Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drist's First Real Sig

+7
Aardvark
Dr. Patient
SouLCasT
dandaman7
Ptolemy
BgFighter/Ghost
Drist
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Drist's First Real Sig - Page 2 Empty Re: Drist's First Real Sig

Post by Drist Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:41 pm

I like it all,
Drist
Drist
Sith Approval Committee

+Light/-Dark : 4

Experience Points : 6833

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Patient Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:43 pm

I think its sexy, the render dosen't look blurry to me, it is small though.
Dr. Patient
Dr. Patient

+Light/-Dark : 8

Experience Points : 6612

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:44 pm

I still like your first sig a lot. In a few ways, better than this one.

As Shin said, the render is too small. Also, the colors don't have that right "vibe." A good thing to do when lacking the idea for a background is to take the render, and either enlarge it (if it's too small) or get the original sized render (since they are usually too big) and find a way to distort that. Also, if you can't find a good way to do anything with the edges, add a border (Filters > Artisitc > Add Border I think).

I'm gonna work more on your first sig, if you don't mind. Do you have an xfire...?
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : 143

Experience Points : 17676
Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.
See ya in anothah life, brothah. - Desmond Hume

Back to top Go down

Post by Drist Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:51 pm

Yeah no prob.

Xfire is lockd3ath
Drist
Drist
Sith Approval Committee

+Light/-Dark : 4

Experience Points : 6833

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:17 pm

This is my version of your sig. Use it if you'd like, but I made so you just notice the little things.

Drist's First Real Sig - Page 2 Dristsig

So, the first thing you'll notice is the signature Shocked. But then, you should notice the render, Altaïr. Not much editing was done beyond sizing down the render itself, and using the eraser tool to take off some of the back and the elbow.

Now, notice the "black and white" parts of the background. In the black part of the sig, You'll notice that there is actually something in it. That is a picture taken from the game (courtesy of Google images). What I did for that is set a black background. Then I found the pic (which I chose because 1] it's part of the game and 2] this sig called for a palm tree Razz) I wanted to use, and added it by copying and pasting it onto the canvas. After I saved it as a new layer, I moved it into the position I wanted and turned down the opacity to a level to which the image was still visible but still showed the black background.

Now, if you turn your attention to the white part of the background, you will notice some random letters. If you've ever played the game Assassin's Creed (which seems likely, seeing as how you made a sig about the main character) you might recall the "glitches" that would happen when you talked to people. I took that idea and implemented it. Now, the white background isn't actually white, but more of a really, really, really pale blue. I had to make it that color because if I made it plain white, the color of the text would blend in with the color of the background and then you wouldn't be able to see much.

After many duplication of layers, I finally found a layout I liked and merged all the layers I used to make the "glitch." Then, I duplicated the whole layer again and Gaussian Blurred it so it look like a faint glow. Then, I just change the color of the glow with the colorizer (Colors > Colorizer If I remember correctly) to a blue-ish color. Merged the two layers (the Gaussian blur glow and the letters) and once again, duplicated that layer, and just adjusted that into a different position by moving it, shrinking it, rotating it, and enlarging it (not in that particular order). Once again, when I found a good position and I liked how it looked, I merged all those layers and voilà, Assassin's Creed glitches à la GIMP.

Next I did the border. The border is a simple filter (which I told you the wrong location of, by the way way. The proper location is Filters > Decor > Add Border), but just doing that filter didn't get me to the result I got. What I did was highlight all of the border — which at this point was only black — and use the blend tool , with the colors black and white, until I found a balance of black and white between the sig. After the border was done, I decided to experiment, and got that nice little glow I got around the sig. What I did was Gaussian blur a duplicate I made of the border, and I got that cool little glow.

Last, but not least, are the words "Drist Inferno." I used this font to make them. Again, I duplicated the completed font, and made one of them black, and kept the other white. I put the black one under the white one, and took the eraser tool to the bottom of the white font and messed around until I liked it.

Here's a Side by side comparison:

Drist's First Real Sig - Page 2 Dristsig Drist's First Real Sig - Page 2 Assassindrist

And a up and down comparison Razz

Drist's First Real Sig - Page 2 Assassindrist

Drist's First Real Sig - Page 2 Dristsig

Some more advice; learn and use the shortcut keys. Things go by much faster that way, and you feel more computer savvy Very Happy.

The .XCF of the sig
(which I suggest you download, Drist, So you see some of the things I did as an example)
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Patient Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:22 pm

Oh my I want to try and edit the sig.
Dr. Patient
Dr. Patient

+Light/-Dark : 8

Experience Points : 6612

Back to top Go down

Post by Aureus Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:33 pm

Drist's First Real Sig - Page 2 Didntread
Aureus
Aureus
Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : 34

Experience Points : 16931
Comments : Henry David Thoreau
Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:43 pm

Master CoG wrote:Drist's First Real Sig - Page 2 Didntread

Wasn't meant for you, fag Razz
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Aureus Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:44 pm

Drist's First Real Sig - Page 2 Animated-facepalm-thumb-512x512
Aureus
Aureus
Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : 34

Experience Points : 16931
Comments : Henry David Thoreau
Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake.

Back to top Go down

Post by BgFighter/Ghost Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:49 pm

Thing is pro GIMPer xD I Like it ,yeah! It all looks diff o_O
BgFighter/Ghost
BgFighter/Ghost

+Light/-Dark : -1022

Experience Points : 9668

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:51 pm

BgFighter/Ghost wrote:Thing is pro
Thanks mang Razz.
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by BgFighter/Ghost Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:58 pm

Anyway ,anytime Razz
BgFighter/Ghost
BgFighter/Ghost

+Light/-Dark : -1022

Experience Points : 9668

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content