Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Applicant Screening Process - Passed

+8
Deadly Assassin
Aragorn
Disturbed
The Zohan
Stamp-dc
BgFighter/Ghost
Spidey
Dray The Fingerless
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Applicant Screening Process - Passed Empty New Applicant Screening Process - Passed

Post by Dray The Fingerless Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:43 pm

When a recruit applies for JvS he must seek out and spend an allocated amount of time on the server each week, and must also log in an allocated amount of time with a "sponsor". Server and sponsor time stack, so a recruit may play on the server alone and gain server hours, and may also play those hours with a sponsor gaining sponsor hours at the same time. These server hours can be discounted as forum posts. If the applicant makes 10 resourceful/useful/viable posts in the forums, he can be discounted an hour off of the servers.

A sponsor can be any full clan member who has already passed probation and has been in the clan for a full month after probation. Any sponsor may step forward and pledge the time needed for the new recruit to pass his probation. The sponsor will be the primary judge of the new recruits attitude and eligibility to join JvS as a mature and responsible member.
The sponsor must post in the application thread saying that they agree to be his or her sponsor.

If the recruit fails to meet the standards of a JvS member he will be reported either via the recruits thread or a PM to a council member or senator. If another full member spends time with the new applicant he may also pledge sponsor hours towards the new recruits eligibility, however they do not stack with any other sponsors hours if those hours were spent online at the same time. Once the requirements are met for week 1, the recruit may not use any additional hours during that week towards week 2's requirements.

Sponsor hours are to be kept track of in the recruits application thread, and any admin should change the OP to reflect the hours gained. Recruits who do not meet the hourly requirements automatically fail and may reapply after a 2 week waiting period.

Note: It is up to a recruit to seek out sponsors as well, in fact his very eligibility requires it. It also puts a responsibility on all members to seek out these new recruits and judge them while they play on our servers.

Suggested time allocations:

1st week recruit: Server time - 5 Hours total Sponsor time - 3 hours total
2nd week recruit: Server time - 5 hours Sponsor time - 5 hours

Thoughts on this will be heard here.

This Act has passed Senate and Council.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26952
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

New Applicant Screening Process - Passed Empty Re: New Applicant Screening Process - Passed

Post by Spidey Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:49 pm

im for it
Spidey
Spidey
Jedi Approval Commitee

+Light/-Dark : 86

Experience Points : 21165
Comments : So many things to tell her,
But how to make her see?
The truth about my past, impossible
She'd turn away from me

Back to top Go down

New Applicant Screening Process - Passed Empty Re: New Applicant Screening Process - Passed

Post by BgFighter/Ghost Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:15 pm

I agree.
BgFighter/Ghost
BgFighter/Ghost

+Light/-Dark : -1022

Experience Points : 9668

Back to top Go down

Post by Stamp-dc Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:33 pm

awsome this will help alot.
Stamp-dc
Stamp-dc

+Light/-Dark : -3

Experience Points : 6339
Comments : Remember The Days.....They go by so Quick....

Back to top Go down

Post by The Zohan Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:37 am

I is against dis. Need i say why?
The Zohan
The Zohan

+Light/-Dark : 13

Experience Points : 6959

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:37 am

The Zohan wrote:I is against dis. Need i say why?

yes
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : -67

Experience Points : 10454

Back to top Go down

Post by Aragorn Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:42 am

I am also against it. I think if we followed the rules we have in place already more closely, such an act is unnecessary. Relying on a "sponsor" is too problematic between timezone differences and time restrictions on both parties parts. What if the new recruit cant spend that much time on the server? Are we going to shy them away because they can't dedicate that kind of time? If that were the case that means we are only allowing people who are active (to our standards) to join. Who are we to decide how active they should be to join the clan?
Aragorn
Aragorn
Grand Master of the Jedi Order

+Light/-Dark : -79

Experience Points : 12059
Comments : Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack. ~ Sun Tzu

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. ~ Sun Tzu

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:44 am

the time required is quite minimal. Perhaps it could be less, but if somebody is really interested than they wouldn't have an issue. This clans sink is overflowing, we need to put the taps speed down
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Aragorn Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:46 am

So what you're saying is if they really wanted to be in the clan, they would play this much, whether they could or not? That's not right. I realize not everyone is going to have this issue but some people might and to make them play for this amount of time AND have the approval of a sponsor they are supposed to play with, that's too much. It's unnecessary.
Aragorn
Aragorn

Comments : Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack. ~ Sun Tzu

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. ~ Sun Tzu

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:47 am

they can explain their case if they are unable to do so?
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Aragorn Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:49 am

Or something of that nature, yes.
Aragorn
Aragorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadly Assassin Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:29 am

rly..... 5hours a week....

i play less then that in 2weeks lately

you shouldnt subject people who want to join the clan to requirements that not even 3/4s of the clan can achieve
Deadly Assassin
Deadly Assassin

+Light/-Dark : -25

Experience Points : 7412

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:54 am

3/4 th of the clan has already proven their loyalty and were previously much more active in some point of time.
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadly Assassin Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:16 am

Disturbed wrote:3/4 th of the clan has already proven their loyalty and were previously much more active in some point of time.

yes and they did it without being forced to play a set amount of time or under someone watchful eye

why shouldnt new recruits be givin the same chance to prove worth and loyalty without forced rules
Deadly Assassin
Deadly Assassin

+Light/-Dark : -25

Experience Points : 7412

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:33 am

we do not have the capacity to allow everyone easily into the clan. While I think the 5 hour think should be negotiable, the sponsor part is absolutely necessary to prevent our mug of beer from spilling over
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by The Zohan Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:44 am

You shouldnt make the solution to make it harder for people to join. Slowly the clan is getting more annoying to in and less apealable to join. I think the only people that will have the patience for this is players tht re friends with other clan members.
The Zohan
The Zohan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:22 pm

Ive seen too many people i didnt even see for their 2 weeks of probation get in the clan. To put it simple, this is to ensure he is active enough for people to know him. If he is active and playing, then this will be no problem. 5 hours per week is less then an hour per day. And most players spend two rounds in our tffa in one day when they play, so thats immediatly more then an hour in one day. Maybe toning it down to 4 hours can be done, but this needs to be done in order for someone who wants to join to not be a complete unknown person that we have no idea who it is. Too many idiots joined, caused drama, and left cause we didnt get to know them, cause we didnt put upon them to interact with us. So you want basically, anyone capable of making an application and then showing up 2 weeks later to come in this clan? No, this is to show activity, commitment, and will. And to filter idiots.

Heres a run down of the options:

A. a player currently busy, unable, or inactive in recent times or for recent future that wants to join. This has a simple solution: Join the Clan later when you are more into it/available.

B.A PLAYER WHO pops in time to time, ever since he's playing this game. If this player isnt that into this, why does he want to join a clan? A group of people who wanna play with each other, group up and play a game they like? Become a Friend of the clan if so, instead of a clan member with commitment responsibilities.

C.He is a jackass. This activity time will allow us to bring out the asshole he is hiding in him, and utterly reject him.

D.A good player, who is active and likes us. 5 hours per week is less then an hour a day. I could agree with you guys in reducing this time to 4 hours, wich would reduce it substantially, but 5 hours per week in a game a person is active and enjoying is EZ. We are not putting restrictions on them, server time can be viewed in the logs. Sponsors would be someone that plays with the new recruit, and hell, according to late statistics, recruits are normally RECRUITED. perhaps the RECRUITER MIGHT BE A GOOD SPONSOR? thats basically where the sponsor came from, the person who brought the guy in can also be the one to catch on with him. After the 2 weeks, if he showed these requirements, he can come in the clan, and hopefully, he will be known by us and not some stranger who applied.

Last edited by Dray The Fingerless on Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by BgFighter/Ghost Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:27 pm

Actually i've seen people that were active ,extremely ative ,first days and then suddenly disappeared. The only persons i've seen coming back or telling they will be inactive for reasons were Sephiroth and Jermatoo.
BgFighter/Ghost
BgFighter/Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:42 pm

ON another note, ive analised clan situation, and we have quite a plentiful amount of players active. I think we reached a point where just joining isnt eough for us to know a person. Too many people comin and that means, they need extra effort to show themselves to us. Serv was somewhat right when quality was suffering over quantity. This is a quality check, i want a new member to come in, say hi, spend time with me, befriend me.

OH, AND, there can be more then ONE sponsor. any member of the clan can be a sponsor, they can spend time with the recruit, come here, say you responsibilize yourself as a sponsor, making the time you spent with him become official sponsor time, wich adds with other sponsors(given that you werent at the same time with another sponsor online).
This is great to cover all day times, since many euro players are on the day, and many NA players are on at night.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by soran Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:00 pm

i like the idea. alot of cool people left latly that were cool people because we didnt watch the people that made them leave from beginning
soran
soran

+Light/-Dark : 19

Experience Points : 12056

Back to top Go down

Post by BgFighter/Ghost Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:05 pm

Reasons for leaving clan are too much. Not to mention but i've met hundreds of players in JKA and lots of them were outrageous. We had one hardhead Ezio. He left with flaming and shitting and etc.
I've been to other teams too and players were leaving cuz of drama and disrespect.
And the new applicants sometimes are overgiven ,if u understand me. Giving them 2 fckin weeks more. Thats too much. Leadership is in good mood (thats nice) but i think if we give soo much time and applicants are inactive still they must be rejected. And if they REALLY want to join they should reapply.
BgFighter/Ghost
BgFighter/Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by The Zohan Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:46 pm

analised

analyzed

and making it more of a hastle to join wont stop people from suddently comming out of the closet and becoming a douchette.
The Zohan
The Zohan

Back to top Go down

Post by BgFighter/Ghost Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:59 pm

I think thats why we dont have only Champ and Aard on the leadership.
We have a council and a members that report.
BgFighter/Ghost
BgFighter/Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:26 pm

The Zohan wrote:
analised

analyzed

and making it more of a hastle to join wont stop people from suddently comming out of the closet and becoming a douchette.

oh dont worry, i know how to make douchette's come out. and so do many other admins.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by The Zohan Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:33 pm

I think thats why we dont have only Champ and Aard on the leadership.
We have a council and a members that report.

Makes your point invalid.

oh dont worry, i know how to make douchette's come out. and so do many other admins

What if you dont bring their douchyness out but instead turn them into a douchette?
The Zohan
The Zohan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next