Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ToP Consulting Thread

+6
Disturbed
Thing
Aardvark
Shinobi Kenshi
Dray The Fingerless
tRibaL
10 posters

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

ToP Consulting Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: ToP Consulting Thread

Post by Ptolemy Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:17 am

I have winnowed the elves down to just Deathr,

I am not sure what to do with the shape shifters.
Ptolemy
Ptolemy
Chancellor - Masters Council

+Light/-Dark : 95

Experience Points : 15877
Comments : ToP Consulting Thread - Page 12 Bear_wrestling

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:31 am

i might be able to get somewhere with the shapeshifters tonight, if you want, a near extienction of the elves could be interesting, a race nobody knows about almost dying, and then people mistaking survivors as such)
tRibaL
tRibaL

+Light/-Dark : -2

Experience Points : 9135

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:06 am

I posted something, sorry for not replying. I haven't done anything with the whole back at Lenus scene because I can't track that many perspectives in my head and I assemble much of what I write in my head beforehand. So if you want to do something with that then feel free, just don't take them fully to war until after the confrontation with the High Priest. The Elves I don't have any plans for except Deathr who I'd like to end up engaging the group at some point down the line.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 27031
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:00 pm

Well no i meant that i narrowed the group of elves down to just Deathr.

Still stuck on the shape shifters. I will post what i have with Deathr. I want to edit a bit and i have finals this week...
Ptolemy
Ptolemy

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:12 am

Nice post kami!
BUILD ENDED TODAY, so i have no more excuses not to write <3
i will get something going in the next few days in my free time(Which i now have)
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:08 am

posted
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:43 am

Xzav I hate to be this way, but I honestly have NO idea what I just read, it is completely disjointed and I have no idea what you're talking about. The few things I did get were errors. The Scarlet Temple is not in the Triceta, and it's not near water. If we ever get to sky ships they aren't going to be for normal people and the Scarlet Temple is something for the masses. And you really need to describe the areas you're in and the leaps in where you're talking about. You can take longer to post, but when you post I need to be able to at least know where your characters are and what they're talking about. Oh and spell check is your friend, "there" refers to a place while "their" refers to people, & when you have a group or people you need to name them so the reader can keep track of who's said what.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:37 pm

completely take nt he correct way. my brain has been fried and i shoulda pm'd that to one of you guys first. I wasnt thinking correctly lol.

Its suposed to be the shapeshifters stealing there way onto one of the royal transports to the priests and shapeshifting replacing the guards.

The needles were a poisen that incapicatates and doesnt kill, just leaves a entry/exit wound thats rather minor.

And yeah, i diddnt get a real chance to collaberate with you guys on this one. and i diddnt add enough on what there goal was anyway. ill clear it up ALOT in the next few days.

lol and i wrote that in the break of doing a physics lab Razz
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:50 pm

If it was not up to par you should not have posted it...

you may want to redo the piece. be a little more coherent.
Ptolemy
Ptolemy

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:42 am

yeah i definately will
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:25 am

Good segment Pto, I like how both sides are playing out.

I'm thinking of adding some more advanced magic to the mix. Current we've only made mention of Lightning, Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, Light, Dark, Energy, Strength, invisibility, drain, shield, Sand, summoning and shapeshifting. But since the characters are in Concord I'm thinking we should introduce both more advanced magic for what we've seen of elemental magic and adding some very difficult and complex magics.

So what I'm thinking of evolving things into(and some of these we have seen glimpses of) are:
1. Fire into Plasma(Lloyd's Dragoon magic that shattered his sword). Plasma would be much more powerful as a base but also take more mana to use. On the flip side it would allow users materialize a physical form to take direct attacks.
2. Water into Vapor(seen in Damean). Vapor would be much faster then water, able to moved at double the speed and could be used to both burn enemies and cloud their vision.
3. Earth into Sand(seen in Kelgori). Sand would be much easier to draw on in a pinch and could be used to invade an enemies lungs to prevent breathing as well as sapping the moisture from an enemy over the course of battle causing them to gradually weaken.
4. Wind into Vortex. Vortex would be the simplest allowing a wind user to summon tornadoes and even hurricanes given enough time as well as create vacuums.
5. Lightning into Surge. Whereas the others focus on increasing the casting power Surge would focus on the user, allowing them to increase their speed and strength by infusing their bodies with lightning.

Some I'd like to introduce at some point are:
1.. Dragon Magic. Something I haven't introduced yet and don't plan to for a bit Dragon Magic would be a poor imitation of Dragoon magic, but still give the user the ability to fly, breath fire, up their natural defense as well as command a dragon(maybe a bit of a spoiler in that).
2. Slayer magic. This would be simple in theory but still difficult magic. Slayer would allow it's user to absorb magic in a fight and use it against an opponent, and should he beat his opponent he would absorb the fallen's abilities.
3. Demon magic(not named but seen). Demon magic would be granted by a contradict with a demon or Dego. Some of the magic can only be used this way as they are not part of the normal world, things like death and summoning magic are included in this, though more ordinary magics may also be granted as well. The biggest pro for this is that the powers are bestowed and do not need to be trained in, the biggest con is that the demon may pull out of this contract at any time and can demand any price to bestow or continue linking with the person.
4. Graviton. Simple put, magic capable of manipulating gravity in a confined space, increasing it or decreasing it as needed. A little lackluster in the flashy category it is still nonetheless an absolute magic that cannot be negated, at the same time it takes over a decade to be able to manipulate in even the most basic capacity, and experts in it often top 100 years in age. This magic will be the magic of Concord's King.
5. Nature magic. This is weather control magic, another very powerful magic that takes very long to learn and longer to master, but with it the user can affect and control wind, lightning, earth, and water both natural and that induced by magic. But it's not absolute in it's nature and only what is naturally possible can be brought forth in nature.

And to explain a few:
1. Light magic deals mostly with healing and illusions, on it's own it has very little offensive power, though a master at it's use could bring it in line with enough intensity to generate a laser.
2. Dark magic deals with concealment and mind manipulation, though it is very dangerous it's offensive power is also low except when used by a master able to concentrate it. Concentrated dark magic can draw away life force in a a minute or less and all darkness magic gradually pulls life force away.
3. Energy magic deals with the manipulation of any energy, though it can only be created with immense concentration and power. Instead energy magic is able to take control of energy such as lightning and fire, increase their power and use them as a weapon. The true strength of this magic comes in against very powerful opponents as the power can also control plasma, concentrated light and darkness, and even a number of demon magics.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:03 am

nice post PT, aard kill my post please, i have it in a text document and it doesnt matter where its inserted into the story
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:11 am

ill comment on these tomorrow, the only thing ill say right now, is the slayer sounds like it should be more of a race and less of a ability. (all though people can always mimic racial abilities.)
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:07 am

Have we done anything with the Giants yet? I'm thinking or starting one of the plot threads soon, and I just want to make sure I don't contradict any names or characters given for them.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:20 pm

I do not think anything but painting them as mentally slow. They have mages...
Ptolemy
Ptolemy

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:20 pm

yeah, we have said almost nothing about them.
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:33 pm

Think I'm gonna do something with them, incite the people so that there's a reason for the war.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:09 am

OK so I gave them cities and culture and a reason to go to war as well as made it so they'll be setup for when we want to plunge Pangea into war. If you guys want to use them feel free, I've only setup names for everyone and only established the character of the King and Wind-blown-Sand. Quick name guide, the name pattern is (Noun)-(preposition)-(Noun) and they're named after an event during their birth or the first thing they see in the room.

Bio:
Front Page.

Last edited by Aardvark on Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:43 pm

I am wondering what will happen between the dark mage and the elf when they meet...
Ptolemy
Ptolemy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:53 pm

Does that mean you want the next section with the group?
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:22 pm

I am just curious as to what we all think. The elf will use a transport spell to get to Concord this will leave him weak and a bit vulnerable. it will take a minute for him to recover enough to function normally. he would appear drunk.

Also i need to know where we are going. or what should happen next. I know that there is a fight coming between the brigade and the party and a group from the red temple and the party.

I am not sure what or who to do first.
Ptolemy
Ptolemy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:33 am

The first attack would be random, the Brigade hasn't met the High Priest yet, I plan on introducing them and after the first attempt fails then the Brigade will be sent in. The first attack should result in the death of Clide, a retreat and regroup where Laro will have a further mental breakdown and attach to Darius a break and then a final confrontation where Darius and Zara will die and Laro will be left barely alive. At this point I plan to introduce the second instance of Demon Magic and turn Laro into a very powerful badguy but I'll get more into THAT later.

The first group to attack I would like to display the Mage species affinity for magic so we can have some fun with that, I'm just not sure if we should bring Jun and Lloyd into this as they're both in a location no other group knows about, at which point we can show off the others, maybe even inspire Damean to focus more on his magic with a close call, but ultimately I'll leave the roster for the fight up to you if you want the next section.

As for the Elf, my first instinct from his character is that he'd feel obligated to take down Kelgori as a Dark Mage, and it also leads me to believe he'd be very pompous and overconfident. The transport magic is tricky as we've already shown some, I don't know if you intend to introduce a new one or use the magic we've already shown. If we're talking about the one we've seen then it would take a boat load out of him to use it. If we're talking about a new one there should be some restrictions, such as it only works to a predetermined point(kinda like the Fable transport magic).
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:45 am

Couldn't get you while you were on Pto so here's the answers:

are you writing anything for ToP?

Yeah, I'm going to leave the fight to you, I'll just be posting a training session but it can happen before, during, or after the fight.

you said that the high priest and Kelgori know each other? and only one of them realize it?

They know each other. Kelgori thinks the Priest doesn't recognize him, but the priest does.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:17 pm

sweet!!!

thats great i can contenue now.
Ptolemy
Ptolemy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:20 pm

Also the grey stone that in the pedistal in the red temple. I think i will have it fuze to Frick and change him fundamentally, He will turn a bit darker giving him a certain level of control over the 'dark magic' you spoke of earlier. even affecting his complexion and hair color. Of course Frick and Frack will think it is cool. was thinking more of concealment and 'blinding people (making it dark), sucking all the light from a specific area like you would suck air from a container. The darker skills (sucking the life out of someone, controlling toughts) would be more advanced and he may stumble on later but not likely to use.
Ptolemy
Ptolemy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next