Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you attempt?

+14
The Exile
Aardvark
Reptile
Atlas
Bazariel
Ptolemy
Aragorn
Ninja Plus
Dray The Fingerless
Aureus
soran
Drist
Aleksi U
Red-X
18 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Would you attempt? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you attempt?

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:34 pm

Aureus wrote:This is a star wars forum

Dicks only

then wtf are you doing here?
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26946
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by Aureus Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:51 pm

Ill take that as a compliment
Aureus
Aureus
Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : 34

Experience Points : 16925
Comments : Henry David Thoreau
Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake.

Back to top Go down

Post by soran Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:57 pm

ara i can understand where your coming from, but your also being ridiculous. its people having fun, if they consented then there is no problem with it.if you honestly were that offended, you could've noticed just by the title that you werent gonna like it. but you still watched it. so from what im seeing, it looks like your just trying to get attention....
soran
soran

+Light/-Dark : 19

Experience Points : 12050

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:44 pm

Aureus wrote:Ill take that as a compliment

Would you attempt? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2jA3i1NEvE-K9lGljPWiVpp83aTOZnLpfGHBqrrrvqvGoAXLWg0adKJoamw
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:00 am

OR expressing disappointment at merely the premise of the title.
Ptolemy
Ptolemy
Chancellor - Masters Council

+Light/-Dark : 95

Experience Points : 15860
Comments : Would you attempt? - Page 2 Bear_wrestling

Back to top Go down

Post by Aragorn Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:45 am

Dray The Fingerless wrote:
Aragorn wrote:
Reptile wrote:
Aragorn wrote:This. Is. Stupid.
UGAY BRO?

No, it's called a respect for women =o

are you saying i dont respect women because i find this a bit humorous? i find that insulting.

You want an honest answer? Yes, I think if you find something like this funny, your respect for women is not very high. Just sayin'

soran wrote:ara i can understand where your coming from, but your also being ridiculous. its people having fun, if they consented then there is no problem with it.if you honestly were that offended, you could've noticed just by the title that you werent gonna like it. but you still watched it. so from what im seeing, it looks like your just trying to get attention....

Soran, before you ever open your mouth and assume that I would actually watch something like this, think again. I didn't watch the video at all. Stuff like the repulses me and gets under my skin. I would never in a million years watch something like this and you should know me better than that...You also should know I'm not an attention whore and I don't appreciate you assuming that I am and that is what I'm doing. It's not true. Don't open your mouth without having your facts straight. And no, I'm not being ridiculous. This is not something that is fun. This is something that is degrading to women. I guarantee you that if you show this to women they WILL not find it funny. Maybe some will but I guarantee you the majority will not. I don't see how I'm being ridiculous. All I'm doing is trying to get across that this shows no respect for women at all and it's more than a little upsetting. If they gave consent, good for them but that doesn't make it any less degrading to them nor does it make it right...
Aragorn
Aragorn
Grand Master of the Jedi Order

+Light/-Dark : -79

Experience Points : 12053
Comments : Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack. ~ Sun Tzu

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. ~ Sun Tzu

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:53 am

They gave consent, so I'd say if your going to get on someone's case for degrading you need to take it up with the women in the video. And I honestly believe if a hot woman with a nice set came up and went "You can feel them if you want" you'd take them up on the offer, any unmarried man would.

Is this a stupid stunt? Yeah, there's not really any point and the punch-line is weak, but it's not damaging the view of women everywhere and it's just as OK to laugh at it as laughing as it is to laugh at an idiotic action.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 27014
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aragorn Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:00 am

Aardvark wrote:They gave consent, so I'd say if your going to get on someone's case for degrading you need to take it up with the women in the video. And I honestly believe if a hot woman with a nice set came up and went "You can feel them if you want" you'd take them up on the offer, any unmarried man would.

Is this a stupid stunt? Yeah, there's not really any point and the punch-line is weak, but it's not damaging the view of women everywhere and it's just as OK to laugh at it as laughing as it is to laugh at an idiotic action.

I would take it up with the women and the guy. The guy should know better and so should the women. If a girl came up to me, hot or not, and said touch them, I wouldn't do it. Why? Because even if I don't know them, they're not mine to touch. I have more respect for that women to not do anything like that, consented or not. It isn't right by any means. I don't agree it's not damaging the view of women because people will watch this and will see how these women said it was ok and that will change their view of women. It's simple human psychology. It's called conditioning. Our society portray's women in a very poor manner and with little respect and this is no different. When you're conditioned to think something, it will become a habit and lifestyle. It's very damaging to the view of women...
Aragorn
Aragorn

Comments : Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack. ~ Sun Tzu

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. ~ Sun Tzu

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:12 am

I don't believe you, any more than I believe you'd turn down someone that said "Here you go, $100, no strings attached, just because I like you." Have you ever thought that turning it down might be disrespect also? I think that attitude is far more damaging given you're essentially saying, "No you don't have the right to say what you can and can't do with your body, I'm going to decide for you." Giving someone respect means giving them equality and equality means you give them the right to make their own decisions. You give them more respect by letting them make their own choices than you do by saying, "I know better than you."
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:05 am

i wanna comment on this but im too tired. Aard finish this up

oh and Ara? i hang out with tons of women, and their opinion that i am highly respectful towards them, even when i joke, measures more than yours on a near factual level. because you know, they are WOMEN, and you arent. regardless of the fact if you say yes or no to this joke, most adults know to separate things and not be petty moronic jerks who put the woman in a pedestal or at their feet. always hard to go for the middle for people...
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Aragorn Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:38 am

Aardvark wrote:I don't believe you, any more than I believe you'd turn down someone that said "Here you go, $100, no strings attached, just because I like you." Have you ever thought that turning it down might be disrespect also? I think that attitude is far more damaging given you're essentially saying, "No you don't have the right to say what you can and can't do with your body, I'm going to decide for you." Giving someone respect means giving them equality and equality means you give them the right to make their own decisions. You give them more respect by letting them make their own choices than you do by saying, "I know better than you."

Money is different than that, Aard. You don't have to believe me but you don't know me well enough if you think I would actually do something like that. I'm not telling them what to do with their body. It's their body, they can do with it what they please. That's not me deciding anything for them. All I'm deciding is to turn them down if they tell me to touch their breasts. That's deciding nothing for them, only myself...

Dray The Fingerless wrote:i wanna comment on this but im too tired. Aard finish this up

oh and Ara? i hang out with tons of women, and their opinion that i am highly respectful towards them, even when i joke, measures more than yours on a near factual level. because you know, they are WOMEN, and you arent. regardless of the fact if you say yes or no to this joke, most adults know to separate things and not be petty moronic jerks who put the woman in a pedestal or at their feet. always hard to go for the middle for people...

I'm glad you're highly respectable to them. I'm glad you are because they should be treated with respect but a person who thinks it's funny to go around and touch other womens breasts for the heck of it does not have respect for them. It's like going around stealing something because you feel like it. It's no different.
Aragorn
Aragorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:30 am

Aragorn wrote:
Aardvark wrote:I don't believe you, any more than I believe you'd turn down someone that said "Here you go, $100, no strings attached, just because I like you." Have you ever thought that turning it down might be disrespect also? I think that attitude is far more damaging given you're essentially saying, "No you don't have the right to say what you can and can't do with your body, I'm going to decide for you." Giving someone respect means giving them equality and equality means you give them the right to make their own decisions. You give them more respect by letting them make their own choices than you do by saying, "I know better than you."

Money is different than that, Aard. You don't have to believe me but you don't know me well enough if you think I would actually do something like that. I'm not telling them what to do with their body. It's their body, they can do with it what they please. That's not me deciding anything for them. All I'm deciding is to turn them down if they tell me to touch their breasts. That's deciding nothing for them, only myself...

Your statement that it's degrading for them is deciding for them and by standing up and yelling, "That's not right!" when it's their choice is telling them what to do. If what you mean is that your religious beliefs are against it than that's fine, but you're not in a position to tell a woman what's degrading for them anymore than I'm in a position to decide what's racist for a black man.

And no, money is no different. You enjoy money and if someone offers it to you than you do no harm by taking it and enjoying it. If you enjoy a woman's body and she offers any of it to you it's no more morally wrong than taking the money offered.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Aragorn Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:32 am

I disagree completely. There's a huge difference between money and touching a womans breast. In so many ways...My statement that it's degrading is not me saying anything for them, it's fact. Like I said, show this to any woman and ask them if a guy coming up to them asking to touch their breast and putting it on Youtube isn't degrading, I would be shocked. I think you'll find that they would at least say it isn't right...
Aragorn
Aragorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:47 am

There's a difference between degrading and rude. A man asking to touch a woman's breasts is a bit rude, but not degrading. Now there may be women who feel that ALLOWING a stranger to touch them is degrading, but the act of asking isn't harmful. In the end there will be people outraged at this, there are people outraged at everything, but no one who looked at this and laughed has a lower opinion of women. This is harmless, I can point you to much better examples of degrading women that many people see as harmless, hell I can find examples in games I KNOW you have played and ENJOYED playing.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:23 am

Aragorn wrote:I disagree completely. There's a huge difference between money and touching a womans breast. In so many ways...My statement that it's degrading is not me saying anything for them, it's fact. Like I said, show this to any woman and ask them if a guy coming up to them asking to touch their breast and putting it on Youtube isn't degrading, I would be shocked. I think you'll find that they would at least say it isn't right...

THAT is a highly stupid thing to ask, since the women in that video felt it wasnt degrading to do so. Your example of ask any woman is moot. There arewomen in that video, fine with doing that, so really asking them if its degrading is disproven by the women who thought it wasnt(and 1000 are a lot of women).

Oh and using your opinion and calling it fact...nice job there. thats not a cheap debatable technique at all...

Actually, ill make it real simple. What is degrading about this video? In what way does it make the women be lower than man in this video instead of equal?
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Aragorn Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:04 pm

Aardvark wrote:There's a difference between degrading and rude. A man asking to touch a woman's breasts is a bit rude, but not degrading. Now there may be women who feel that ALLOWING a stranger to touch them is degrading, but the act of asking isn't harmful. In the end there will be people outraged at this, there are people outraged at everything, but no one who looked at this and laughed has a lower opinion of women. This is harmless, I can point you to much better examples of degrading women that many people see as harmless, hell I can find examples in games I KNOW you have played and ENJOYED playing.

I can point to those examples, too but just because they are there doesn't make it any more or less right...Yeah, I've played games where it doesn't portray women in the best light but that doesn't mean I enjoyed that part of it. I can enjoy a game and still have parts I disagree with or don't like. Example: Half Life 2. I don't like blood in games and there is a lot in that one (at least a lot for me). I enjoyed the content of the game and the fact it made you think but I did not like the fact it had blood. I haven't even played it since I beat it, why? Because of the blood. I don't like it and just because I enjoy playing a game, that doesn't mean there aren't aspects in the game I don't like or disagree with...

Dray The Fingerless wrote:
Aragorn wrote:I disagree completely. There's a huge difference between money and touching a womans breast. In so many ways...My statement that it's degrading is not me saying anything for them, it's fact. Like I said, show this to any woman and ask them if a guy coming up to them asking to touch their breast and putting it on Youtube isn't degrading, I would be shocked. I think you'll find that they would at least say it isn't right...

THAT is a highly stupid thing to ask, since the women in that video felt it wasnt degrading to do so. Your example of ask any woman is moot. There arewomen in that video, fine with doing that, so really asking them if its degrading is disproven by the women who thought it wasnt(and 1000 are a lot of women).

Oh and using your opinion and calling it fact...nice job there. thats not a cheap debatable technique at all...

Actually, ill make it real simple. What is degrading about this video? In what way does it make the women be lower than man in this video instead of equal?

The women in the video didn't find it that way, obviously. I don't know why you're pointing out an obvious statement. I had already said AT LEAST 2 times that not every women would find it this way but the majority would. I even think you threw a figure out in this thread that said 1 in 7 women did this. Why the fudge do you think those 6 out of 7 didn't want him touching them? My opinion that you think I'm passing off for fact isn't an opinion when you talk to women about stuff like this. Women don't like being shown that they like having stuff like this done. You don't see the 6 out of 7 women who said no, just the ones who said yes. What is degrading about the video I've already said. If you can't go back and read what I said, that's not my fault. It's in the thread if you need a refresher. I never said it makes them lower than a man in terms of equality, just that it portrays women in a poor light.
Aragorn
Aragorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:24 pm

And yet you played them anyway, which means you gave them money, which means you're giving the developer the OK to continue. That's more damaging than this video.

Saying no doesn't mean they found it offensive or degrading Ara, I wouldn't agree to give my money to a charity for animals because I think there are more important uses, that doesn't mean I feel giving to those charities is degrading, I just don't want to do it.

The simple fact you jumped to the conclusion that they MUST find it wrong is making their decisions for them by the way.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:26 pm

Aardvark wrote:And yet you played them anyway, which means you gave them money, which means you're giving the developer the OK to continue. That's more damaging than this video.

Saying no doesn't mean they found it offensive or degrading Ara, I wouldn't agree to give my money to a charity for animals because I think there are more important uses, that doesn't mean I feel giving to those charities is degrading, I just don't want to do it.

The simple fact you jumped to the conclusion that they MUST find it wrong is making their decisions for them by the way.

i was gonna say that but aard jumped the gun. you nerd you...well then ara explain me the difference between degrading women and painting women in poor light, cause i honestly dont understand it. making woman look bad is degrading them. also i read your posts, all you said was that this video would change the way people viewed women into a demeaning fashion. that is highly questionable, giving womens view in the world has been painstakingly going up n up, to the point theyre considered better than men unfortunately(thanks to the aforementioned putting the pussy in a pedestal knee jerk reaction) well in your retrograd world you view for some reason,maybe some people will view this as a way to treat women, but decent human beings know better. if you live somewhere where people are dumb enough to take this stuff as rule of thumb, you should move out, cause that is one fucked up piece of people you live near. most people, who you know, are fucking intelligent, know better than to take this video as a way to treat woman instead of a joke. thats the difference between a good person and a bad one. if youre good, you know better and dont need an adult to explain to you basic societal and moral functioning.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-X Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:49 pm

Would you attempt? - Page 2 AEkw9

Well. This exploded.
Red-X
Red-X
Dark Lord of the Sith

+Light/-Dark : -47

Experience Points : 12448
Comments : "You were trusted to lead the Republic but you were decieved, as our powers over the Darkside had blinded you.

You assumed no force could challenge you and now...finally, we have returned." - Darth Malgus

Im active on XFIRE, my username is bojack2424
Im also active on STEAM, my username is solja2424

Back to top Go down

Post by Drist Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:10 pm

Dray The Fingerless wrote:ps: dont go grabbing womens breasts without permission. perhaps i will go grabbing your balls without permission and see how you feel about it.

fag
Drist
Drist
Sith Approval Committee

+Light/-Dark : 4

Experience Points : 6827

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:23 pm

Drist wrote:
Dray The Fingerless wrote:ps: dont go grabbing womens breasts without permission. perhaps i will go grabbing your balls without permission and see how you feel about it.

fag

closet case.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Drist Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:24 pm

Wink
Grabbing boobs is awesome, y'all should just take it for what it is
Drist
Drist
Sith Approval Committee

+Light/-Dark : 4

Experience Points : 6827

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:32 pm

Drist wrote:Wink
Grabbing boobs is awesome, y'all should just take it for what it is

^Virgin.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by soran Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:30 pm

lol ara, its like you were raised by amish women. and yes you are being ridiculous. you should never put a human being on that high of a pedestal, male or female.
soran
soran

+Light/-Dark : 19

Experience Points : 12050

Back to top Go down

Post by Aragorn Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:42 pm

Respecting someone is not putting them on a pedestal, it's treating them right. Huge difference...
Aragorn
Aragorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum