Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

giw 15 discussion

+6
Red-X
Nomad
Sqrl
tRibaL
Aragorn
Spidey
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

giw 15 discussion  Empty giw 15 discussion

Post by Spidey Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:31 pm

Spidey
Spidey
Jedi Approval Commitee

+Light/-Dark : 86

Experience Points : 21162
Comments : So many things to tell her,
But how to make her see?
The truth about my past, impossible
She'd turn away from me

Back to top Go down

giw 15 discussion  Empty Re: giw 15 discussion

Post by Aragorn Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:48 pm

I am, too. The first take was fun till Xzav rq'd from the silencing rule but overall, was decently fun. We all need to stress this no public chat at all more so people don't rq when they get punished for it. Makes the event run smoother...
Aragorn
Aragorn
Grand Master of the Jedi Order

+Light/-Dark : -79

Experience Points : 12056
Comments : Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack. ~ Sun Tzu

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. ~ Sun Tzu

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:53 pm

silly me for assuming this was a fun based event
tRibaL
tRibaL

+Light/-Dark : -2

Experience Points : 9121

Back to top Go down

Post by Sqrl Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:56 pm

i got the feeling this thread is gonna get locked quicker than shit.

So before that happens:

GG guys. Very Happy
Sqrl
Sqrl

+Light/-Dark : -674

Experience Points : 13358
Comments : Soul Stealer, Breath Taker, Ecstasy Extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spidey Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:57 pm

i think i am being very nice about it... since i warned you, thing, and xzav before anyone got silenced... so im not being a complete dick ... just so you know xzav...i don't have to warn anyone... but im not going to have people breaking the rules of MY event while i am there.... i would have banned nomad if he pulled out a staff and hit you with it... why are you so pissed that i silenced you for talking in public?

10. All matches will have public talking forbidden, in order to enforce this the teams will be locked and everyone not using team chat will be silenced during a battle.

the only part of this rule i didn't enforce this week was locking the teams... there wasn't any point... i was the only spec... and im not going to join... so xzav you show me where given the rule above...i was wrong for doing what i did

EDIT: it is a fun based event... thats why we have rules like this... so it stays fun... if you don't like the way i run MY event... thats fine... don't like one of the rules... get on the committee and try to get the shit changed... ara didn't like a rule... he is on the committee... rule got changed... don't even try that "one voice is not enough" bull shit excuse... he was the only one to speak up about it... and the shit got changed... not much... but enough to make everyone happy... or... if you don't like the rule and don't want to help change it... find something else to do on sunday... doesn't bother me any... we got other jedi
Spidey
Spidey
Jedi Approval Commitee

But how to make her see?
She'd turn away from me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:57 pm

indeed
Nomad
Nomad
Senator - Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : -37

Experience Points : 12652

Back to top Go down

Post by Spidey Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:58 pm

Sqrl wrote:i got the feeling this thread is gonna get locked quicker than shit.

So before that happens:

GG guys. Very Happy

wouldn't surprise me in the least.... i would like to ask the other forum admins... please don't lock this on me... ill take care of it if it gets to the point of needing a lock... hope it won't tho Smile thanks
Spidey
Spidey
Jedi Approval Commitee

But how to make her see?
She'd turn away from me

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:07 pm

Spidey wrote:i think i am being very nice about it... since i warned you, thing, and xzav before anyone got silenced... so im not being a complete dick ... just so you know xzav...i don't have to warn anyone... but im not going to have people breaking the rules of MY event while i am there.... i would have banned nomad if he pulled out a staff and hit you with it... why are you so pissed that i silenced you for talking in public?

10. All matches will have public talking forbidden, in order to enforce this the teams will be locked and everyone not using team chat will be silenced during a battle.

the only part of this rule i didn't enforce this week was locking the teams... there wasn't any point... i was the only spec... and im not going to join... so xzav you show me where given the rule above...i was wrong for doing what i did

EDIT: it is a fun based event... thats why we have rules like this... so it stays fun... if you don't like the way i run MY event... thats fine... don't like one of the rules... get on the committee and try to get the shit changed... ara didn't like a rule... he is on the committee... rule got changed... don't even try that "one voice is not enough" bull shit excuse... he was the only one to speak up about it... and the shit got changed... not much... but enough to make everyone happy... or... if you don't like the rule and don't want to help change it... find something else to do on sunday... doesn't bother me any... we got other jedi

I understand its your event, im just simply wondering where champs origional idea of a fun enjoyable jedi verses sith event went to? and how can i find it?
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-X Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:19 pm

oh lord =_=
Red-X
Red-X
Dark Lord of the Sith

+Light/-Dark : -47

Experience Points : 12451
Comments : "You were trusted to lead the Republic but you were decieved, as our powers over the Darkside had blinded you.

You assumed no force could challenge you and now...finally, we have returned." - Darth Malgus

Im active on XFIRE, my username is bojack2424
Im also active on STEAM, my username is solja2424

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulldog Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:19 pm

xzavier wrote:I understand its your event, im just simply wondering where champs origional idea of a fun enjoyable jedi verses sith event went to? and how can i find it?

That died when the TFFA stopped being populated and when we moved from the normal all Jedi vs all Sith to 100 kills.
Bulldog
Bulldog
Senator - Jedi Approval Committee

+Light/-Dark : 16

Experience Points : 7122

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:19 pm

Stop calling it YOUR event. Jesus Christ, we all invest into this. If it was only your event, then you wouldn't need anyone else to participate or coordinate.

I also have to agree with Xzav that you should let up. I accidentally say "gf," honestly, the only thing I said, and I get silenced. While it doesn't bother me that much, it does seem over the top. By adding all of these rules, and regulating them like they are the very words that came out of God's mouth, it takes the fun out of the event.
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : 143

Experience Points : 17673
Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.
See ya in anothah life, brothah. - Desmond Hume

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:22 pm

whatever happened to hearty jesting and poking fun? i mean, you took 90% of champs ideals out of the event. the biggest being fun for all
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-X Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:26 pm

:\ you folks are taking this "silence" stuff omega serious
Red-X
Red-X
Dark Lord of the Sith

Comments : "You were trusted to lead the Republic but you were decieved, as our powers over the Darkside had blinded you.

You assumed no force could challenge you and now...finally, we have returned." - Darth Malgus

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:27 pm

this is about more than just silancing stuff, bulldog and thing understand what im saying, and i wont say it publicly or out loud because its striaght up too offensive for me.
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-X Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:29 pm

or we can just let this go and just simply play the event and have fun talks 'afterwards'?
Red-X
Red-X
Dark Lord of the Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:31 pm

did you read bulldogs post?
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-X Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:32 pm

xzavier wrote:did you read bulldogs post?

ok?
Red-X
Red-X
Dark Lord of the Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:32 pm

tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-X Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:34 pm

xzavier wrote:...

Since you miss itz, why don't you organize and bring 'it' back? I clearly didn't exist when that happened
Red-X
Red-X
Dark Lord of the Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:35 pm

did you see my admin post?
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-X Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:37 pm

xzavier wrote:

2>Explain why you feel you would be a good admin. I would like to start hosting pugs on saturday nights with incredibly relaxed rules, meaning talkings allowed, lamings allowed, fun shit is allowed, fucking around is encouraged on a day where everybody is in a light mood, your not asked to be hardcore if you dont want to be, nobody will complain because you were a weak link, just a have fun regular match to build atleast some tffa skill and to enjoy it at the same time. I would like to regulate such a informal event.

3>Would you like to admin the NA or Euro servers or both? Just the CW

I wouldve taken this offensively...
Red-X
Red-X
Dark Lord of the Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:37 pm

i was picking my words carefully, i wanted to be a hellofalot more offensive than that.
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:48 pm

holy shit... guys just remember how we enforced this shit in past - when i was DL and kinda resurected giw. We silenced everyone in game until the giw was over and spectators were alowed to only teamchat. I think this was better way because none could get butthurt....... so please stop arguing over this.... whats done is done.
Nomad
Nomad
Senator - Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : -37

Experience Points : 12652

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:50 pm

nomad, remember how champion enforced the first GIW, thats how it should be played
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-X Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:52 pm

xzavier wrote:nomad, remember how champion enforced the first GIW, thats how it should be played

either way, i still find giw itself fun; even if we arn't allowed to speak
Red-X
Red-X
Dark Lord of the Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next