Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PS4 or Xbox One?

+3
Aardvark
CaptainSpanish
haize
7 posters

Go down

PS4 or Xbox One?  Empty PS4 or Xbox One?

Post by haize Tue May 28, 2013 1:07 pm

I know most of you are PC gamers but I know some are also console gamers as well. Which next gen console are you guys getting. personally Im not impressed by either console, I will probably stick with the Xbox only because I don't trust Sony and the Xbox will probably be cheaper because Microsoft is a bigger company than Sony and can afford to launch at a cheaper price to attract more people.
haize
haize
Masters Council

+Light/-Dark : 19

Experience Points : 12373

Back to top Go down

PS4 or Xbox One?  Empty Re: PS4 or Xbox One?

Post by CaptainSpanish Tue May 28, 2013 3:06 pm

PS4 will have online streaming which will flood the Let's play community with really really shitty LPs

At the same time, I am disappointed in Xbox games since they lack a lot of exclusive games relying solely on FPS games and shooters while PS3 has pretty good exclusives (also MGS phantom pain is coming out on PS4 and their launchpad of games seems a lot better than Xbox)
CaptainSpanish
CaptainSpanish
Dark Lord of the Sith

+Light/-Dark : -49

Experience Points : 7252

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Tue May 28, 2013 10:28 pm

Xbox One(to be referred henceforce as Xbone): Fee for used games, MUST connect at least once every 24 hours to the internet or it won't work(no one knows the specifics), no SDTV support, Kinnect always-on, no backwards compatibility, mandatory download of the ENTIRE game to play ANY game, 360 controllers with no difference to the Xbone ones incompatible with Xbone. I'm sure there are other drawbacks and no foreseeable advantages.

The PS4 has some shit I don't want either(can't remember all of them just no backwards compatibility and that fucking "share" button), but by comparison seems to be fucking fantastic.

Now I LIKE consoles, if only because installation and running games on PCs can be hectic and downright impossible in some instances, but building a high-end gaming PC seems like the only real option for this generation on games. PCs are already tempting just because of digital distribution and the huge Steam sales you can get, not to mention that if you don't like how the game runs on your system you actually CAN upgrade the system to be better, and then they do THIS to the next console generation.

I don't know, if Sony makes more of it's online features free and keeps away from always online and pre-owned fees then I might get a PS4, but I won't be excited about it.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 27037
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Wed May 29, 2013 2:29 pm

console gaming...

PS4 or Xbox One?  952762 PS4 or Xbox One?  876345
Ptolemy
Ptolemy
Chancellor - Masters Council

+Light/-Dark : 95

Experience Points : 15883
Comments : PS4 or Xbox One?  Bear_wrestling

Back to top Go down

Post by haize Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:13 am

I doubt Sony is going to do much different than MS I would be shocked if they kept their online free and just to point it out the PS3 made you install the entire game before you played it, and so will the PS4 it was already confirmed. It was never confirmed that the XB1 had to be connected to online, or had a used game fee they are just rumors. Personally I dont have interest in playing PC games because PC games are just console ports anyway. I am really not sure what I want I had a PS2 then went to my 360 that I have now and I really like it. Really it comes down to price of the console and who amazes me most with games at E3.
haize
haize
Masters Council

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:35 am

Actually those "rumors" were press releases from Microsoft, there are just multiple releases that conflict so no one knows for sure. And no sorry, not all PC games are console ports, quite a few are the reverse and a lot of games that are ports still work better with a PC setting, kotor and dragon age are good examples of that. And yes the PS4 requires you DL the game, I forgot that f*ck-you point in my comparison, still they both do it and the PS4 still does LESS wrong.

BTW MS just canceled their post conference panel, so many of these questions and rumors will not be answered.

To be clear the ONLY reason I'm still entertaining a console is that I have a feeling Microsoft is going to force Win 8 for many of the upcoming games.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by haize Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:20 pm

Well they just confirmed and denied a lot of things that were pissing people off, personally I don't mind anything they are doing except the fact that I can only lend a game to one friend nothing else really affects me since I'm always online as it is. I think that MS will change some of their policies anyway if they aren't popular. Kinect always watching me doesn't bother me because it has to have an off button and even if it doesn't ill just unplug it when I'm not using my xbox. I know I seem to favor the xbox at this point but like I said if the games for the PS4 are better than the ones for the xbox and the console is cheaper or the same price ill go with the PS4. I just don't think that these systems will be any different at all, besides for kinect with the xbox. I think the things that people don't like about the xbox will be the same or similar to what sony does. I don't trust either of them really.
haize
haize
Masters Council

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:59 am

So PS4 price reveal $100 below Xbone, no used game bullshit, and doesn't have to be always online. Yet to see a decent Xbone exclusive either aside from Halo, but I can live without Halo.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-X Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:40 pm

I can't live without Halo Sad

But I really want to play Destiny. That stage demo looked damn good with drop-in-out multiplayer/sinleplayer.
Red-X
Red-X
Dark Lord of the Sith

+Light/-Dark : -47

Experience Points : 12471
Comments : "You were trusted to lead the Republic but you were decieved, as our powers over the Darkside had blinded you.

You assumed no force could challenge you and now...finally, we have returned." - Darth Malgus

Im active on XFIRE, my username is bojack2424
Im also active on STEAM, my username is solja2424

Back to top Go down

Post by Drist Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:25 pm

I hope Microsoft corrects their mistakes, otherwise RIP Xbox.
Drist
Drist
Sith Approval Committee

+Light/-Dark : 4

Experience Points : 6850

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:57 pm

HA!. consoles....why you so funny?

Haize, pc games are just ports?HAHA. you make me laugh Smile
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26969
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-X Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:32 pm

DRM reversal
Red-X
Red-X
Dark Lord of the Sith

+Light/-Dark : -47

Experience Points : 12471
Comments : "You were trusted to lead the Republic but you were decieved, as our powers over the Darkside had blinded you.

You assumed no force could challenge you and now...finally, we have returned." - Darth Malgus

Im active on XFIRE, my username is bojack2424
Im also active on STEAM, my username is solja2424

Back to top Go down

Post by haize Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:55 pm

yeah dray pc games are just ports from consoles, all the ones I would play anyway. I think im going with the PS4 anyway its cheaper and thats really all that matters to me.
haize
haize
Masters Council

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down