Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Greatest Threat to my Life (Hint: It isn't terrorism)

+7
tRibaL
Sqrl
Aardvark
Thing
Champion
Dray The Fingerless
Nihil
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Greatest Threat to my Life (Hint: It isn't terrorism) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Greatest Threat to my Life (Hint: It isn't terrorism)

Post by Nihil Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:35 pm

Champion wrote:
Nihil wrote:Listen guys, we get what we vote for in America, it is just that we are so damn stupid that we elect the guy with interests in wall street, or, as the Country Party would put it, "without virtue".

If the government was scared of us, it wouldn't do anything, because they would all be so scared shitless that doing ANYTHING would scare them.

Also, the government is controlled, we elect them guys, there are no serious go abouts that we do not know about in the legislative or judicial branch. Tyranny can only be imposed by ourselves, our elected officials represent us.

I'm scared of these people not because of what they do, but they're radicalism, and how close they live to me O.o. They see the future as an uprising against the government? I mean, does the right to bear arms really mean the right to purchase long range missiles? Is that what is next? If I work for the government as a physicist, does that mean I'm a target as a government employee? Why do they view the government as evil if it is composed of their own elected representatives? It scares me, and may well pose a threat to my life if I do go into a research division of the government.

You get exactly what you vote for, because there is nothing else to vote for. You get lying, thieving crooks. Thats what Obama is, thats what Bush Jr was, thats what Clinton was and so forth and so on back to earth 19th century presidents who I feel, where the last of the true presidents.

The entire spew of your second paragraph sounds like a govt official parroting the same BS they indoctrinate you with in this country. Everything is fine. All elected officials deserve to be there cause we voted them in, yada yada yada.

Government workers are just that, workers. I am referring to politicians, judges and lawyers. And the right to bear arms refers to the people having the collective ability to defend themselves. Allowing someone to own a long range missile goes beyond that. Lets be reasonable and logical here. Extreme arguments just make you look foolish when it comes to common sense.

YOu must be paranoid, none of our elected officials are "out to get you" and indoctrination is not extant. They DO deserve to be there because we voted for them, what about Ron Paul, sure he may not be as informed as he should be, but no one would deny the fact that he tried to have people's best interests at heart.

Going beyond that, it is foolish to think that there is some grandiose scheme to make sure the government gets its people elected, just watch this november, Dems are gonna lose a ton of seats.

Then is owning a military grade machine gun, not submachine gun, but a machine gun common sense? I don't fear the government, I fear the people who voted to put them in there, they are the greatest threat to my security and freedom because it is their elected representatives that may take away my freedoms.
Nihil
Nihil

+Light/-Dark : -912

Experience Points : 12290
Comments : https://www.facebook.com/mattbcarr

Back to top Go down

The Greatest Threat to my Life (Hint: It isn't terrorism) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Greatest Threat to my Life (Hint: It isn't terrorism)

Post by Champion Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:40 pm

Nihil wrote:
Champion wrote:
Nihil wrote:Listen guys, we get what we vote for in America, it is just that we are so damn stupid that we elect the guy with interests in wall street, or, as the Country Party would put it, "without virtue".

If the government was scared of us, it wouldn't do anything, because they would all be so scared shitless that doing ANYTHING would scare them.

Also, the government is controlled, we elect them guys, there are no serious go abouts that we do not know about in the legislative or judicial branch. Tyranny can only be imposed by ourselves, our elected officials represent us.

I'm scared of these people not because of what they do, but they're radicalism, and how close they live to me O.o. They see the future as an uprising against the government? I mean, does the right to bear arms really mean the right to purchase long range missiles? Is that what is next? If I work for the government as a physicist, does that mean I'm a target as a government employee? Why do they view the government as evil if it is composed of their own elected representatives? It scares me, and may well pose a threat to my life if I do go into a research division of the government.

You get exactly what you vote for, because there is nothing else to vote for. You get lying, thieving crooks. Thats what Obama is, thats what Bush Jr was, thats what Clinton was and so forth and so on back to earth 19th century presidents who I feel, where the last of the true presidents.

The entire spew of your second paragraph sounds like a govt official parroting the same BS they indoctrinate you with in this country. Everything is fine. All elected officials deserve to be there cause we voted them in, yada yada yada.

Government workers are just that, workers. I am referring to politicians, judges and lawyers. And the right to bear arms refers to the people having the collective ability to defend themselves. Allowing someone to own a long range missile goes beyond that. Lets be reasonable and logical here. Extreme arguments just make you look foolish when it comes to common sense.

YOu must be paranoid, none of our elected officials are "out to get you" and indoctrination is not extant. They DO deserve to be there because we voted for them, what about Ron Paul, sure he may not be as informed as he should be, but no one would deny the fact that he tried to have people's best interests at heart.

Going beyond that, it is foolish to think that there is some grandiose scheme to make sure the government gets its people elected, just watch this november, Dems are gonna lose a ton of seats.

Then is owning a military grade machine gun, not submachine gun, but a machine gun common sense? I don't fear the government, I fear the people who voted to put them in there, they are the greatest threat to my security and freedom because it is their elected representatives that may take away my freedoms.

How am I being paranoid when every single positive change every elected official has failed to come to a realization? People like Ron Paul will never get in power, and even if they do I doubt the good intentions would last. Sorry, history is my best teacher. Unlike most people I use it extensively to predict future events. My point is, it doesn't really matter who is in power. Democrat or Republican is the same shit. Neither of them represent my, nor your best interests.

Not even gonna get into a petty debate like what guns or weapons would be acceptable for a citizen to arm himself with.
Champion
Champion
Founder

+Light/-Dark : 415

Experience Points : 17212
Comments : Champion (n):

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the righteous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:49 pm

Champion wrote:
Nihil wrote:
Champion wrote:

How am I being paranoid when every single positive change every elected official has failed to come to a realization? People like Ron Paul will never get in power, and even if they do I doubt the good intentions would last. Sorry, history is my best teacher. Unlike most people I use it extensively to predict future events. My point is, it doesn't really matter who is in power. Democrat or Republican is the same shit. Neither of them represent my, nor your best interests.

Not even gonna get into a petty debate like what guns or weapons would be acceptable for a citizen to arm himself with.

You just did get into that debate, you said it was ridiculous for people to have long range missiles.
If they don't represent our interests, ever, then why aren't you and anyone else not paying their taxes in mass civil disobedience that can't imprison them all, but, the reason is, that they of course know that the government isn't really against them.

Ron Paul will never be elected by he is, quite honestly, uninformed about nearly eery economic issue possible. he wants to abolish the federal reserve! I mean, really, the federal reserve is perhaps the most important economic institute in america, and, if it wasn't for bush, we could have had interest rates higher than bound on zero, and thus, instead of stimulus, used that monetary tool to propel ourselves out of a recession.
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:38 pm

Nihil wrote:
Champion wrote:
Nihil wrote:
Champion wrote:

You just did get into that debate, you said it was ridiculous for people to have long range missiles.
If they don't represent our interests, ever, then why aren't you and anyone else not paying their taxes in mass civil disobedience that can't imprison them all, but, the reason is, that they of course know that the government isn't really against them.

Ron Paul will never be elected by he is, quite honestly, uninformed about nearly eery economic issue possible. he wants to abolish the federal reserve! I mean, really, the federal reserve is perhaps the most important economic institute in america, and, if it wasn't for bush, we could have had interest rates higher than bound on zero, and thus, instead of stimulus, used that monetary tool to propel ourselves out of a recession.

Its because most people are conditioned and brainwashed by their governments to be patriotic nit wits with no mind of their own. Look at this country, the brain washing starts at a young age. Pledge of allegiance, the one sided history books, etc etc. I am sure the Nazi Germans thought the same good things about their government at the time.

I do not think the US government has waged a single righteous war since WW2. It's as if in the lack of war, a president needs to go find one. It's a disgusting practice and that alone warrants me to file the US gov. along with all the other corrupt broken legal systems.

Don't even get me started on the federal reserve. So you give a group of banks all the control of the wealth in the USA, including setting interest rates of there OWN money, and label it "federal" so it sounds official. Now you have a bunch of CEOs in control of the nations economy who have not been elected or vetted by the public. That makes perfect sense and is a great institution. Rolling Eyes <--- sarcasm
Champion
Champion
Founder

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the righteous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:50 pm

Champion wrote:
Nihil wrote:
Champion wrote:
Nihil wrote:
Champion wrote:

Its because most people are conditioned and brainwashed by their governments to be patriotic nit wits with no mind of their own. Look at this country, the brain washing starts at a young age. Pledge of allegiance, the one sided history books, etc etc. I am sure the Nazi Germans thought the same good things about their government at the time.

I do not think the US government has waged a single righteous war since WW2. It's as if in the lack of war, a president needs to go find one. It's a disgusting practice and that alone warrants me to file the US gov. along with all the other corrupt broken legal systems.

Don't even get me started on the federal reserve. So you give a group of banks all the control of the wealth in the USA, including setting interest rates of there OWN money, and label it "federal" so it sounds official. Now you have a bunch of CEOs in control of the nations economy who have not been elected or vetted by the public. That makes perfect sense and is a great institution. Rolling Eyes <--- sarcasm

The only reason the Fed is like that is because we have it privatized, just like those Austrian Economists wanted, and look where that got us. If you think we use onesided history books, I dare you to find an example that is used in northern states, i.e, not texas.
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:00 pm

Sure, the one I read in school. They were not even apologetic about the Trail of Tears in it.
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:03 pm

History books are supposed to report the facts, not apologize for what happened
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:09 pm

It was an offhand comment about how it barely even mentioned it. There should have been an entire chapter on it. Not to mention many other facts that were conveniently left out. The very fact that the book romanticizes pillage rape and plunder was pretty searing in my memory. Of course the other animals in the class ate it up without a second thought, but thats never been me.
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:14 pm

History is a collection of facts that influenced humanity.

I'd have to say that the Trail of Tears didn't influence humanity greatly. However, if you want a whole chapter on the displacement of indians, that doesn't work, its not chronological, it happens with the expansion of the u.s, which doesn't happen all at once.
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:32 pm

Also, you're old Champ, text books in 1916 don't count Razz
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : 143

Experience Points : 17694
Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.
See ya in anothah life, brothah. - Desmond Hume

Back to top Go down

Post by Ðaaaaa Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:03 pm

Champion wrote:

I think the last of the true presidents was JFK and earlier but thats my own opinion..
Ðaaaaa
Ðaaaaa

+Light/-Dark : 15

Experience Points : 6179

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:11 am

Nihil wrote:History is a collection of facts that influenced humanity.

I'd have to say that the Trail of Tears didn't influence humanity greatly. However, if you want a whole chapter on the displacement of indians, that doesn't work, its not chronological, it happens with the expansion of the u.s, which doesn't happen all at once.

Whatever you are just arguing to argue at this point. Prove my points wrong.

Ðaaaaa wrote:
Champion wrote:

I think the last of the true presidents was JFK and earlier but thats my own opinion..

JFK was the beginning of the end. He was the one who introduced social programs which enabled Americans to begin a consumer/lazy lifestyle that we see today.

Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2