Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Still Think Govt run health care is better?

+6
Champion
Dr. Patient
Aardvark
Aragorn
Dray The Fingerless
Ptolemy
10 posters

Go down

Still Think Govt run health care is better? Empty Still Think Govt run health care is better?

Post by Ptolemy Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:57 pm

Peakes woman loses her baby, dignity while awaiting hospital treatment

Jonas, 32, sewed up his own leg after ER wait

Proof positive? no but i would rather not be subjected to substandard care such as this.

Last edited by Ptolemy on Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : discuss... again)
Ptolemy
Ptolemy
Chancellor - Masters Council

+Light/-Dark : 95

Experience Points : 15883
Comments : Still Think Govt run health care is better? Bear_wrestling

Back to top Go down

Still Think Govt run health care is better? Empty Re: Still Think Govt run health care is better?

Post by Dray The Fingerless Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:01 pm

This is really a fallacy filled argument. Induction is not a viable argument. I would not mind in a counter argument as much, but to start a debate its pretty weak.

For explanation,
Induction: X is member of Y. if X has Z, then all members of Y have Z.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26969
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Still Think Govt run health care is better? Empty Re: Still Think Govt run health care is better?

Post by Aragorn Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:35 pm

How is it fallacy filled? It showing the results of Government run health care?
Aragorn
Aragorn
Grand Master of the Jedi Order

+Light/-Dark : -79

Experience Points : 12076
Comments : Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack. ~ Sun Tzu

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. ~ Sun Tzu

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:23 am

asking a question with leading evidence is a tried and true tactic in any debate... and you didn't answer the question...
Ptolemy
Ptolemy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:27 am

The problem is that this stuff also happened before Government run Health Care. Alone it doesn't prove anything.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 27037
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Patient Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:31 am

I think Govt Healthcare is the BEST!!!!!!!!!.

sarcasm btw.
Dr. Patient
Dr. Patient

+Light/-Dark : 8

Experience Points : 6629

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:33 am

I think people need to give it some time. In any change of system when dealing with millions of people incidents are bound to happen and should be expected. It will provide a learning process to better the system. If the system is left as is with the problems intact, then you can point the finger at the government. I think you need to give them a chance before you can do that.
Champion
Champion
Founder

+Light/-Dark : 415

Experience Points : 17211
Comments : Champion (n):

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the righteous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:53 am

I agree the argument kinda...is fallacy. Its like Just because there is rape in America then Americans are flawed rapists.

Doesn't work that way, but I am against govt healthcare for other reasons
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : -67

Experience Points : 10471

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:55 am

Oh I'm against it by nature, but this is a debate center and the main point for debate doesn't hold enough water to start one.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 27037
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterBaitinTroll Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:43 am

I think democrats should burn along with Government Health Care shit!

Also people who like gun control They should burn as well!
MasterBaitinTroll
MasterBaitinTroll

+Light/-Dark : 5

Experience Points : 6017

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:09 am

pretty rave girl/Satan wrote:I think democrats should burn along with Government Health Care shit!

Wow, that's fucking ignorant.

I doubt you know anything about the bill anyway. Evil or Very Mad
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : 143

Experience Points : 17693
Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.
See ya in anothah life, brothah. - Desmond Hume

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Patient Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:24 am

thing944 wrote:
pretty rave girl/Satan wrote:I think democrats should burn along with Government Health Care shit!

Wow, that's fucking ignorant.

I doubt you know anything about the bill anyway. Evil or Very Mad

Yo Dawg I heard you like Gun control,

So I put a Gun inside your gun so you can shoot while you shoot.
Dr. Patient
Dr. Patient

+Light/-Dark : 8

Experience Points : 6629

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:53 pm

lol at doctor^

You dawg, I heard you like babies so i put a baby inside of your baby so you can have a baby while having a baby.

lol

anyways

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/25/why-markets-cant-cure-healthcare/

http://dll.umaine.edu/ble/U.S.%20HCweb.pdf

read those and have an epiphany
Nihil
Nihil

+Light/-Dark : -912

Experience Points : 12289
Comments : https://www.facebook.com/mattbcarr

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:59 pm

Krugman is a leftist hack who has no real world experience... a typical academic full of ideas that have no basis in reality...

*ducks
Ptolemy
Ptolemy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:12 pm

Ok then, read the other one if you don't like Krugman.
Nihil
Nihil

+Light/-Dark : -912

Experience Points : 12289
Comments : https://www.facebook.com/mattbcarr

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterBaitinTroll Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:18 pm

I may know very little about the health care bill but i dont want Obama deciding when i get to see the doctor tht is a load of schmidt (sorry if any of u have tht last name) but for one gun control is a bad idea 2 i realize obama wont actualy do it but still I would rather pay for my own health care than have my taxes pay for another thing tht the government makes money they use for bail outs on that is dumb I dont care if it is cheaper!or anything else
MasterBaitinTroll
MasterBaitinTroll

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterBaitinTroll Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:27 pm

Nihil wrote:lol at doctor^

You dawg, I heard you like babies so i put a baby inside of your baby so you can have a baby while having a baby.

lol

anyways

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/25/why-markets-cant-cure-healthcare/

http://dll.umaine.edu/ble/U.S.%20HCweb.pdf

read those and have an epiphany
I read these and I don't like it one they are both leftys two it complains about people with out care! I thought of some people I know who don't have a job and complain about it and the govt gives them money! Today I found a sight that any of them could find by looking up jobs!

http://www.laborready.com/ If you can get a job that easily you can work your way up and find permanent jobs if someplace you work wants to keep you that is how my uncle who is a convicted felon for having a met*h lab pays for insurance so surely they can find employment and stop there belly aching and get some insurance!
MasterBaitinTroll
MasterBaitinTroll

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:06 pm

You can say Meth, y'know...
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterBaitinTroll Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:21 pm

yeah but my stupid thing says it blocks dru* refrence so im not sure how much
MasterBaitinTroll
MasterBaitinTroll

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:36 pm

Well, let's make a list... Twisted Evil
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterBaitinTroll Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:55 pm

No I think not plz!
MasterBaitinTroll
MasterBaitinTroll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down