Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rant Thread (Feel free to join with your own rants and responses!)

+12
Shinobi Kenshi
dandaman7
Stamp-dc
cheddar
Aragorn
Ptolemy
Sqrl
Champion
Thing
Dray The Fingerless
Spidey
Nihil
16 posters

Go down

Rant Thread (Feel free to join with your own rants and responses!) Empty Rant Thread (Feel free to join with your own rants and responses!)

Post by Nihil Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:23 pm

Nothing's Rants, I like it.

Lets start with the founders

“Another means of silently lessening the inequality of property is to exempt all from taxation below a certain point, and to tax the higher portions of property in geometric progression as they rise”
~Thomas Jefferson (3rd President of the United States) (source)http://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/founders/documents/v1ch15s32.html

Lets relate this to a post an EXCELLENT post following it, it relates to the epic video game for its time, Evo

I used to play this small, text based game called Evo. Maybe 1,000 players. Players built fleets to capture resources and rounds were played for six months. Usually by about month 3 it was down to the top five alliances, and came down to diplomacy. Any players not in those alliances had no chance at all of winning.
I suggested a solution similar to Jefferson's. Large players would be able to acquire significantly less resources, and it would follow a graduated scale. This would result in an overall evening out of the game. Small players would suddenly be able to climb back up the ladder.

This idea met much resistance from the community. What made it really interesting was that the same kind of arguments emerged against it as the ones that exist in the real world against a graduated tax scale. People talked about how it was "unfair" to "punish the better players" who were more dedicated and whatnot.
But of course, in this game, dedication had little to do with it. The top alliances all had leaders with access to the games inner workings. They had the ability to cheat and detect incoming attacks. They also knew the mathematics of the game in a way that no one on the outside could possibly know. Dedication played a part; only the most careful players were allowed into the top clubs. However, it was just as easy to be a very skilled player and be excluded.

I just found the game as a whole to be a very interesting economic experiment. Even though this of course doesn't really resemble the workings of a large economy, it did give me a miniature snapshot of how an economy might function. I've never played WOW or any kind of other in depth game, but this crappy, 1,000 player game I played for two years, every single night.

However, lets relate this to our CURRENT economic standing.

Taxing rich right now = bad because Republicans block fiscal spending when we are bounding on the zero interest line

We must run a fiscal deficit in order to do what we did in WWII, which was, MASSIVE FISCAL SPENDING! which got us OUT of debt and into better positioning

In other news, there really, I think, might be a cellphone monopoly emerging with the competitors too content with existing prices to find new ways to lower them, we may need to break them up in the future into smaller units.
Nihil
Nihil

+Light/-Dark : -912

Experience Points : 12289
Comments : https://www.facebook.com/mattbcarr

Back to top Go down

Rant Thread (Feel free to join with your own rants and responses!) Empty Re: Rant Thread (Feel free to join with your own rants and responses!)

Post by Spidey Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:16 am

I'm very unhappy with whoever it was that changed the map out from under me last week at GIW... i run the shit... so don't step on my fuckin toes

that is my rant Smile
Spidey
Spidey
Jedi Approval Commitee

+Light/-Dark : 86

Experience Points : 21182
Comments : So many things to tell her,
But how to make her see?
The truth about my past, impossible
She'd turn away from me

Back to top Go down

Rant Thread (Feel free to join with your own rants and responses!) Empty Re: Rant Thread (Feel free to join with your own rants and responses!)

Post by Dray The Fingerless Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:32 am

I hate you all and your stupidity. Grow some brain cells please. That is my rant.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26969
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:04 am

I don't fucking know if you chodes are off-topic or not.

rant numero 3.
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : 143

Experience Points : 17693
Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.
See ya in anothah life, brothah. - Desmond Hume

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:10 am

I dont know what this thread is doing in the rancor pit. This is more for the cantina.
Champion
Champion
Founder

+Light/-Dark : 415

Experience Points : 17211
Comments : Champion (n):

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the righteous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spidey Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:31 am

i agree... but i can't move it Sad
Spidey
Spidey
Jedi Approval Commitee

+Light/-Dark : 86

Experience Points : 21182
Comments : So many things to tell her,
But how to make her see?
The truth about my past, impossible
She'd turn away from me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sqrl Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:51 pm

My rant:

Penis.

That is all
Sqrl
Sqrl

+Light/-Dark : -674

Experience Points : 13378
Comments : Soul Stealer, Breath Taker, Ecstasy Extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:53 pm

I am tired of children trying to argue and debate about things they know nothing about...

/rant
Ptolemy
Ptolemy
Chancellor - Masters Council

+Light/-Dark : 95

Experience Points : 15883
Comments : Rant Thread (Feel free to join with your own rants and responses!) Bear_wrestling

Back to top Go down

Post by Aragorn Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:56 pm

I'm sick and tired of kids who think they know it all. I also hate arrogant people who think they're better than everyone else.

/rant
Aragorn
Aragorn
Grand Master of the Jedi Order

+Light/-Dark : -79

Experience Points : 12076
Comments : Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack. ~ Sun Tzu

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. ~ Sun Tzu

Back to top Go down

Post by cheddar Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:24 pm

I'm tired of hypocrites.
/rant
cheddar
cheddar

+Light/-Dark : 1

Experience Points : 5385

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:14 pm

Tired of humans in general. The wiser I get the more animalistic people seem. I wish there was an injection to give people to make them wise enough to not be stupid enough to hurt other people. Imagine that.

I am really becoming a misanthrope as I age.
Champion
Champion
Founder

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the righteous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:38 pm

YOU TRUST ME DONTCHA?!?!?!
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : 143

Experience Points : 17693
Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.
See ya in anothah life, brothah. - Desmond Hume

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:18 pm

Ptolemy wrote:I am tired of children trying to argue and debate about things they know nothing about...

/rant

>.>

I'm curious then...

When was the last time you took a micro/macro economics course? Or do you believe that the government "controls" the textbooks to make sure that their version of "macro economic" and "economic history" gets in there.

>.>
Nihil
Nihil

+Light/-Dark : -912

Experience Points : 12289
Comments : https://www.facebook.com/mattbcarr

Back to top Go down

Post by Stamp-dc Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:11 am

I Hate Most People in here who think we Don't know what we are talking about....

(ptol)............................

slp ; )
Stamp-dc
Stamp-dc

+Light/-Dark : -3

Experience Points : 6356
Comments : Remember The Days.....They go by so Quick....

Back to top Go down

Post by dandaman7 Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:05 am

Nihil, are you assuming that he was talking about you?
dandaman7
dandaman7

+Light/-Dark : 2

Experience Points : 7079

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:08 am

Hate is such a strong word.
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:38 am

I prefer pity. At least God is pro-pity you know...that way, i cover all possibilities Very Happy
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26969
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinobi Kenshi Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:17 am

Hate may be a strong word.

But I motherfucking hate the motherfucking arrogant people in this motherfucking clan!

People who brag/gloat/show off/acts arrogant/are "better" than everyone else can just get the fuck out and die.

*breaths heavily*

I ALSO HATE MY MOTHERFUCKING CELLPHONE FOR NOT SENDING THIS MOTHERFUCKING TEXT!

It's sunny outside.
Shinobi Kenshi
Shinobi Kenshi

+Light/-Dark : 12

Experience Points : 6841

Back to top Go down

Post by BaStUn Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:51 am

Shinobi Kenshi wrote:Hate may be a strong word.

But I motherfucking hate the motherfucking arrogant people in this motherfucking clan!

People who brag/gloat/show off/acts arrogant/are "better" than everyone else can just get the fuck out and die.

*breaths heavily*

I ALSO HATE MY MOTHERFUCKING CELLPHONE FOR NOT SENDING THIS MOTHERFUCKING TEXT!

It's sunny outside.
Shocked
Shocked
Shocked
Okay...
BaStUn
BaStUn

+Light/-Dark : 1

Experience Points : 7753

Back to top Go down

Post by BgFighter/Ghost Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:24 am

I think Joey gave a nice comment of what i could think of right now.. Very Happy

/amrantitdammit!
BgFighter/Ghost
BgFighter/Ghost

+Light/-Dark : -1022

Experience Points : 9685

Back to top Go down

Post by behalok Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:29 am

I despise people who abuse other's trust and those who acts like total badasses and are lying all over the Internet, but in real life are just a bunch of total losers.
behalok
behalok

+Light/-Dark : -5

Experience Points : 6202

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleksi U Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:40 am

I hate people who think they are better than others as a person, since nobody is perfect to me.
Aleksi U
Aleksi U

+Light/-Dark : 0

Experience Points : 6022
Comments : Behind every mask, lies a man, who can't live in his own skin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down