Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Years after I gave my opinion in a science debate, I am finally vindicated.

+2
Spidey
Champion
6 posters

Go down

Years after I gave my opinion in a science debate, I am finally vindicated.  Empty Years after I gave my opinion in a science debate, I am finally vindicated.

Post by Champion Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:05 am

Seems my vindication came years later, but its finally coming to a realization of truth.

http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/12957-the-legacy-of-neanderthal-genes-in-the-sapien-gene-pool/

I am "The Peon" in the conversation and the topic starter.

Cliffs:

- in 2007 I posted an opinion that Neanderthals had mixed DNA with Sapiens, and I presented a strong argument for it against many creationists and others.
- 3 years passed and the evidence mounted slowly, while at first it seemed I was wrong and Neanderthals did NOT give DNA to us, it is now proven that any Sapien outside of direct African descent carries roughly 1-4% of Neanderthal legacy DNA. Thus validating my opinion into fact.

easily read source: http://www.boston.com/news/science/articles/2010/05/07/theres_a_little_neanderthal_in_us/?p1=Well_MostPop_Emailed4
Champion
Champion
Founder

+Light/-Dark : 415

Experience Points : 17205
Comments : Champion (n):

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the righteous.

Back to top Go down

Years after I gave my opinion in a science debate, I am finally vindicated.  Empty Re: Years after I gave my opinion in a science debate, I am finally vindicated.

Post by Spidey Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:44 am

gratz
Spidey
Spidey
Jedi Approval Commitee

+Light/-Dark : 86

Experience Points : 21176
Comments : So many things to tell her,
But how to make her see?
The truth about my past, impossible
She'd turn away from me

Back to top Go down

Years after I gave my opinion in a science debate, I am finally vindicated.  Empty Re: Years after I gave my opinion in a science debate, I am finally vindicated.

Post by Aureus Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:17 am

Where do u find this shit?
Aureus
Aureus
Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : 34

Experience Points : 16942
Comments : Henry David Thoreau
Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:34 am

First off I would hardly consider it shit, secondly, find what?
Champion
Champion
Founder

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the righteous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:02 am

Lol Creationists shouldnt even debate Neanderthals. They are a proven outside species of Homo Sapiens that carried almost as much intelligence potential as we do. Its like saying. GOD MADE MAN IN HIS IMAGE, BUT oh whats this? Another intelligent being? Guess God needed to do some experimentation first....
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26963
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:57 am

Most creationists will say Neanderthals are human skeletons with rickets. If you read my debate, you will see how I debunk this.
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:13 am

Most creationists will say Neanderthals are human skeletons with rickets.
i lold

anyway gratz champy
Nomad
Nomad
Senator - Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : -37

Experience Points : 12666

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:22 am

Can't believe people do not find this a bit.. I don't know... freaky or astonishing.
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:34 am

You followed what seem most likely path, scientifically speaking. Congratz on the foreshadowing, but if you had said Neanderthals were all lizard reptiles and THAT would be proven true....Now that would make me go =0. This makes me go =D
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:34 am

Funny, my AP world book is out of date from last year then XD

It had said that man "may" have mixed with the Neanderthals.

Btw, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel about this, but, if I remember correctly, Neanderthals demonstrated signs of compassion and sentimentality before humans, so I don't know if I should be happy or not care that I carry Neanderthal DNA.

That also makes Africans more human, take that racism!
Nihil
Nihil

+Light/-Dark : -912

Experience Points : 12283
Comments : https://www.facebook.com/mattbcarr

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:03 am

Dray The Fingerless wrote:You followed what seem most likely path, scientifically speaking. Congratz on the foreshadowing, but if you had said Neanderthals were all lizard reptiles and THAT would be proven true....Now that would make me go =0. This makes me go =D

Actually the scientific burden was against me back then, I was literally paddling up river. I just had a gut instinct about it..

Nihil wrote:Funny, my AP world book is out of date from last year then XD

It had said that man "may" have mixed with the Neanderthals.

Btw, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel about this, but, if I remember correctly, Neanderthals demonstrated signs of compassion and sentimentality before humans, so I don't know if I should be happy or not care that I carry Neanderthal DNA.

That also makes Africans more human, take that racism!

We know little as to what affect if any the genes play in our humanity. Neanderthals had culture just like we do, I don't think any one particular hominid was superior, or at least had much more of an advantage over the other that it was apparent. What gave Sapien the advantage was his culture. He brought with him art and advanced weapons.
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:35 am

They were prettier too.Razz
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:41 pm

erm.. if you like massive noses, sloped brows and small chins then sure. I guess. I will assume you were being sarcastic.
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:18 pm

.....go take 5 minutes Champ please....
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down