Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uh Oh Microsoft Bannage. =o

+3
Dray The Fingerless
Aureus
Sqrl
7 posters

Go down

Uh Oh Microsoft Bannage. =o Empty Uh Oh Microsoft Bannage. =o

Post by Sqrl Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:40 pm

Sqrl
Sqrl

+Light/-Dark : -674

Experience Points : 13356
Comments : Soul Stealer, Breath Taker, Ecstasy Extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Uh Oh Microsoft Bannage. =o Empty Re: Uh Oh Microsoft Bannage. =o

Post by Aureus Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:30 pm

They're allowed to do wat they want on their forums
Aureus
Aureus
Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : 34

Experience Points : 16926
Comments : Henry David Thoreau
Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:09 pm

Link is broken, says page is mcfucked.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26947
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sqrl Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:30 pm

Alright lemme spell it out for ya.

Microsoft will ban you for using a swastika as a logo in Black Ops, so sorry, Hitler.

According to Microsoft's community czar Stephen Toulouse, the bannination for using the symbol of The Holocaust is not up for negotiations, even if you're one of those annoying people who are like, "But the symbol means something else in other cultures!"

StepTo posts:

"If you think the swastika symbol should be re-evaluated by societies all over the Earth, I think that’s great. Your Xbox LIVE profile or in game logo, which doesn’t have the context to explain your goal, is not the right place to do that. And by the way, that doesn't just go for the Swastika, it applies to many other symbols as well that my team does indeed take action on when we see it."

To add my own two-cents: Yes, you have freedom of speech in the U.S., but when you're using other people's forums (in this case, Microsoft's) they get to decide what you can and can't say. So go stand on a street corner and lay out your jive ass "Swastikas are awesome!" rap, No one will arrest you, but you should expect every decent person on earth to revile you for being a dope, an ignoramus or a racist. We will, I promise you.

Read more: http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/708775/call-of-duty-black-ops-microsoft-bans-swastikas.html#ixzz163apWj4y
Sqrl
Sqrl

+Light/-Dark : -674

Experience Points : 13356
Comments : Soul Stealer, Breath Taker, Ecstasy Extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:31 pm

I don't care, I think it is a good idea personally, supports community and communal idea.
Nihil
Nihil

+Light/-Dark : -912

Experience Points : 12267
Comments : https://www.facebook.com/mattbcarr

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:04 am

Microsoft has all the right to do what it wants with its products. I dont agree with their policy, but they have the right to do so. Unless this is just a specific team of mods from XBL who are on a palladin rampage, in wich case, i hope they get fired.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:23 am

I personally support it, factions would probably organize around it, and that allows the facilitation of hate crime, but like you said, they have a right to do it.
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:07 pm

Let me also make clear that i do not tolerate biased offensiveness. if i EVER see a swastika in these forums, you will either get it removed, along with every single religious, political and ideological symbol in this forum, or it will stay. Because i do not believe we should judge actions and ideologies based on their fame. Holocaust is horrible, and some people think white supremacy is great, but you have the right to have your own ideals and politics. I will not tolerate difamation and direct insulting in this clan, so keep your insulting thoughts to yourself, but like a great man said once

"I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

And if you think this idea is flawed, i will counter argue it. Nothing has ever been gained from censoring or hiding information and knowledge in the world.

Also, heres my funny of the day

Boy, Microsoft sure are being a bunch of Nazis over this.

:O
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:43 am

I'm saying I support Microsoft's motion to ban it, just to make clear...
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:13 pm

I dont, because, besides the point i conveyed, this is quite hipocritical. Not only has every Call of Duty worked to be controversial, Black Ops itself is a fucking offensive game, you assassinate Castro in it, for fucks sake, now this guy is trying to reduce offensiveness? No, im sorry, you wanted to do that, you should of banned the game itself. This is just utter ignorance now.

PS: XBL works on a report system, meaning if you get enough reports, they will look into what you did. This swastika thing also portrays that you are banned from the EMBLEM EDITOR for a small amount of time, a second offense will get you more ban time from it, and a third one might get you completely banned from the emblem editor.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:04 pm

Dray The Fingerless wrote:I dont, because, besides the point i conveyed, this is quite hipocritical. Not only has every Call of Duty worked to be controversial, Black Ops itself is a fucking offensive game, you assassinate Castro in it, for fucks sake, now this guy is trying to reduce offensiveness? No, im sorry, you wanted to do that, you should of banned the game itself. This is just utter ignorance now.

PS: XBL works on a report system, meaning if you get enough reports, they will look into what you did. This swastika thing also portrays that you are banned from the EMBLEM EDITOR for a small amount of time, a second offense will get you more ban time from it, and a third one might get you completely banned from the emblem editor.

Well, then your previous point doesn't stand that you wouldn't allow it here, if both places, us and Xbox, are supposed to be places for fun and a gaming community, then it shouldn't be allowed
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:18 pm

thier game servers they can do what they wish. I would like to point out that there is no inalienable right to NOT be offended. On personal property you enforce the rules you want to.
Ptolemy
Ptolemy
Chancellor - Masters Council

+Light/-Dark : 95

Experience Points : 15861
Comments : Uh Oh Microsoft Bannage. =o Bear_wrestling

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:37 pm

Nihil wrote:
Dray The Fingerless wrote:I dont, because, besides the point i conveyed, this is quite hipocritical. Not only has every Call of Duty worked to be controversial, Black Ops itself is a fucking offensive game, you assassinate Castro in it, for fucks sake, now this guy is trying to reduce offensiveness? No, im sorry, you wanted to do that, you should of banned the game itself. This is just utter ignorance now.

Well, then your previous point doesn't stand that you wouldn't allow it here, if both places, us and Xbox, are supposed to be places for fun and a gaming community, then it shouldn't be allowed

Whats fun and right for you may not be for others. Thus why you must respect other ideals, and not difamate, harm or directly insult anyone. The only exception would be if your morals held some clause where for example, the simple choice of BEING jew or nazi is insulting to you, then obviously, you would have to allow or leave, like i said, direct insult is the only no no here.

I stated that it IS Microsoft's property, so they can do whatever they want, i totally defend their right to do what they want with their property, im only stating what I think is right. but im also pertaining to why this is hypocritical. My main reason is freedom of speech, but the other reason is that the game itself is HIGHLY offensive to many people in the world and they still allowed it to be spread out, yet some random gamer puts on a swastika, oh thats too much.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:07 pm

No surprise.
Uh Oh Microsoft Bannage. =o Demotivational-posters-windows
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 27015
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:30 pm

Aardvark wrote:No surprise.
Uh Oh Microsoft Bannage. =o Demotivational-posters-windows

Oh ye of blissful ignorance. UBUNTU IS GETTING OLD AARD, HOW LONG WILL YOU HOLD ON TO IT.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:22 pm

Linux is the future
Ptolemy
Ptolemy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:26 pm

Ptolemy wrote:Linux is the future

of servers.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:43 pm

no been on servers for ever. the workstation is moving that way as well. the Mac OSx is based on Linux like win 3.1 - win 98 were based on DOS.
Ptolemy
Ptolemy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:59 pm

we talking about companies here or concepts?
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:50 pm

Dray The Fingerless wrote:
Nihil wrote:

Whats fun and right for you may not be for others. Thus why you must respect other ideals, and not difamate, harm or directly insult anyone. The only exception would be if your morals held some clause where for example, the simple choice of BEING jew or nazi is insulting to you, then obviously, you would have to allow or leave, like i said, direct insult is the only no no here.

I stated that it IS Microsoft's property, so they can do whatever they want, i totally defend their right to do what they want with their property, im only stating what I think is right. but im also pertaining to why this is hypocritical. My main reason is freedom of speech, but the other reason is that the game itself is HIGHLY offensive to many people in the world and they still allowed it to be spread out, yet some random gamer puts on a swastika, oh thats too much.

The goal of Microsoft is to create a fun, fair, and safe environment for people, thus, it would seem appropriate to me that they would ban it.
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Ðaaaaa Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:11 am

I was sick and tired of seeing the swastikas EVERY TIME I PLAYED. It simply was annoying. Most people know what that symbol ascribes to and just think it is "cool" or "funny" or just want to incite anger. Besides that, immature people will keep making immature stuff to no end though.............oh god..
Ðaaaaa
Ðaaaaa

+Light/-Dark : 15

Experience Points : 6156

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum