Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quinlan-Vos' Application (accepted to jedi)

+18
Aureus
Aragorn
Champion
Aleksi U
Spidey
dandaman7
haize
Aardvark
Dray The Fingerless
Red-X
soran
Nomad
Delta-75-Raven
Reptile
Sqrl
Kurupt
Ptolemy
Quinlan-Vos
22 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Quinlan-Vos' Application (accepted to jedi) Empty Quinlan-Vos' Application (accepted to jedi)

Post by Quinlan-Vos Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:20 am

What's your true first name? "Kelan."
What name do you use in game? "Master-Vos" // "Quinlan-Vos"
How old are you? "I am 24 years of age."
Where are you from? "Tulsa, Oklahoma."

Why do you want to join JvS? "I have played Jedi Academy since the regular xbox live days. Love everything about the game engine, and especially everything about star wars. I was in a fun clan along time ago on xbox. We had lots of training cycles, fun games...the works. And after reading into your website, it brings back great memories, and i feel i can contribute in many ways with JvS clan in a variety of ways; Kind and helpful manners. Knowledge of lore and history. Experienced Saber and movement training. At times Masterful usage of the Light side of the Force. And a good ability to teach others. I feel i have more qualities to add to this list, and wish to seek further council with a member here."

What skill level would you rate yourself (1-10, 10 being best)? "A Jedi craves not recognition to any feat that can be achieved through rigorous study, hard training, and good tutelage." ( 8-10* when it comes to light side force usage of absorb, push, and mind trick.) (8-10* double saber techniques) (6-9* Single Saber all styles) (6-9* Staff saber) (( Back in my XBOX days, i was certainly at a higher skill level that i am currently.)) (( I need to get a Joystick for my computer, currently i use mouse and keyboard in a **Hardknock** type of setup. but it can get the job done)) ((i feel i will be much better with a little training, a new joystick, and some new found mentors // friends along the way))

How long have you been playing JKA? "Since it first came out on xbox. Mainly only played Xbox but have had the computer game for a long time. Just picked it back up again recently. Movements, force powers, and saber skills needs some training still."

Is there something you would like help with? "I would like to start out by saying i have many years experience of running and operating a Guild website for Battle.net gaming. Mainly Diablo2 and Starcraft Broodwar stuff. I am capable of recruiting new (qualified) members. I have developed my own Unique rank names, "game" and "guild/clan" specific. I have implemented new styles of ranking systems, as well as training/promotion systems for mass amounts of members...co-coordinating and planning large member based events. I feel i am very capable of helping in any way a council member would see fit. Within my time, here. As soon as i am deemed loyal, capable, and active enough....so on and so forth."

Why do you feel you would be a positive addition to our clan? I have the attitude that any clan would enjoy having along. Skills to lead, skills with web design and graphics, keen understanding of chain of commands. To be loyal. To be a new addition to an already awesome thing. To implement new ideas of any sorts, and all sorts, adding to the already brilliant thoughts and ideas everyone puts forth... And much more.

Are you the leader or the follower type? I believe Both. I am a very good leader. yet i am an introverted person by nature. I learn, mostly, by watching and listening. Paying close attention to things, analyzing and processing future thoughts of the "could be" so that i may stay one step ahead... A laid back person in real life; leads into my game life. My ability to council others is very positively constructive, i feel because of patience, and education. I feel my lessons normally lead to a positive outcomes... ((I take this from what i do in real life. I teach in a school system, helping kids who have learning and behavioral disabilities. I also coach high school soccer. And have Studied Hung gar kung fu for nearly 6 years now. I help instruct as well... Helping teach the kids class, and beginner // intermediate level adults.

Please read the following RULES. Do you agree to always follow them? "Yes i agree in all ways."

Very Happy Very Happy Laughing

8/8 Hours completed

Last edited by Spiderman on Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:01 pm; edited 12 times in total (Reason for editing : Run on sentences...)
Quinlan-Vos
Quinlan-Vos

+Light/-Dark : 0

Experience Points : 5246
Comments : "Out of the eater; something to eat?"
"Out of the strong; something sweet?"

Back to top Go down

Quinlan-Vos' Application (accepted to jedi) Empty Re: Quinlan-Vos' Application (accepted to jedi)

Post by Ptolemy Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:50 am

well done!

Faction Approval just for the detailed app!
Ptolemy
Ptolemy
Chancellor - Masters Council

+Light/-Dark : 95

Experience Points : 15866
Comments : Quinlan-Vos' Application (accepted to jedi) Bear_wrestling

Back to top Go down

Quinlan-Vos' Application (accepted to jedi) Empty Re: Quinlan-Vos' Application (accepted to jedi)

Post by Kurupt Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:57 am

Great application Smile
Kurupt
Kurupt
Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : -3

Experience Points : 5754
Comments : DANISH DYNAMITE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sqrl Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:15 am

0_0 wow this is the most decorated app i've ever seen XD
Sqrl
Sqrl

+Light/-Dark : -674

Experience Points : 13361
Comments : Soul Stealer, Breath Taker, Ecstasy Extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reptile Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:26 am

Kurupt wrote:Great application Smile
Reptile
Reptile

+Light/-Dark : -1

Experience Points : 6167

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinlan-Vos Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:27 am

Thank you very much for the reply's. I feel taking the time, and putting forth effort always makes a good first impression. And we all know how important that can be. Or so the old Cliche goes?

-I made some edit's to the original application post.
-Some run on sentences and a few jumbled' up thoughts.
-Wanted to clean it up a bit.

Satisfied now Cool

-Vos

Last edited by Quinlan-Vos on Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a word)
Quinlan-Vos
Quinlan-Vos

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta-75-Raven Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:41 am

Reptile wrote:
Kurupt wrote:Great application Smile
^ This

And:

Quinlan-Vos' Application (accepted to jedi) Senatesealofapproval

Delta-75-Raven
Delta-75-Raven
Senator

+Light/-Dark : 5

Experience Points : 6292

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:18 pm

Welcome quin. I hope u will stick with us for a long time.
Nomad
Nomad
Senator - Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : -37

Experience Points : 12655

Back to top Go down

Post by soran Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:54 pm

Quinlan-Vos wrote:
Thank you very much for the reply's. I feel taking the time, and putting forth effort always makes a good first impression. And we all know how important that can be. Or so the old Cliche goes?

-I made some edit's to the original application post.
-Some run on sentences and a few jumbled' up thoughts.
-Wanted to clean it up a bit.

Satisfied now Cool

-Vos

and the 1st impression was greatly made. welcome dude!
soran
soran

+Light/-Dark : 19

Experience Points : 12056

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-X Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:15 pm

this guy clearly deserves to be in sith >___>"

Red-X
Red-X
Dark Lord of the Sith

+Light/-Dark : -47

Experience Points : 12454
Comments : "You were trusted to lead the Republic but you were decieved, as our powers over the Darkside had blinded you.

You assumed no force could challenge you and now...finally, we have returned." - Darth Malgus

Im active on XFIRE, my username is bojack2424
Im also active on STEAM, my username is solja2424

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:16 pm

I discouncil you to get a joystick or a gamepad just for this game. If you want reach for good great skill levels, you need a mouse setting. There are simply some things you cant do with a gamepad, specially poking and poke wiggles, wich are a great part of reaching those higher echelons.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26952
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sqrl Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:46 pm

Dray The Fingerless wrote:I discouncil you to get a joystick or a gamepad just for this game. If you want reach for good great skill levels, you need a mouse setting. There are simply some things you cant do with a gamepad, specially poking and poke wiggles, wich are a great part of reaching those higher echelons.

yeah he has a point. gamepads limit you to minor skills. best to get a wireless mousepad. ^_^
Sqrl
Sqrl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurupt Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:08 pm

lol @ wireless mousepad
Kurupt
Kurupt
Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : -3

Experience Points : 5754
Comments : DANISH DYNAMITE

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:36 pm

do not listen to sqrl, he is an idiot. wireless mousepads have minor delay response. wire mouse is still better for reaction time.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:36 pm

and apart from the wire bothersome, wireless mouses are useless.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:38 pm

Council approved.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 27020
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Post by haize Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:30 pm

Hey man welcome to the forums
haize
haize
Masters Council

Experience Points : 12356

Back to top Go down

Post by soran Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:35 pm

yes wireless mouses are useless XD(sarcastic laughter) wireless mouses barely, BARELY effect you at all if any. unlike some people who are still back in the stone age ;D wireless mouses are just easier all around
soran
soran

Experience Points : 12056

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:59 pm

ah then soran, you do not play real FPS. any sane FPS player will tell you they notice ALL the time the delay a wireless mouse plays. That 'barely delays' counts a lot. Also, yes i think they are useless for a simple reason. They do not justify the price. Sure its nice not having wires, but what for? You dont use the mouse far away on the other side of the room. never. you sit it right next to your pc or lap top, in easy wire reach. The wire is just a BARELY physical monotony, one you dont even notice.and to people who say, oh you have to go plug it in on desktops, well you have to plug in the mouse receiver too for wireless mouse(and yes, wireless mouses without receiver suck the most). all this does not add up to the price it costs. plain simple useless, purely aesthetic value, and not even that much it is.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by dandaman7 Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:36 pm

What a badass application....
dandaman7
dandaman7

+Light/-Dark : 2

Experience Points : 7062

Back to top Go down

Post by Sqrl Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:05 pm

true it has a delay, but honestly it doesn't matter what you use. just as long as you use a mouse. its based on your preference.

oh and @dray i use wireless since i use this labby perty much everywhere i go. Razz

And good luck on your app vos ^_^
Sqrl
Sqrl

Back to top Go down

Post by Spidey Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:12 am

so this is what i get for not bein on at all today... someone took all my approvals i could give Sad ... oh well this will prob be the last one of these i get to do before i have to say "see you later"

title updated

someone please keep track of the hrs... i will till i leave if he gets any
Spidey
Spidey
Jedi Approval Commitee

+Light/-Dark : 86

Experience Points : 21165
Comments : So many things to tell her,
But how to make her see?
The truth about my past, impossible
She'd turn away from me

Back to top Go down

Post by Spidey Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:14 am

also... very nice app Smile

most likely our last recruit for this year

hope i get the chance to get to know you when i return Smile

-Spidey
Spidey
Spidey
Jedi Approval Commitee

+Light/-Dark : 86

Experience Points : 21165
Comments : So many things to tell her,
But how to make her see?
The truth about my past, impossible
She'd turn away from me

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:58 am

I use a blue tooth mouse and it works really well.
Ptolemy
Ptolemy
Chancellor - Masters Council

+Light/-Dark : 95

Experience Points : 15866
Comments : Quinlan-Vos' Application (accepted to jedi) Bear_wrestling

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinlan-Vos Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:12 am

I would like to start off with saying my timezone is: Central Standard time.
Thanks for the approvals so far everyone. Sqrl, Spider, Ptolemy, dray, kurupt, Aardvark, haize, soran, Dan, Reptile, Delta, Nomad, Red-X, thanks to you all. Very cool forums. I am enjoying every second of the website, forums, and gametime so far. I have Xfire...and a microphone. So, yup. Arrow

I am getting myself up to speed with the process through all the forum threads. And have goals in mind already...ultimately my saber skills need to be assessed. As well my knowledge of the force. I would be available to meet normally around Night time is the best game time for me. 10pm-1am ish. Any nights...

I live in Oklahoma. Gaming during the weekends is open. Always available for website "duties" and activities. Potential sponsors/ or any member logging into JA server's at anytime...could Private msg me on the forums if you would like. I plan to work well in order to be successful on my application, and also will work humbly and diligently towards my goal's.

Thanks all!

Last edited by Quinlan-Vos on Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:19 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : updating a few things...)
Quinlan-Vos
Quinlan-Vos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next