Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vegetarians vs Normal People

+9
Aureus
Disturbed
Dray The Fingerless
BgFighter/Ghost
CaptainSpanish
Tempo
Aardvark
Aragorn
Jazzmoses
13 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Vegetarians vs Normal People Empty Vegetarians vs Normal People

Post by Jazzmoses Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:06 am

Being a vegetarian i'd like to see your views on this topic.
I have been a vegetarian my whole life, and i dont think many of you have even considered going Vegetarian.
One thing that i think is good, is that theres more exotic foods for vego's, i have had hundreds of different curries, pastas, tofu (soy bean cake mmmm) and foreign foods aaannnnd nothing tastes like chicken Twisted Evil
Another thing, my borther is vegan and hes come up with a philosophy "Animals Know" he reckons thnat animals know whether your vegan vegetarian or meat eater, because hes seen dogs that have gone off at other people but are calm to him, and one time i helped him take a dog back home ( Very Happy hooray!)
Jazzmoses
Jazzmoses

+Light/-Dark : 0

Experience Points : 5396

Back to top Go down

Vegetarians vs Normal People Empty Re: Vegetarians vs Normal People

Post by Aragorn Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:09 am

Funny you dont consider yourself "normal". I suppose both has its benefits and disadvantages but thats all opinion based. I question how you know nothing taste likes chicken if you haven't ever ate it since you have been a vegetarian your entire life. Myself personally, I dont want to be a vegetarian, it's a resource for me to consume and it bears very few ill effects if consumed properly.
Aragorn
Aragorn
Grand Master of the Jedi Order

+Light/-Dark : -79

Experience Points : 12076
Comments : Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack. ~ Sun Tzu

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. ~ Sun Tzu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzmoses Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:12 am

lol, i know it doesnt taste like chicken, cos of two things 1. everyone always says the food i eat is pretty bad Razz and 2. a retarded term, "smell is the same as taste" or whatever to me chicken smells pretty bad
Jazzmoses
Jazzmoses

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:23 am

Eating is killing. Anything that's edible is alive in one way or another. To say eating one life form is worse then eating another is semantics.

Oh and I love meat and I've never met an animal I didn't get along with.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 27037
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzmoses Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:27 am

met a bear? sure he'd love you Razz
But did my food have a face? or parents and a family?
Jazzmoses
Jazzmoses

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempo Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:27 am

^agree i do
Tempo
Tempo

+Light/-Dark : -4

Experience Points : 5725

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:42 am

So you're saying that as long as it can't stare you in the eye and make you feel guilty you're fine with eating it? At least meat eaters are honest about their motives.

As for the bear, no I never met one, and the bear doesn't give a shit what you eat, because it doesn't care what it eats either.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSpanish Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:24 am

Humans are supposed to be omnivores, so let them be. Animals eat other animals. But however, I don't think man is supposed to slaughter them like we do. Anyone who has looked at the meat industry knows it's disgusting what they do to animals which can be understandable as to why some become vegetarians.

At the same time, it's a hard adjustment to become fully vegan, your body needs minerals and protein to do many important day to day functions and to code RNA translation. Soy does help though, it's just easier to eat meat.

Now I'm not exactly sure how to solve the meat industry problem, but I would cut back...animals are a finite resource and I'd just recommend a balanced diet
CaptainSpanish
CaptainSpanish
Dark Lord of the Sith

+Light/-Dark : -49

Experience Points : 7252

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzmoses Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:26 am

agreed, but why not hunt them traditionally? we used to make farms and grow crops, then go out and hunt. Seems better than producing methane through cows.
Jazzmoses
Jazzmoses

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:47 am

The reason is because we became an industrial nation. Through the division of labor hunters hunted for everyone and in exchange got houses and other necessity, carpenters made for everyone and in exchange got food to eat. This is the nature of industrialization, the focus of labor on what you are best at, and accomplishing this with the minimum of effort.

Don't like it? Go live in the country and take nothing from society. Build for yourself, farm for yourself, hunt for yourself.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzmoses Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:06 am

and this industrial society is being changed into a lazy world, technology is doing everything for us now. and im sure you've heard of caged animals? You hear all the killing in the news, but hardly ever heard of caged animals, and i admit theres not so many now
Jazzmoses
Jazzmoses

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:15 am

Vegetarians complain about caging animals because it's a living being with rights, and yet they show no hesitation about growing plants just to eat them alive. Both are alive, and we breed both so that we can eat, the only difference is that meat eaters accept this nature, vegetarians want to live behind the lie that they harm no living thing.

Guess what? Plants are alive, we grow them just to eat them, so argument invalid. Just because it doesn't have a face to make you feel guilty doesn't mean it isn't alive.

Don't get me wrong. I have no problem with the idea of not eating meat, it can be more healthy and if that's why you do it, go ahead. But don't act self-righteous because of it.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzmoses Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:47 am

all right then, what about endangered species? ever heard of an endangered plant? yes plants are alive, but they operate on synthesis, they have no actual intelligence. Do you think a cucumber has fear as someone comes down to pick it from the ground, while a pig struggles as the butcher drags it in? You all have your "anti-cruelty" and goodness, when you cant see an evil your commiting? Yes, humans are omnivores, but being omnivore means you eat both vegies and meat, while too many people hate Brussel Sprouts, and then rejoice at having meat loaf or bacon. Why dont you eat meat and only meat for a whole week? then how will you feel?
Jazzmoses
Jazzmoses

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:57 am

Yes many plant species have died out or become endangered because of excessive use just like animals. And like I said, it's hypocritical, just because they cannot express pain does not mean on some level plants do not feel pain in their own way. In the same way you degrade plants you elevate animals, an animal doesn't fear slaughter, a pig doesn't cry because it know it's going to die or experience pain, animals are not intelligent enough to anticipate or draw rational conclusions. The reason the pig squeals is because you have removed it from where it was, nothing more then a toddler having a hissy fit because you took him away from his toys.

If it's cruel to breed an animal for slaughter when it doesn't know it will be slaughtered, then isn't it cruel to grow a plant for the same reason. There's no evil in killing to eat, it's a natural and unavoidable part of life and you should not fool yourself otherwise.

By definition being an omnivore means you eat both flora and fauna. That's the very definition of the word. And yes I can eat meat for an entire week so long as I have supplements to make up the things I'm missing, just as vegens do.

Hypocrisy is why vegens are looked down on, not because of your choice of food but because of your double-standards and self-righteousness.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzmoses Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:13 am

or maybe its the Omnivores thinking themselves as right, and not understanding what they are doing to the habitats of these animals. Pigs have been so alienated that they believe the pen is their home. You either believe they are stupid, or that by humans bringing them out of their natural habitat makes them stupid. Everybody says it, learning comes from experience. Or maybe your not breeding them to eat them, maybe the Americans fear an animal uprising, and have fooled the other continents into thinking they are just "eating" mindless things. Thats why Western Culture is all through the world. But thats beside the point, even if this were true, they are still likely feeding them steroids to promote growth. All of these companies have been accused of using steroid on animals. Theres no "Plant Abuse" you dont care about plants, cos you dont seem to care about how Industialism is also cutting down plant habitat, which is also animal habitat.
Jazzmoses
Jazzmoses

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:21 am

I'm going to ignore the conspiracy theory first half of that because it's a conspiracy theory and you can never argue someone out of those.

Yes we give animals steroids to promote growth, we give plants fertilizer for the same reason. And the reason there's no such thing as "Plant Abuse" is because there would be no one to blame, all would be universally guilty so there's no point.

As for Industrialism, that's another topic for another time.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzmoses Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:33 am

Man, i just knew you'd make a comment on fertilizer, plants need fertilizer, every soil is a fertilizer, but steroids are foreign substances being introduced into an animal.

And now your being contradictory, not 2 posts ago you said this

If it's cruel to breed an animal for slaughter when it doesn't know it will be slaughtered, then isn't it cruel to grow a plant for the same reason. There's no evil in killing to eat, it's a natural and unavoidable part of life and you should not fool yourself otherwise

and now your saying that it doesnt matter that people are eating plants.

BTW, there were 1 and a half lines conspiracy, so get over it
Jazzmoses
Jazzmoses

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:00 am

Actually they don't, they will fertilize naturally in their natural environment, but in order to make them grow faster we add out own.

I guess you've never heard of a hypothetical, the 'If' part was a dead give away, meaning you assume for one you have to assume for the other. This is a very basic debating tool. If you can't understand my arguments then just say so, don't blame me when you're the one that can't keep track.

Or maybe your not breeding them to eat them, maybe the Americans fear an animal uprising, and have fooled the other continents into thinking they are just "eating" mindless things. Thats why Western Culture is all through the world.

^That's conspiracy. The things above those lines are things I already answered in previous posts so I ignored them.

Oh and:
Vegetarians vs Normal People M7f3ty
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by BgFighter/Ghost Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:12 pm

I dont think there is quite big difference between these groups becuz everyone eats whatever food he likes. And this name looks strange for me "Vegetarians vs ""Normal People"" " ,kinda strange cuz vegetarians are normal too and they just dont like meat Smile
BgFighter/Ghost
BgFighter/Ghost

+Light/-Dark : -1022

Experience Points : 9685

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:26 pm

oh wow, animal conspiracy? jazz, animals dont have enough intelligence to rationalize. they are stupid, they are moved by instincts. they have some brain power, tru tru, but NEVER on the level of human beings. i mean, its BEYOND anything an animal can scope. we ARE the top of the food chain.

another thing, killing animals is ok. i agree with span, that we are being too cruel on the killing, with those slaughterhouses, but to be honest, its out of necessity. if you wanna fix that, tell people in 3rd world and all around the world to stop making 10 babies per couple. while we grow, this problem will grow. we NEED to stop procriating.

aard, plants dont feel, in anyway, pain. they are almost celularly primitive. animals do feel pain, they have a nervous system. also, while they dont grasp the intelligence we have, they have some precognitions, and they squeal cause they know they gonna die. and thats fine, cause they are food. i treat animals with all the dignity they deserve, but im not gonna deny what i am. a omnivore. if you want to stop me from eating animals, then you stop every omnivore and carnivore in the world before that. THEN ill stop. until, then let me eat my potatoes with stake roast in oven.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26969
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzmoses Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:43 pm

ok, Dray put into words what i could not, being a 90 year age difference Razz, the fact that plants dont "feel" with the big words i should of thought about.
This wasnt an attempt to convince, it was a debate.
I knew it was conspiracy, its stupid conspiracy, conspiracy made just cos i could, heck i would never believe something like that, its ridiculous.
Some animals have more brainpower and if you do it right, they might be able to understand more things.
Jazzmoses
Jazzmoses

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:45 pm

they are still uncapable of scoping rationalization. wich is what defines a sentient being.

tell you what, if this was about animal cruelty in slaughtering them, well ok i would be more cooperative, but being as it is about what i should eat....no.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26969
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:43 pm

animals have the capability to be real clever, but do so only based on their instincts. This does not make them stupid or anything. However, following up on dray, meat should be allowed or else ban tigers and lions from killing their prey too. Its the natural cycle of life. Idk abt pork or meat industry cuz I don eat pork and don't get my meat from the American meat Industry
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : -67

Experience Points : 10471

Back to top Go down

Post by Aureus Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:00 pm

1) Vegetarians are the ones wasting food 2) It's not normal and vegie people are the less healthy due to frailness and lack of protein Peace
Aureus
Aureus
Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : 34

Experience Points : 16948
Comments : Henry David Thoreau
Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:16 pm

I am dating a vegetarian, and she's not suffering from frailness and lack of protein. She is very healthy and participates in 3 different competitive sports. After 7 years of doing so, she knows how to maintain a healthy diet. Just because she doesn't obtain protein the same way as us carnivores, doesn't mean she is less healthier.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next