Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NPC Files and Sounds

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

NPC Files and Sounds Empty NPC Files and Sounds

Post by The Zohan Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:40 am

Ok two parts to my question

1. I successfully made my first skin. Its actually pretty good for the first one but anyway. I wanted to create an npc for it. I saw in assets1 there is a folder called ext_data and in it a folder called npcs . In there are a bunch of files giving the different npc's their characteristics.

My Skin is a reskinned stormtrooper called "stormtrooper_Condor" The skin is in the Models -> Players folder in assets1.

So I created a file called "Stormtrooper_Condor in ext_data -> npcs.

I Opened the stormtrooper file to see what should be in mine.

in it was this

StormTrooper
{
playerModel stormtrooper
weapon WP_BLASTER
health 30
headPitchRangeDown 30
reactions 3
aim 1
move 3
aggression 3
evasion 1
intelligence 5
rank crewman
playerTeam TEAM_ENEMY
enemyTeam TEAM_PLAYER
// race klingon
class CLASS_STORMTROOPER
height 64
crouchheight 38
walkSpeed 51
runSpeed 200
snd st1
sndcombat st1
sndextra st1
yawspeed 70
walkSpeed 55
runSpeed 200
dismemberProbHead 0
dismemberProbArms 10
dismemberProbLegs 0
dismemberProbHands 20
dismemberProbWaist 0
}

I find it really funny how the developers put "Klingon" for the race.

I tried replacing the top name to stormtrooper_Condor and the part that says playerModel stormtrooper to playerModel stormtrooper_Condor

But that doesnt work. I figured either the first or the second one would have made it use the skin from the model directed. It tells me the model and npc doesnt exist.

2. I also wanted to add different sounds to the skin. I wanted to start out simple and just use a voice from another model called Impworker.

Inside of the model folder is a config called "sounds" but when I open it all thats in there is "st1 m".

I was like ohhhh ok.... and went to the impworkers folder. Inside it said "worker1 m" So I deleted st1 m and replaced it with worker1 m but it didnt work. It still has normal stormtrooper sounds.

So this is where im stuck. Any help would be appreciated.

The Zohan
The Zohan

+Light/-Dark : 13

Experience Points : 6973

Back to top Go down

NPC Files and Sounds Empty Re: NPC Files and Sounds

Post by Spidey Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:54 pm

hope you get this all figured out... we could use another skinner
Spidey
Spidey
Jedi Approval Commitee

+Light/-Dark : 86

Experience Points : 21179
Comments : So many things to tell her,
But how to make her see?
The truth about my past, impossible
She'd turn away from me

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:08 pm

Jesus Christ.

1. http://jediknight3.filefront.com/info/NPCTutorial

2. Just copy and paste the impworker sound.cfg into the sound folder for your skin.
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : 143

Experience Points : 17690
Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.
See ya in anothah life, brothah. - Desmond Hume

Back to top Go down

Post by The Zohan Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:19 pm

I did that but it didnt work. The only thing in either of the sound folders was "worker1 m" "and st1 m". I replaced the stormy one with the worker one and it still sounded like a stormtrooper.

I got the hang of skinning but im just having trouble with sounds and npc's.

Some skins are a little annoying though like teh stormtrooper. Theres a bunch of random peices of the skin that you can identify at first. But its pretty much straight foward.
The Zohan
The Zohan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:41 pm

Send me your skin if it's that much of a problem.

Did you also delete everything but the Impworker sound .cfg in the sound folder?

The sounds might also sound the same for both of them and are just called different.
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Zohan Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:45 am

Yes I did. And i was just thinking the same thing. I'll send it to you. I already got it in pk3 form so it should work...but its not.

Call me stupid but ive never sent files over the internet before. How would i do it?

BTW i am actually using the npc config from the cultist commando skin because i wanted it to do what it does. So i believe the sounds are now defualt. I changed the names to stormtrooper_Condor like im suppose to.
The Zohan
The Zohan

Back to top Go down

Post by Spidey Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:03 am

you can either email it to him... send over xfire... upload to megaupload or some other such site and pm him a link... im sure there are other options... but xfire is prob the best/easiest
Spidey
Spidey
Jedi Approval Commitee

+Light/-Dark : 86

Experience Points : 21179
Comments : So many things to tell her,
But how to make her see?
The truth about my past, impossible
She'd turn away from me

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:14 am

mediafire would be quickest.

http://www.mediafire.com/
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by The Zohan Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:49 am

The Zohan
The Zohan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:44 am

what model did you skin from?
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by The Zohan Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:10 pm

I reskinned a stormtrooper. This probably has nothing to do with it since the multiplayer model works fine, but I used the config of a stormtrooper/officer because i wanted the shoulderpad pauldron thing. Again it does work in multiplayer so i dont think it has anything to do with why it says the npc doesnt exist.

btw did you get the link working?

------edit--------

the link works fine. Click on it and if you get a black screen with the link in blue click it again and you'll be at the download page.

----------edit--------

while im waiting for a diagnosis ill just try my hand at another simpler skin. Gonna try to make an Assassin Recruit from Assassin's Creed using the reborn model.

----------edit----------

quick thought. Would not adding a humanoid thing have anthing to do with it? Both in the youtube and jk3file tutorial, they had taken out a humanoid folder along with whatever folder of the model they wanted to use.
The Zohan
The Zohan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:57 pm

1. I know how to use Mediafire, no worries.

2. Go for it, although to be bluntly honest, you need to hone up on your skills. It's a good thing you;re still practicing. (Don't release any of your first skins.)

3. It doesn't matter at all.
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by The Zohan Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:38 pm

So you don't know whats wrong with my skin or are you still analyzing it?

I might release that one if i get npc support working. Ive seen much much much worse on jkfiles that people actually took the time to review.

And if you've played AC1 and ACB you'll see that the reborn skin is a very good skin to use.
The Zohan
The Zohan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:27 am

I can get the NPC to work, but it doesn't come up with your skin.

-----WARNING! This is not meant to offend, it's only a review.-----

Zoh, it really is a bad skin overall. It's good for a beginner, but it's just a stormtrooper with blue water looking blotch near it's lower back and yellow and black stripes also on it's back. The NPC support is a good idea, but you had to ask me to fix it. Overall, it's a good beginner skin, but it's all it is. Just practice more, and be more creative with it. You might also want to read the tutorial or watch the video, or whatever you did to learn how to skin, again. You missed a lot of stuff, on I was surprised you even got the skin to work in the first place. Just practice more, maybe ask some of the people here to help you on the execution.
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by The Zohan Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:14 am

Well what was wrong with the skin that it didnt work?

um btw did you see the front of the skin?

Also i redid the officer pauldron.
The Zohan
The Zohan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Zohan Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:23 am

btw I bought a new laptop recently. A good one too. Good for games. So i am no longer limited to my slow desktop. So im gonna be trying out some other games. I still plan on putting jk3 on it but i wont have time to skin.
The Zohan
The Zohan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:01 am

Awesome, what computer?
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by The Zohan Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:32 am

HP Pavilion dv6-3013nr Entertainment Notebook. Its got triple core.

i think im gonna play Americas Army 3 on it and hold of on installing jk3, but ill still use the forums.
The Zohan
The Zohan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Zohan Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:09 am

O-: no answer to my question?
The Zohan
The Zohan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:08 am

Oh sorry, it's been ready, but the NPC thing isn't showing your skin. It does spawn something though, so that's good... Want it anyway?
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by The Zohan Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:53 am

Gah it doesnt spawn anything on my game. I still have the skin. I also updated it and put a lil "joke" on it thats easy to catch. I will probably leave it alone or just make the code simpler. like almost exactly like a stormtroooper. Oh thats right my desktops harddrive went poo yesterday. Razz eh im probably done with skinning. I might do it again in the future,
The Zohan
The Zohan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:08 am

Don't give up just because you messed up the first time.

Your skin had promise. You just have to develop your skills more. Again, ask anyone here if you need help.
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by The Zohan Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:51 pm

Im not giving up. I just have better things to do.
The Zohan
The Zohan

Back to top Go down

Post by dude24oak Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:42 am

give me the skin i'd love it:)
dude24oak
dude24oak

+Light/-Dark : 0

Experience Points : 5490

Back to top Go down

Post by The Zohan Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:01 pm

My updated one is gone since my desktop bit the dust. You gotta get the original from Thing.
The Zohan
The Zohan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next