Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thunderfoot attacks Islam

3 posters

Go down

Thunderfoot attacks Islam Empty Thunderfoot attacks Islam

Post by Champion Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:02 pm

I chuckled at the ants vs gods thing. I find it really sad that this sort of hatred is found on both sides. I even find myself getting caught up in anger at Islam and fearing for war between two ideologies. I have to focus on Islamic friends I have made like Disturbed to ground me in reality and not get caught up in hate towards people themselves rather than hating an ideology which in its purest forms, is barbaric to me.
Champion
Champion
Founder

+Light/-Dark : 415

Experience Points : 17189
Comments : Champion (n):

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the righteous.

Back to top Go down

Thunderfoot attacks Islam Empty Re: Thunderfoot attacks Islam

Post by Dray The Fingerless Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:42 pm

I like how he said Playstation, and shows MasterChief from Halo, wich is an XBAWKS exclusive.

Anyway, extremes are sad. Extreme muslims the saddest(poor hut living people who think bombing two towers is a victory. Then they get two COUNTRIES bombed.)
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26947
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:42 am

lol honorable mention /bow

yeah both sides show kinda crazy hatred that needs to go. I mean ffs if ur such a 'great' muslim then don't watch southpark. It contains material forbidden in Islam.

Insulting a culture often means that ur actually Ok with them if done as a joke. Like ppl in America are afraid to insult Islam not because they respect it but because of how touchy some of us are.....when I'm friends with some1 we make lots of fun of each other's cultures in joke
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : -67

Experience Points : 10449

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:39 pm

Disturbed wrote:lol honorable mention /bow

yeah both sides show kinda crazy hatred that needs to go. I mean ffs if ur such a 'great' muslim then don't watch southpark. It contains material forbidden in Islam.

Insulting a culture often means that ur actually Ok with them if done as a joke. Like ppl in America are afraid to insult Islam not because they respect it but because of how touchy some of us are.....when I'm friends with some1 we make lots of fun of each other's cultures in joke

Thank you for participating in this thread, I was hoping you would.

Being an American Muslm, do you feel personally offended to the point of anger if someone depicts Muhammed in that way? Also, how would you feel if you lived in a western country with democratic laws, and the majority of the population having converted to Islam were faced with Imams calling for Sharia law. Knowing many of the rights given by western values and morals were about to be stripped in some form or another. How would you personally react and feel about that situation?

A good real life example of this would be France, which already has 10% of its population converted to Islam, and the average French family has only 1.5 kids (not enough to sustain its population, rather its declining), compare that to the 10% Muslim population which has an average of 8 kids in France. According to these statistics, in roughly 50 years France will be a Muslim majority country. The track record in history for instituting Sharia in a Muslim majority country is 100%.
Champion
Champion
Founder

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the righteous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:54 am

well first off that track record is pretty off, because Pakistan, Saudi Arabia etc. etc. do NOT follow sharia law. Yes their supposed to but they do not, and those 'laws' even if followed, are very situational and only misused

As a muslim myself, I'd hate to see shariah law because it forces ppl to do 'good' If it were really good then let ppl decide.

Well, if someone were to intentionally depict the Prophet in that way that would be a big offense, I myself will not carry out violence, or not even reply, but my respect for that person would vanish. Making jokes I don't mind, but depiction kind of makes it too far.

France becoming a sharia would suck...all those wasted natural *cough* god given gifts Razz
Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:22 am

Disturbed wrote:well first off that track record is pretty off, because Pakistan, Saudi Arabia etc. etc. do NOT follow sharia law. Yes their supposed to but they do not, and those 'laws' even if followed, are very situational and only misused

As a muslim myself, I'd hate to see shariah law because it forces ppl to do 'good' If it were really good then let ppl decide.

Well, if someone were to intentionally depict the Prophet in that way that would be a big offense, I myself will not carry out violence, or not even reply, but my respect for that person would vanish. Making jokes I don't mind, but depiction kind of makes it too far.

France becoming a sharia would suck...all those wasted natural *cough* god given gifts Razz

Wait I was under the assumption that places you mentioned, Saudi Arabia for instance, had laws against gays, womens rights etc that was based on Sharia? What foundation do they base that on? (for instance, in the US anti-gay laws, called anti-sodomy laws have a basis in christianity, not reason or science).
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Disturbed Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:33 pm

I believe Saudi Arabia *might* have that, but anyone who goes to arabia will no that the ppl there are the total opposite of what the sharia wants them to be...the overrestriction just makes them go in the opposite direction.

But almost NONE and I mean NONE of the muslim countries have sharia law. Sharia law is based entirely on Islam and the shariah itself is just a court that decides whether something is legal or not based in Islamic law.

Ppl in those regions however aren't really that gay simply cuz the concept is kind of ...gay. Even I can't really bring myself to understand it.

Disturbed
Disturbed
Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum