Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banned from the US

+7
Nihil
Thing
Moneyman
Shinobi Kenshi
SouLCasT
Dray The Fingerless
Aragorn
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Banned from the US Empty Banned from the US

Post by Aragorn Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:33 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/09/13/british-teen-banned-life-sending-obscene-e-mail-obama/

Is this what we've come to? This has to be the stupidest reason to ban anyone from the US. He can have his own opinion about Obama all he wants and shouldn't be banned because Obama is butt hurt. I admire the guy, drunk or not, for voicing his opinion. Nobody should be afraid to voice their opinion and being banned from the US is bogus. This is just more reason for me to dislike our President.
Aragorn
Aragorn
Grand Master of the Jedi Order

+Light/-Dark : -79

Experience Points : 12066
Comments : Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack. ~ Sun Tzu

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. ~ Sun Tzu

Back to top Go down

Banned from the US Empty Re: Banned from the US

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:36 pm

Wow Ara, way to jump the gun there. You think the President has something to do with that? Thats your Homeland Security at its best. I doubt Obama even read the email.

PS: I doubt he will be sad not being able to go, seeing as he lives in England. Loved his reactions lol. He was like "LOL, I DID THAT? PWNAGE"
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26959
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by Aragorn Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:46 pm

Yeah, he wasn't disappointed that he was banned. He said he didn't care, which is fine but the point is this is absolutely ridiculous to do. Obama may or may not have, we don't know. Nobody knows that he did so saying what he did won't be accurate. Yes, Homeland Security made that decision, more than likely but the point is that it's stupid to do. If we banned everyone who bad talked the President from the US, I'd be banned, my entire family would be banned. There is no sense in it at all.
Aragorn
Aragorn

Comments : Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack. ~ Sun Tzu

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. ~ Sun Tzu

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:48 pm

Like i said, your Homeland Security at its best.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by SouLCasT Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:11 pm

I shall now send an e-mail to Obama. I wanna be fucking banned from the US!

Doesn't matter I live on the other continent. ftw.
SouLCasT
SouLCasT

+Light/-Dark : 7

Experience Points : 6884

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinobi Kenshi Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:16 pm

It's tempting actually... haha!
Shinobi Kenshi
Shinobi Kenshi

+Light/-Dark : 12

Experience Points : 6831

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneyman Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:38 pm

I bet China's government saw this and said, "WTF? And they think WE have freedom of speech issues..."
Moneyman
Moneyman

+Light/-Dark : 1

Experience Points : 5405
Comments : "I'm not racist, I hate all people equally"

Back to top Go down

Post by Aragorn Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:46 pm

Moneyman wrote:I bet China's government saw this and said, "WTF? And they think WE have freedom of speech issues..."
Aragorn
Aragorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:01 pm

Oh, god...

Ara... I feel like saying so much stuff... But I can't process it all...
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : 143

Experience Points : 17683
Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.
See ya in anothah life, brothah. - Desmond Hume

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:05 pm

Yes... of course, it MUST have been the president, because, god knows, that the FBI hasn't been acting with the same members since G.W.B.

/reality fail

Since when do you think any president actually READS their emails? LOL, hundreds of thousands a day, not to mention the fact that the president doesn't go out to the FBI and say, do this do that

and really, don't you think he gets death threats from Glenn Beck viewers everyday? And just PO'd people in general?

but, in the end, this is incredibly stupid, why do we have the homeland security department anyways... George Bush Very Happy

I hope they had a very good reason to do this, otherwise, it is just messed up.
Nihil
Nihil

+Light/-Dark : -912

Experience Points : 12279
Comments : https://www.facebook.com/mattbcarr

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:15 pm

^
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : 143

Experience Points : 17683
Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.
See ya in anothah life, brothah. - Desmond Hume

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:18 pm

Oh ya, more importantly, don't look at anything owned by Rupert Murdoch, just a good rule of thumb.
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:51 pm

Thats it Nihil.. prop up the failing 'news' networks as much as you can...
Ptolemy
Ptolemy
Chancellor - Masters Council

+Light/-Dark : 95

Experience Points : 15873
Comments : Banned from the US Bear_wrestling

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:57 pm

at least the ones that don't have internal memos about how they are going to twist the news...
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Aragorn Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:10 pm

It's absolutely stupid to think that CNN or any other of the Liberal sources that you get your information from don't have an agenda to accomplish, Nihil. There are very few unbiased news networks out there. Fox news is about 60% conservative but they give both sides of the issue. Bill O Reily is more of a liberal than anything. You have one show that is Dem vs Rep (Hannity and Combs). They are the most centered that I have seen compared to CNN and all the other shows. I've watched them, I've done research and Fox News is more center than most. I highly doubt that Fox twists the news. It's more logical for CNN and the liberals to do that to keep their "Messiah" in office and screw the country over, but that's another debate.

It kinda pisses me off that every source that I can come up with doesn't fit your "rule of thumb" and is therefore wrong. That's an extremely narrow and purposeful ignorant thinking. I look at other networks for news stories to see which fits and which makes the most sense. It was presumptuous of me to assume it was Obama who made the decision but nobody here can say who made that decision personally. You weren't there when the decision was made. You weren't there to be able to tell me Homeland Security made the final decision or if the President did.
Aragorn
Aragorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:20 pm

So you assume its the president then because it is easier to make a conspiracy theory out of it and demonize the president?

Let me make this clearer than Rachel Maddow did, FOX NEWS CAN HAVE A BIAS! However, when it starts TWISTING THE NEWS and ACTIVELY SUPPORTING A POLITICAL MOVEMENT/GROUP, A.K.A the Tea Party, remember that Fox News Tea Party thing? THEN IT IS NOT A LEGITIMATE NEWS CORPORATION.

I don't care if Fox has a bias, but since it twists the news, I can't trust it, simple as that, everyone knows that it does. Also, O'Rielly is NOT a liberal

Did i mention that Fox News made a million dollar donation to a political candidate?

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201008270018
http://www.mediaite.com/online/fox-news-to-run-media-matters-ad-critical-of-news-corp-1-million-gop-donation/
http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=100

edit: I forgot to mention that facts inherently have a liberal bias
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:31 pm

Yeah O'Rilley is quite a joke...the things he says are just....well i wil just say that man is not a journalist in any way.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:44 pm

Well, he isn't supposed to be lol, he is a talk show host.
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:53 pm

Dray The Fingerless wrote:Yeah O'Rilley is quite a joke...the things he says are just....well i wil just say that man is not a journalist in any way.

Not sure he claims to be. His 'no spin zone' is opinion pure and simple. so now you are going to bash him for giving opinion on the news instead the news that fits his opinion...
Ptolemy
Ptolemy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:54 pm

Well people talk about him like hes a major voice when it comes to information. But even so, as a talk show host, he is horrible. Hes a highly unlikable person. Major ego, major major major narcisistic mentality. Anyone he talks to he immediatly lets them know 'im better than you'.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:56 pm

Nihil wrote:edit: I forgot to mention that facts inherently have a liberal bias

So in your world EVERYONE is a Liberal and the conservative is an anomaly? If facts are inherently liberal you would think that MSNBC and the main stream networks would not be so far behind in ratings...

But what do i know? I do not get my news and 'facts' from state approved sources of information like Nihil does...
Ptolemy
Ptolemy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:03 pm

If facts weren't liberal we would have already stopped having the evolution debate, the supply-side economic policy would be dead, Republicans would be less Reagan and more Eisenhower, climate change would be addressed, world hunger would be funded more appropriately, we wouldn't have people going around claiming that Obama is the anti-christ, 1/4 of surveyed tea party supporters, if you remember that thread... sooo... ya.
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:07 pm

Back on point. This is an example of how fallible legislative acts and bad supreme court decisions, result in a violation of rights. We basically don't have Freedom of Speech anymore. I suspect this kid got banned because they decided he was a "potential terrorist" because he had views contrary to those held by people in power.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 27027
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:14 pm

Oh freedom of speech....well i think the US have a limit to their power, but when it comes to silencing potential threats to the status quo....superb efficiency.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:17 pm

well, if you think about it, this kid isn't technically, and i use that term loosely, covered under the constitution, though these are values we hold up, only the citizens of the united states are granted them specifically.
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next