Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, a question

+2
Dray The Fingerless
Aardvark
6 posters

Go down

So, a question Empty So, a question

Post by Aardvark Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:27 am

OK I have a genuine honest question with no ulterior motive and no intent to insight an argument.... but given what I've seen of this topic in other places I've placed it in here as a precaution. Now that the disclaimer is out of the way here's the question: Why do people say Nickelback sucks?

I've noticed over a span of years and a variety of people that the general consensus is that the band sucks, but I have no idea why. Is it just personal taste? Did they rip someone off? Are they awful people? I don't know, I've listened to quite a few of their songs, some I like, some I hate, some I'm indifferent about, but they seem to have a variety of styles, a wide range of lyrics, and at least tolerable voices. I would just chuck it up to taste, but the hate seems to widespread, so if anyone's got a real reason beyond taste I'd like to know.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 27015
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

So, a question Empty Re: So, a question

Post by Dray The Fingerless Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:47 am

Repetitive band. Chads voice is amazing, and he really has potential, but the rest of the band is a waste. they have the same riffs and melody in most songs. THEY DO have some nice songs, but it is the case of, theyve been releasing the same album for the last decade, and they write the same theme in almost every song. Basically, they have one shtick, and its getting tiresome.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26947
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sqrl Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:43 am

^ pretty much it's the same with disturbed. Only disturbed found a way to keep it's fans following them. Don't get me wrong i like Nickelback but imo they can do more than just one theme all the time
Sqrl
Sqrl

+Light/-Dark : -674

Experience Points : 13356
Comments : Soul Stealer, Breath Taker, Ecstasy Extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:37 pm

A lot of bands that last long end up like this, but the shtick with Nickelback is that its theme is one of the most drivelling annoying and conceited themes ever. Love is painful, uuuu, life is hard because love is painful. :/

Go starve a bit Chad, youll write better material.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:08 pm

I always thought it was because they crossed over from Contemporary Christian music...
Ptolemy
Ptolemy
Chancellor - Masters Council

+Light/-Dark : 95

Experience Points : 15861
Comments : So, a question Bear_wrestling

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:08 pm

Dray The Fingerless wrote:Repetitive band. Chads voice is amazing, and he really has potential, but the rest of the band is a waste. they have the same riffs and melody in most songs. THEY DO have some nice songs, but it is the case of, theyve been releasing the same album for the last decade, and they write the same theme in almost every song. Basically, they have one shtick, and its getting tiresome.

Dray The Fingerless wrote:A lot of bands that last long end up like this, but the shtick with Nickelback is that its theme is one of the most drivelling annoying and conceited themes ever. Love is painful, uuuu, life is hard because love is painful. :/

Go starve a bit Chad, youll write better material.

Ah. Now that I think about it I can see what you're talking about. Probably didn't notice it because I tend to listen to music for the tune and tempo instead of the lyrics.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Viteaz Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:33 pm

I love the guitar playing of Nickelback and can agree with that the songs are kinda same. :/
They just need to change the type of their songs and write something like more... driving. For example, the song "Animals". The beginning is very driving indeed.
Disturbed just keeps playing darker and darker music from album to album. They confirmed it themselves. But still... every song is for personal taste. You may like it or not.So we are not to judge people for it. ^^

Edit: Got tickets at Nickelback's concert. Smile
Viteaz
Viteaz
Senator

+Light/-Dark : 1

Experience Points : 5577
Comments : I'm a pervert...ye. >=)

Back to top Go down

Post by dandaman7 Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:25 pm

If that is the case, why do people like Taylor Swift/Adele? Their songs are usually the same. Lyrics.
dandaman7
dandaman7

+Light/-Dark : 2

Experience Points : 7057

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:41 am

dandaman7 wrote:If that is the case, why do people like Taylor Swift/Adele? Their songs are usually the same. Lyrics.

Difference is, those people just started. They still have time to show they can evolve. Nickelback has had almost 2 decades to show they can change. they havent.

And Aard, i cant believe you hear nickelback for tune and melody. its SOOO much of the same ones. its not only their lyrics that repeat.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:38 am

To me there's quite a difference between Hero, Flat on the Floor, Leader of Men, Next Contestant, & Rockstar which are the ones I really like.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum