Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Complaint Restraint Act - Passed

+5
YinYang
Champion
Dray The Fingerless
Deadly Assassin
Aardvark
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Complaint Restraint Act - Passed Empty Complaint Restraint Act - Passed

Post by Aardvark Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:27 pm

Proposal wrote:To handle complaints in a more efficient manner, the leadership has decided that it will be done from now on with specific guidelines to be followed. These guidelines will ensure petty complaining and bickering is no more.

Firstly, when a complaint is logged, it should be sent via PM to a member of the Leadership(Senate or Council) to be posted in the Senate Rotunda for discussion. If you post a complaint without following this procedure your thread may be deleted without question and infractions given.

Secondly, all complaints must be accompanied by an offered solution to the problem. Any complaint received without a logical, valid solution attached will be disregarded. If this practice continues your account may be dealt with as any other spammer would be dealt with, with a warning and then a ban. If a solution cannot be presented then theres no point in complaining. You may take the time to talk to other Clan members to find a solution if you cannot present a valid one yourself. Note: The solution must be valid, not just one conjured up to comply with these guidelines. Leadership will be the judge of such.

If you cannot find a solution yourself, and your contacts are equally unable to aid you, you may post in the Grand Convocation the problem you see and elicit possible solutions. Anything posted in such a thread must be a potential solution, or part of one. Any posts not matching this criteria will be removed and the poster infracted.

Last edited by Aardvark on Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 27016
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Complaint Restraint Act - Passed Empty Re: Complaint Restraint Act - Passed

Post by Deadly Assassin Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:38 pm

should also include that there must be evidence that the complaint is Valid

IE
screenshots.

other then that i like it as it should result in less forum crap

also we should take this approach to bans as well and remove the posting of ban lifting, all together
and have it done by PM to leadership
Deadly Assassin
Deadly Assassin

+Light/-Dark : -25

Experience Points : 7408

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:38 am

those two are already rules imposed. this one is for pointless complaints and threads that pop up asking leadership to change sth, or the clan. from now on, you post if you can, the problem and solution in a PM. if u cant find a solution alone, you post a thread in the Convocation Chamber asking ppl for help. That thread will be strictly no OT, and i will personally assrape anyone who does. once a solution is found, thread is closed, complainer sends solution and problem to leadership.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26948
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:39 am

We are simply asking that when you point out a negative in your eyes, you also suggest a positive to balance out the issue.
Champion
Champion
Founder

+Light/-Dark : 415

Experience Points : 17190
Comments : Champion (n):

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the righteous.

Back to top Go down

Post by YinYang Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:42 am

idk about the whole you need a solution thing

to me this feels like going to report a bank robbery to the police and the officer asking YOU what to do

but this is just what i think about this rule so far, it would be interesting to see how this actualy goes

but i repeat as of right now it seems a little annoying to have a complaint about something and haveing to come up with the answere just to report it to the clan

YinYang

+Light/-Dark : -6

Experience Points : 6133

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:49 am

Not really. If you guys can't think of a solution, why would the Leadership be able to do so? Most of the Leadership were just normal clan members that got their positions by elections.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by YinYang Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:58 am

well i see what your saying but if you notice something that is a problem why is the burden to come up with a solution about it completely up to the person who noticed the problem?

like you said we are just normal people, also 2 minds are better than 1 and if the person who notices the problem isn't allowed to share unless he has given a solution then the chances of a better solution are dramaticaly reduced

dont get me wrong i like the whole PMing idea, actualy i think that is a great idea. also i have aleady expressed that i have no idea how this may work out and am looking forward to seeing how it will go down, i was just putting my 2 cents in is all

that is my right as a clan member correct? if i am mistaken i will make an apology in this thread about what i have done wrong in shareing my opinion

YinYang

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:05 am

I agree with yin on that one, the leadership wasn't elected for nothing, yes they could suggest what they like done, but it should be the leadership's job to think of a good solution to deal with the issue.
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : -67

Experience Points : 10450

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:08 am

YinYang wrote:well i see what your saying but if you notice something that is a problem why is the burden to come up with a solution about it completely up to the person who noticed the problem?

like you said we are just normal people, also 2 minds are better than 1 and if the person who notices the problem isn't allowed to share unless he has given a solution then the chances of a better solution are dramaticaly reduced

Last Paragraph wrote:If you cannot find a solution yourself, and your contacts are equally unable to aid you, you may post in the Grand Convocation the problem you see and elicit possible solutions. Anything posted in such a thread must be a potential solution, or part of one. Any posts not matching this criteria will be removed and the poster infracted.

And Dist, the Leadership has lives to live as well. Our job isn't to invent new ideas, it's to examine them for validity, and to do the myriad small things that keep the clan running from day to day.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by YinYang Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:11 am

well how about this:

i recommend that there be a place to post topics about problems (kind of like a think tank)

all the topics in this place will be posed by representatives that received PM's about potential issues (this would be to keep it anonymous so that no bias would be posted)

these areas would be simple no OT zones and no flameing of any kind would be prohibited becuase every topic in this place would have a pre made (seriouse) tag

this would just be my rough draft right now, any input would be nice

YinYang

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:12 am

how many complaints do we get in a week? one, two max? Handling them shouldn't take up 100 years of judgement. What is someone who has been admin abused going to say? Ban the admin for a month?
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : -67

Experience Points : 10450

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:16 am

YinYang wrote:well how about this:

i recommend that there be a place to post topics about problems (kind of like a think tank)

all the topics in this place will be posed by representatives that received PM's about potential issues (this would be to keep it anonymous so that no bias would be posted)

these areas would be simple no OT zones and no flameing of any kind would be prohibited becuase every topic in this place would have a pre made (seriouse) tag

this would just be my rough draft right now, any input would be nice

THAT is what the convocation chamber is for now.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by YinYang Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:20 am

the definition of this area is for the communication between the senate and the rest of JvS about what is beeing voted on and rules being passed

this is far to broad of a definition for just 1 specific topic or problem that would be discussed

again i would like it to be a "think tank" about current issues that dont have a plausible solution at that moment, not things that have even been properly addressed by the senate as of that specific moment

YinYang

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:30 am

Disturbed wrote:how many complaints do we get in a week? one, two max? Handling them shouldn't take up 100 years of judgement. What is someone who has been admin abused going to say? Ban the admin for a month?

Some weeks, as many as 12, and thinking up a plausible solution, one we can actually implement takes well over a week to do with multiple Senators working on it, and that's for minor problems. Large problems that really have no answer get brought up WAAAY too often, things we've already stated that we have no idea how to fix. We, as the Leadership, already do a shit load of things to keep day-to-day operations going, is it so much to ask the rest of the clan to THINK now and then?
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by YinYang Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:34 am

[quote]Some weeks, as many as 12, and thinking up a plausible solution, one we can actually implement takes well over a week to do with multiple Senators working on it, and that's for minor problems. Large problems that really have no answer get brought up WAAAY too often, things we've already stated that we have no idea how to fix. We, as the Leadership, already do a shit load of things to keep day-to-day operations going, is it so much to ask the rest of the clan to THINK now and then?.[quote]

this is exactly what im talking about you are all just normal people and so are the rest of the people in JvS so why not try and put the rest of our heads together to try an come up with a solution. it realy isn't fair to have 1 person or group have the responsiblity to come up with all of the solutions, that means that neither the senate or the other members of JvS should be responsible

so why not get the opinions of JvS as a whole?

YinYang

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:36 am

That's what this paragraph is for:
If you cannot find a solution yourself, and your contacts are equally unable to aid you, you may post in the Grand Convocation the problem you see and elicit possible solutions. Anything posted in such a thread must be a potential solution, or part of one. Any posts not matching this criteria will be removed and the poster infracted.

Nothing says you can't ask for help from the Leadership or your clan mates, it's just saying don't make a public complaint if you're not willing to find a solution.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by YinYang Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:48 am

meh i give up on trying to improve anything, i should have known this would happen seeing as anything anyone says gets shot down immediately

YinYang

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:51 am

Yin, if you have a problem and cant find a solution, you ask for it here. once you have it, you PM it to the leadership. it avoids having omg 12000 threads asking us to fix this in a week, spread all over the forums. excluding the techno union for technology stuff, solution seeking stuff comes in here.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by YinYang Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:53 am

i said i was DONE i dont care how JvS does things anymore it can turn into complete garbage for all i care seeing as no ones opinion that isn't in the senate or has some position of power is even looked at with a considerate amout of respect

YinYang

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:00 am

I'm still confused as to how what you proposed is any different from what is already in the proposal.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by YinYang Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:02 am

I SAID I WAS DONE

im still confused why everyone keeps talking to me about this when i said i was DONE

NOW im starting to get irritated so LEAVE ME ALONE go torture small children because your bigger than them or what ever you do for fun

YinYang

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:11 am

Yin, we can't find a compromise if we don't know the issue.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by YinYang Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:16 am

HOLY CRAP ARE YOU KIDDEING ME!!!!

WTF IS WRONG WITH ALL OF YOU?!?!?!?!

I SAID I WAS DONE!!!!

DONE!!!
DONE!!!!
DONE!!!!
DONE!!!
DONE!!!!
DONE!!!
DONE!!
DONE!
DONE!!!
DONE!!!
DONE!!!
DONE!!!
DONE!!!
DONE!!!
DONE!!
DONE!!!
DONE!!!
DONE!!!
DONE!!!
DONE!!
DONE!!
DONE!!
DONE!!
DONE!!
DONE!!
DONE!!!
DONE
DONE!!
DONE!!

DO YOU GET IT NOW!?!?!?
DO YOU!?!?!

I DONT CARE ABOUT THIS ANYMORE I HAVE COMPLETELY GIVEN UP HOPE THAT JVS WILL EVER DO WHAT IT PROMISES TO DO !!!! I GIVE UP!!!!!!1 I GIVE UP!!!!!1 I GIVE UP!!!!!!!

I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THIS TOPIC!!!

I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT WHAT ALL OF YOU DO!!!!

I DONT CARE ABOUT IF JVS IS SOMETHING THAT I CAN RESPECT ANYMORE!!

WHO NEEDS MY RESPECT ANYWAY!??! I HAVE NO POSITION OF POWER AND DONT HAVE A GIGANTIC EGO!!!

YinYang

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:20 am

I'm not going to stop asking until you calm down and explain why you're frustrated.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by YinYang Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:25 am

WELL HAVE FUN TALKING TO YOURSELF ALL MIGHTY AARDVARK BECAUSE THIS IS ONE THING THAT I WILL NOT CALM DOWN ABOUT!!!

I WILL NOT BE TALKED TO LIKE I AM A FOOL OR AS IF SOMEONE IS BETTER THAN ME!!!

I WILL NOT PUT UP WITH THIS CRAP BECAUSE YOU WANT ME TO SHARE WHY I AM MAD!!

AND GUESS WHAT?! EVEN IF I DO SHARE IT WONT GET ANYTHING ACCOMPLISHED!!!! SO WHY DONT YOU TALK ABOUT SOMETHING THAT ACTUALY MATTERS?!?!?

OH AND BTW SINCE WHEN DID YOU START ACTUALY GIVEING A DAMN ABOUT WHAT I OR ANYONE ELSE THOUGHT!?!?

OH THATS RIGHT YOU DONT!!! SO GET OFF MY FUCKING BACK IF YOU DONT CARE!!!!

YinYang

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum