Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So i heard a certain something happened

+3
Nihil
Thing
Dray The Fingerless
7 posters

Go down

So i heard a certain something happened Empty So i heard a certain something happened

Post by Dray The Fingerless Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:37 pm

So i heard a certain something got approved by certain people for a certain country. Today.

Talkin about ur healthcare bill.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26948
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

So i heard a certain something happened Empty Re: So i heard a certain something happened

Post by Thing Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:56 pm

woot?
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : 143

Experience Points : 17672
Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.
See ya in anothah life, brothah. - Desmond Hume

Back to top Go down

So i heard a certain something happened Empty Re: So i heard a certain something happened

Post by Nihil Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:05 am

TODAY!!

CRAP!

THE FUCK!

THIS BILL SUCKS JUST LOOK AT IT!

the idea to begin with was strong, a middle ground to, what i believe is the best, a complete single payer healthcare system,

but now, we have hardly done anything, it angers me that there is so much, as it would seem, corruption in both parties, some democrats have tried to EXEMPT their states from paying some of the federal taxes by this bill, successfully, while the Republicans have FREAKING PUT THIS BILL ON HOLD, forgoing a vote TO FUND THE MILITARY.

i mean, at the point its at, the republicans can't do anything, literally, but they are still stalling, with made us have to forgo the funding proposal.

i hate party politics, if only there was another way, even George Washington opposed parties and supported strong government, but this, this here is getting ridiculous, about party politics.

btw, this bill, to my knowledge, has no provisions to even cover the uninsured!

i mean, and honestly, america cant claim to be the land of opportunity if we cannot find a way to cover all people. the fact that the insurance companies comprise of about 23 percent, going off memory, but it is a high number, of corporate profits is horrible! A drag on the economy! capitalism revolves around the production of goods and more palpable services than insurance!

this seems, to me, a moral issue all the same as a financial one.
Nihil
Nihil

+Light/-Dark : -912

Experience Points : 12268
Comments : https://www.facebook.com/mattbcarr

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:48 pm

i thought you LOOOOOVED the healthcare bill....
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26948
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulldog Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:33 am

Eh... Let's see if this shit actually works and does all that it was hyped up to be...
Bulldog
Bulldog
Senator - Jedi Approval Committee

+Light/-Dark : 16

Experience Points : 7121

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:43 am

I LOOVED the idea, not the crap that they had to get to put moderate democrats on board.
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:52 am

America is the land of opportunity. Opportunity to succeed also means the opportunity to fail. Just clarifiying.

As for the party system. Agreed. We need a multi-party or no party system rather then this POS two-party system.

Two-party: There are many parties but only two hold a significant sway on politics.

Multi-party: There are many parties all with roughly the same political power.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 27016
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:58 am

well, i agree with aard, but, i mean, i can't at the same time no matter how much i want it.

the multi parties of France, Britain, and the Weimar republic after WWI show how ineffective many parties can be...

i just want an end to influences other than voters and a basic, socially liberal, or conservative, and a fiscally liberal, or conservative.

I don't know, but i hope that we can have a system of no parties where people vote on a candidates unique platform, not a party platform, no matter how simplified it may make it

i want it one moment and don't the next XD
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Ðaaaaa Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:59 am

I think a no party system like George Washington urged the nation to have would be good...but I dont really know since I dont care too much about politics Surprised Sleep
Ðaaaaa
Ðaaaaa

+Light/-Dark : 15

Experience Points : 6157

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:34 am

There are cons to each, but I believe Multi-party is the least flawed of all.

Two-party: Encourages corruption on both sides, ultimately corrupting goverment itself.

Multi-party: Less coordination so less concentrated effort can be made resulting in fewer laws passed.

No party: No political opinions or groups to focus attention to vital matters. Results in either a corrupt government or one with very few laws passed.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 27016
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:24 am

*wipes his ass with his sept. hospital bill*

There is my healthcare package.
Champion
Champion
Founder

+Light/-Dark : 415

Experience Points : 17190
Comments : Champion (n):

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the righteous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down