Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil vs Other Zombie Games

+5
rsG
Nomad
Deadly Assassin
Dray The Fingerless
Dawn_Twilight
9 posters

Go down

Resident Evil vs Other Zombie Games Empty Resident Evil vs Other Zombie Games

Post by Dawn_Twilight Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:30 am

State your case...

Personally I am a fan of Resident Evil
While it doesn't have the Zombie Slaughtering fun of like..Left for Dead or CoD5: Nazi Zombie Mode

It is a big part of the "Zombie Genre"

You know? Horror-Mystery, features a more Realistic Zombie Breakout? Chaos? Low Ammo...odds of survival low

etc...

Resident Evil also focuses more on (well before RE4) scaring the shit outta you

I'm not saying other games like Left for Dead wouldn't scare the shit outta you, I mean Resident Evil was mainly for good gaming and to make you wet your pants..
Dawn_Twilight
Dawn_Twilight

+Light/-Dark : -8

Experience Points : 6211

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil vs Other Zombie Games Empty Re: Resident Evil vs Other Zombie Games

Post by Dray The Fingerless Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:53 pm

resident evil DOES NOT represent a more realistic zombie approach. it has lost its horror fear carachteristic, in place for action and gore. its dead to me. left 4 dead(may god give valve a place in heaven) is the best.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26963
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil vs Other Zombie Games Empty Re: Resident Evil vs Other Zombie Games

Post by Deadly Assassin Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:32 pm

like i said in that other topic

resident evil is old school thus while it has a place in my heart
its no longer the best/only choice for zombie games

l4d/2 has taking over that market and is doing very well

RE5 couldnt even hold light to the l4d series so im sorry but my guess is you might see RE6 but that will probably be the end of it.. imagine you will more l4d games though
Deadly Assassin
Deadly Assassin

+Light/-Dark : -25

Experience Points : 7423

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:17 pm

well COD5 nazi zombie mod was fun - but when you get stronger gun-(and your not a noob) you ll get bored really easily....so i would say Left 4 Dead is waay better.

I cant say anything about RE 'cause ï've never played it.....
Nomad
Nomad
Senator - Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : -37

Experience Points : 12666

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:16 am

RE always seemed corny to me... not too scary.

Back to top Go down

Post by rsG Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:26 am

Dray The Fingerless wrote:resident evil DOES NOT represent a more realistic zombie approach. it has lost its horror fear carachteristic, in place for action and gore. its dead to me. left 4 dead(may god give valve a place in heaven) is the best.
end of discussion. l4d/2 > any other zombie game ever.
rsG
rsG

+Light/-Dark : -1

Experience Points : 6024

Back to top Go down

Post by Daft Punk Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:01 pm

Not really Left for dead is only good for its multiplayer ability
it is crap alone and all other zombie games are meant that way for the "fear factor"
I personally am old school I love originals like Resident Evil 1,2,3 and the original alone in the dark (which people say is copying Silent Hill (which sucks) but actually came out first)
Daft Punk
Daft Punk

+Light/-Dark : 3

Experience Points : 5784

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:57 pm

Daft Punk wrote:Not really Left for dead is only good for its multiplayer ability
it is crap alone and all other zombie games are meant that way for the "fear factor"
I personally am old school I love originals like Resident Evil 1,2,3 and the original alone in the dark (which people say is copying Silent Hill (which sucks) but actually came out first)

you speak that left 4 dead is just multi, but you deny that silent hill is one of the best stories in games ever written. your saying silent hill sucks(when its story is what makes the game) but then you say left 4 dead sucks cause its only multi. i can literally say that i have never played l4d multi, the most i did was with friends. and it rocked my world. what do you want? also, putting resident evil above silent hill is....laughable for me. res 1 2 3 are good games, but they fail to captivate me as much as sh and l4d. silent hill 2 IS one of the best games ever made.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Daft Punk Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:16 pm

no im saying alone l4d sucks only with friends makes it good

yeah silent hill had a decent storyline but resi is its mother and that child needs to get in line Razz
Daft Punk
Daft Punk

+Light/-Dark : 3

Experience Points : 5784

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:44 pm

Daft Punk wrote:no im saying alone l4d sucks only with friends makes it good

yeah silent hill had a decent storyline but resi is its mother and that child needs to get in line Razz

i disagree. i said ive played l4d without multi, the most i did was play it with friends, but even singleplayer, it rocked my world. its a good fun game. and it captivates you into the zombie apocalypse. silent hill 2 had the immersion and gameplay exactly perfect for horror genre. i never liked the action involved in resident evil. it was a bit too...action. but it was still good horror. in silent hill, you ARE afraid of running out of ammo, or of running into more enemies. cause u know your nto the best fighter. some ppl complain that sh combat was sucky and too hard, but thats even better. your a normal guy, not a fucking commando, of course you suck at killing monsters. that makes up for immersion, and if a game has a good immersion, i love it. cause it puts me there.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by muigi Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:04 pm

I dont really think RE was meant to be scary, its more of like doom, or painkiller where your meant to just murdering hordes of crazy monsters. Silent hill is like RE but unlike RE it actually makes you go WHAT THE MOTHERF at times.

btw, dray l4d's singleplayer *as in only bots* gets old real quick o.o even with downloaded maps its really an online game like CS

Now if you want real horror i'd suggest the first Condemned, immersion is this games specialty.
muigi
muigi

+Light/-Dark : -3

Experience Points : 5638

Back to top Go down

Post by Layfon Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:29 am

im not gonna lie, l4d seemed like it was trying to do was RE4 did but better, in the way that RE4 was a parasitic game just like RE5 was. l4d, which it seems liek u all think is a god amoung zombie games, is meh too me. its fun to play because i enjoy shooting defencless creatures to reach my objective, but as a game over all, it really wasnt that great.

l4d2 really was basically wat they should of done in the first one with the story line too it, however once again, that alone really doesn't make the game that much better. the original RE games, not 4 or 5, arn't for going around and shooting up as many zombies as u can. i remember playing the first RE and remembering that i needed to save my ammo and try to run and escape the zombies than shoot them.

silent hill i didn't get too play too much of but all i can say is when pyramid head is coming towards u, ur only reaction is aw f this im out of here. silent hill did a great job, the first RE's did a great job. zombie games now and zombie games back then can no longer compare to eachother since everyone wants to kill the zombies now and not try to survive with a more realist senario.

so u cant really compare all of RE to all the new games, maybe comparing RE 4 and 5 to new ones, but those r really all the same in my mind. lots of guns, lots of zombies, lots of shooting, no real hidding and sneaking and trying ur hardest to survive. tbh metal gear solid makes a better zombie game in the sense that ur trying to sneak past the enemies, not kill them and complete ur objective.

and muigi, for once, i agree with u, the condemned games do a great job. i was watching someone play the second one and that was some pretty scary shit.

as a survival horror game, l4d 1 and 2 and RE 4 and 5 fail because there more like first person and 3rd person shooters for the most part. they lack the most important asspect of a survival horror game which is the charater(s) desperation to survive the situation they're in. basically, the scarrness and the stealth aspects.

its true that zombies can smell ur flesh as they have been described, but their sense should be limited to that of a normal human being, unless an animal, and u should be able to sneak by them as long as they dont c u or hear u. thats y, as survival horror games, i think these 4 games don't do the job well.

and on an added note, dead space does a very good job in the survival horror aspect even with all the weapons they have in it. which surprised me greatly. but that is how zombie type games should be done in my opinion, more horror and survival first, then if u want the killing aspect u can add it in after u get the main factors down.
Layfon
Layfon
Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : -21

Experience Points : 6982

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:39 pm

ah well, l4d wasnt going for the survival genre lay. it was going for the action zombie apocalypse, wich, if you see, IS ALWAYS PEOPLE SHOOTING THEIR WAY TO SAFETY. i mean, it literally parodies all the zombie movies that ever came out. in terms of survival horror, not action horror, a game is good when its scaring the shit out of me, not frighten, scare, like making you go to bed, and make you thinking, while in bed, falling asleep, what would you do if a ghost came in right now. when a game does that to me, its a good game. silent hill was the best for that. i havent played condemned, but i hear it was the shit too.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Layfon Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:18 pm

yea, thats y i said u cant really compare l4d to the first few RE games because there totally different types of game styles. now say if this was comparing RE 4 and 5 to the other zombie games, note that i don't think of silent hill as much of a zombie game, mroe survival horror, id say that my favorites out of the 4 games, would be the 2 RE games and then l4d 1 and 2 would be next on my list only due to the lack of story line mainly.

dead space, however, would top all of them except maybe condemned and silent hill. if u want a fun apocalypse/great story/shoot em up/suvival horror game, u should try playing this game. infact dray, i think ud like this one a lot.

but in the event of the topic, the catagory of RE needs to be narrowed down a bit before u can really have a discussion on this.
Layfon
Layfon
Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : -21

Experience Points : 6982

Back to top Go down

Post by Aureus Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:50 am

RE5 Was one of the absolute worst games i've ever played, slow, boring and jus bad. The melee was more retarded than the let's have a jerkle circle before we aim. Z- for RE5 A+ For Left For Dead1/2 For intense zombie action that takes time to complete and is fun and re playable to the max.
Aureus
Aureus
Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : 34

Experience Points : 16942
Comments : Henry David Thoreau
Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawn_Twilight Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:20 am

MasterFrostBiite wrote:RE5 Was one of the absolute worst games i've ever played, slow, boring and jus bad. The melee was more retarded than the let's have a jerkle circle before we aim. Z- for RE5 A+ For Left For Dead1/2 For intense zombie action that takes time to complete and is fun and re playable to the max.

They just tried too hard on RE5 trying to make it uber...

RE4 was great, RE1-3 were great

RE5 = Fucked it up, and they also got sued because the first version only had "African American Enemies"

...Stupid black people -.-

#1. THEY'RE FING JAPANESE, THEY DIDN'T ENSLAVE YOU MOTHER #@$%^*S
#2. It's a fricken video game...
#3. The last ones had all spanish enemies..give or take Krauser...
Dawn_Twilight
Dawn_Twilight

+Light/-Dark : -8

Experience Points : 6211

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down