Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

20th GIW results

+15
Aragorn
Disturbed
Aureus
Bulldog
haize
Champion
Aardvark
Camus
CaptainSpanish
Chaos
Thing
tRibaL
dandaman7
BgFighter/Ghost
Skorp
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

20th GIW results - Page 2 Empty Re: 20th GIW results

Post by Aragorn Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:42 am

haize wrote:ya it was fun we were losing pretty bad and then idk how but we came back and won it GG everyone oh and champ i dear you to re install to help us win next week (:

You won because lucky pulled out the dualie spam but nonetheless, it was a good match.
Aragorn
Aragorn
Grand Master of the Jedi Order

+Light/-Dark : -79

Experience Points : 12069
Comments : Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack. ~ Sun Tzu

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. ~ Sun Tzu

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:52 am

is everything except for poke spam known as spam ? idk wtf it is with u sith....
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : -67

Experience Points : 10464

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:02 am

Then I guess we shouldn't have anyone use anything but Red -_-. Seriously, Duals fanning? Straight up Duals fan has the lowest block rate of any fanning style except Blue, and Diagonal fanning is practically stationary.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 27030
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aragorn Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:14 am

Really Dist? You need a lesson on spamming 101?

Spam is defined as using one move over and over without using anything else. Fan spamming is doing nothing but fanning. Same with poke spam. You can't spam red as red is a style encompassing multiple moves. You can't spam yellow either because it has multiple moves you can do in it.

I am not saying we should force people to use red only. I don't care if you fan spam all the time or if you kata. It's a game, it's your strategy do whatever. All I am saying is why the Jedi won. They were down by a fair amount and when lucky brought out his dualies, he spammed them and got a fair amount of kills.

I have tried to fan with yellow while the dualer was fanning and I was blocked. I did that with red and I was blocked unless I poked the red swing. Dualies have a high block rate, fanning or not.
Aragorn
Aragorn

Comments : Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack. ~ Sun Tzu

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. ~ Sun Tzu

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:33 am

Ah that's because you're not hitting them right. If you know how to hit duals you have a 100% penetration rate, Single Yellow is about a 70% if you know how and your opponent is skilled at it, Staff is about 50% even if you know exactly how to strike.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 27030
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aragorn Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:41 am

Something else to work on then. I am pretty ignorant when it comes to using yellow vs duals as experience has taught me it's never a good idea because I am always over powered and I'm always blocked. There are the rare occasions I break through but I find I am more efficient with red than yellow when it comes to dualies.
Aragorn
Aragorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:41 am

yes they do but they are also weak and have no range. Ur making it sound like everything besides red is spamming...and to make things clear, doing good with dualies is way harder than doing good with red, which has overhead, poke and uber damage moves that u can jump and dodge while doing...it takes a few random hits and voila u win. I have fanned purely with duals before and it was nowhere near easy...staff is perhaps the only thing that I would say counts as spamming and a reason for a victory.

Otherwise suck it and learn to overcome something rather than saying they won because of xxx reason and not superior skill. That's like playing a baseball game and saying you lost because u guys are better but the other team spammed fastballs....learn to deal with them then.

Everytime the jedi win I hear this BS but very rarely when the sith win. It's annoying as hell when the jedi, who were actually very underpowered as opposed to the sith for this match (pingwise and rankwise) manage to come up with a victory. It takes fighting spirit more than anything else.

There's a reason I use red myself, because taking duals has much mroe effort than doing red...with duals or blue style I'd hardly get a kill but with red can stand back and spam a few attacks and if a few hit, yay I get a kill...just because u use single does not mean that those who do not lack skill.
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Aragorn Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:54 am

Disturbed wrote:yes they do but they are also weak and have no range. Ur making it sound like everything besides red is spamming...and to make things clear, doing good with dualies is way harder than doing good with red, which has overhead, poke and uber damage moves that u can jump and dodge while doing...it takes a few random hits and voila u win. I have fanned purely with duals before and it was nowhere near easy...staff is perhaps the only thing that I would say counts as spamming and a reason for a victory.

Otherwise suck it and learn to overcome something rather than saying they won because of xxx reason and not superior skill. That's like playing a baseball game and saying you lost because u guys are better but the other team spammed fastballs....learn to deal with them then.

Everytime the jedi win I hear this BS but very rarely when the sith win. It's annoying as hell when the jedi, who were actually very underpowered as opposed to the sith for this match (pingwise and rankwise) manage to come up with a victory. It takes fighting spirit more than anything else.

There's a reason I use red myself, because taking duals has much mroe effort than doing red...with duals or blue style I'd hardly get a kill but with red can stand back and spam a few attacks and if a few hit, yay I get a kill...just because u use single does not mean that those who do not lack skill.

I am not saying that everything besides red is spamming. I never said that in any way. All I did was explain what spamming is. I also disagree with dualies being harder than red. You can do uber damage with dualies with a diagonal fan. Two hits have taken most of my hp in a duel against Baz. its rare to see a 173 hit from red unless poked or you get hit by a clean overhead attack.

Everytime the Jedi win, smack talk is always going to arise and same with the Sith. When I see spamming going in the match and the match being won because of that spammage, I am gonna call it how I see it. Not doing so would be incorrect as calling a black bear that you can clearly see a duck is wrong. I totally agree with the fighting spirit thing. It takes a fighting spirit to go against all the high ranked people because it can be intimidating but that doesn't mean you resort to spaming.

I also agree with your last statement. Just because someone can't kill anyone with red doesn't mean they lack skills. Agreed but spamming requires little skill to do. I am not saying there aren't talented Dual users out there. Lucky can do more than fan spam because I have dueled him actually using Duals. I have dueled Hero when he is actually using staff instead of spamming it. Now while both of those can use red rather effectively, they still have skills. I am not saying red=skills everything else sucks. Not what I'm saying. I'm saying spamming=little to no skill.
Aragorn
Aragorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Perfect_killer Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:30 am

Yep, kind of bad game D= ok, now i gonna train a lot and after month or two (when i finally become SM), ill try it again, if u, guys, will let me do it.
Perfect_killer
Perfect_killer

+Light/-Dark : -4

Experience Points : 5662

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:53 am

yes and a diagonal fan is easier to land than an overhead is it? or a poke. I get poked 100+ from hits that look like they shouldn't be able to hit a troll standing in front of them a lot as well.

Saying that spamming takes no skill is correct, but if so then u guys should have won, easily. I'm pretty sure lucky did not bust out duals and rush into u guys spamming the same move and u guys just dropping down like dead flies. I don't believe it takes any more skill to land 3 different moves than to land a single move effectively. Red actually has less variety than u claim, many of the strikes are absolutely useless and nearly all of them need some sort of glitch to amplify damage to be of any effect. A blue diagonal fan is not amplifying anything and is also not very easy to time and implement correctly against players who are jumping, poking and dodging all over the place.

If one meets success with a certain move....then there's no reason not to repeat it. If fastballs are wrecking the opposition, the pitcher has no good reason to stop even if it is hard or easy for him. Unless u bribe him ofc.

The thing I don't like is u guys make it sound like spamming as something that a 2 year old could do or put his computer on auto fan / spam and win against you. Just like red there are intricacies of dodges and timing and believe it or not, timing a fast attack in jkja can be harded because you have to be more dynamic and don't have the luxury of the attack lasting for ever and doing damage for the entire duration as is the case with poke and many other moves.

Though it is nice to see that at least you are not denouncing all other styles from skill.

Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by SouLCasT Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:31 am

Sith rage alot when they loose.

Sooo, few weeks ago, staff was the problem, now you passed on to duals?

Next up: Melee.
SouLCasT
SouLCasT

+Light/-Dark : 7

Experience Points : 6887

Back to top Go down

Post by HarisPilton Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:26 pm

Just tell me the name of the person who banned me.
HarisPilton
HarisPilton

+Light/-Dark : -8

Experience Points : 5539

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:53 pm

That would be Span

and the would be because of your actions
Ptolemy
Ptolemy
Chancellor - Masters Council

+Light/-Dark : 95

Experience Points : 15876
Comments : 20th GIW results - Page 2 Bear_wrestling

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSpanish Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:35 pm

Soulcast, please be quiet and not flame baiting. I saw you raged last week during the last GIW over ping. So if you please.

And Haris you deserved to be banned. You didn't put on tags and aren't even supposed to be on the clan war server during GIW. Also, with your general attitude you deserve to be kicked out of the clan.
People can attest to what happened

Good Game, Will try harder to win next one

Locking topic
CaptainSpanish
CaptainSpanish
Dark Lord of the Sith

+Light/-Dark : -49

Experience Points : 7245

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:14 pm

20th GIW results - Page 2 2806198940080315213GrxtkR_fs
Champion
Champion
Founder

+Light/-Dark : 415

Experience Points : 17204
Comments : Champion (n):

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the righteous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2