it would be an important step to geting rid of superstition more or less as a whole, which would include religion.
Necal
Necal

+Light/-Dark : -3

Experience Points : 5510

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down