Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conservatives Get What They Want! I.E (A House on Fire)

+5
Dray The Fingerless
Aardvark
Aragorn
Thing
Nihil
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Conservatives Get What They Want! I.E (A House on Fire) Empty Conservatives Get What They Want! I.E (A House on Fire)

Post by Nihil Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:13 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39516346/ns/us_news-life/

yuuuuurp, dem good ol' capitalemistic ways sures are workin out goods for we in da fira depatment!
Nihil
Nihil

+Light/-Dark : -912

Experience Points : 12285
Comments : https://www.facebook.com/mattbcarr

Back to top Go down

Conservatives Get What They Want! I.E (A House on Fire) Empty Re: Conservatives Get What They Want! I.E (A House on Fire)

Post by Thing Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:58 am

I woulda done the same thing the son did to the fire chief.

What bastards...

3 dogs and a kitty-cat...
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : 143

Experience Points : 17689
Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.
See ya in anothah life, brothah. - Desmond Hume

Back to top Go down

Conservatives Get What They Want! I.E (A House on Fire) Empty Re: Conservatives Get What They Want! I.E (A House on Fire)

Post by Aragorn Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:01 am

So what exactly does this have to do with conservatism?
Aragorn
Aragorn
Grand Master of the Jedi Order

+Light/-Dark : -79

Experience Points : 12072
Comments : Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack. ~ Sun Tzu

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. ~ Sun Tzu

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:02 am

I don't know, but I would've been piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissed
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : 143

Experience Points : 17689
Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.
See ya in anothah life, brothah. - Desmond Hume

Back to top Go down

Post by Aragorn Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:04 am

thing944 wrote:I don't know, but I would've been piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissed
Aragorn
Aragorn

Comments : Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack. ~ Sun Tzu

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. ~ Sun Tzu

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:06 am

They had to Pay for their fire services, since they forgot to pay, sucks to be them, they get no help.
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Aragorn Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:06 am

That has nothing to do with conservatism, Nihil.
Aragorn
Aragorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:06 am

Actually it does, you see. Less government.
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Aragorn Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:11 am

Oooooooooook. That still doesn't have anything to do with this. The article was about this family losing their house because they didn't pay the 75 dollar fee. It's stupid and outrageous agreed, but this isn't the consequence of less government.
Aragorn
Aragorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:13 am

uuummm...

ya, that basically is the idea... it is a result of a more conservative decision, what would u call this a classically liberal or conservative motion?

You see, it is a public service, instead of it being public, it is now psuedo-public, they have to actually pay for it.
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Aragorn Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:18 am

So they have to pay for a service that is public. It's outlined that since it's out of the district that it's considered a service. It's like flood insurance on a house, it's an extra service. While I do not believe that this should be considered a service, they didn't follow the the rules of their county and they paid for it in ways they shouldn't have. I'm not saying what happened was right, I'm just saying it happened because they didn't follow the guide lines.
Aragorn
Aragorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:19 am

Eh I can't necessarily say I blame the fire dept. Everyone is like that "Cops suck!" "Who needs firefighters?" Until they need the emergency service, then they cry foul. This is not so different then someone calling for help from a neighboring state/county and expecting aid when the other side is not obligated. They offered their services to the people, they said, "No thanks, we're good." Anything after that is their fault. I seriously doubt he just "forgot" he most likely didn't see the point in paying for it when he doesn't have fires often if at all. My question is how many times has he "forgotten" in the past?
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 27033
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:21 am

One payment they forgot and blahmee? no humanity? I'm sure you have forgotten something.

Besides, thisis a, again, classicaly conservative decision, not liberal.

Aard, do you really think he wasn't paying it, and that they haven't come out with a statement saying that, in fact, he wasn't paying for it? If you find something about that, bring it here. Until then we use what we know.
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Aragorn Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:24 am

Yeah, it is suspicious. I feel for the family because they lost their home but I at the same time I don't feel sorry for them because they didn't pay for it. I'm quite conflicted. It's a minor fee, pay it. It's not rocket science...

Nihil, you can't say if he was paying for it or not. Nobody can. Aards logic is sound. Most people do not pay for a service they don't think they'll need. Like flood insurance. Most people don't get flood insurance because it's unnecessary but when the flood comes, they cry for aid because they didn't take precautions. You're assuming much, Nihil.
Aragorn
Aragorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:28 am

He didn't pay, therefore he has no right to complain. Do I agree with how they handled it? No, I probably would have just delayed the service, but not refuse to help at all. Do I blame the firefighters for not responding? No, the family had the option to pay for coverage, they didn't, firefighters need to eat too. Sorry but you don't just "forget" to pay for something like that, that's like "forgetting" you have to pay your mortgage, or "forgetting" to pay your insurance premium.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:30 am

I will say this, to Ara and Aard. You have no idea what a firefighter is supposed to be, if you even CONSIDER these guys deserved their house being burned....Cuba is ruled by a dictatorship, and the laws established in that country oppress the people. Say they have to do sth really unjust, like pay for their lives, and they dont pay, and they get killed. You gonna say, well they didnt obey the law...While it is a minor fee, yes, it is the fucking firefighters...im sorry, i was under the impression a firefighter gave his life to save otehrs.....this is just a nother rotten example of how humanity depraves itself...Those men are not worth being called firefighters....And this is a basic public service that a country MUST supply, this is one of those things your taxes SHOULD be paying.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26965
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:31 am

Aardvark wrote:He didn't pay, therefore he has no right to complain. Do I agree with how they handled it? No, I probably would have just delayed the service, but not refuse to help at all. Do I blame the firefighters for not responding? No, the family had the option to pay for coverage, they didn't, firefighters need to eat too. Sorry but you don't just "forget" to pay for something like that, that's like "forgetting" you have to pay your mortgage, or "forgetting" to pay your insurance premium.

Hmm... so you are suggesting that these people are infallible?

By logic, that is implausible, therefore, your argument, dear sir, is about as relevant as my cheeks are to canada.

I'm not assuming anything, its you guys who are assuming, I'm just saying what the news says, you guys are bringing in your own opinions to the matter.

Also, they fucking put out the fire on the house next to theirs when it spread to their house and WATCHED IT BURN. comon really?
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Aragorn Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:32 am

Dray The Fingerless wrote:I will say this, to Ara and Aard. You have no idea what a firefighter is supposed to be, if you even CONSIDER these guys deserved their house being burned....Cuba is ruled by a dictatorship, and the laws established in that country oppress the people. Say they have to do sth really unjust, like pay for their lives, and they dont pay, and they get killed. You gonna say, well they didnt obey the law...While it is a minor fee, yes, it is the fucking firefighters...im sorry, i was under the impression a firefighter gave his life to save otehrs.....this is just a nother rotten example of how humanity depraves itself...Those men are not worth being called firefighters....And this is a basic public service that a country MUST supply, this is one of those things your taxes SHOULD be paying.

We're not saying it should have been considered to be burned down. Aard and I BOTH said that it was handled poorly. If you read the article you'd know they were out of the county of the fire department...
Aragorn
Aragorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:33 am

If they had gone to help the person then those involved would have been charged for every item they used, oxygen, gas, w/e other equipment is needed and the stuff is not cheap. Firefighters don't have huge salaries, and I sure as hell wouldn't take a huge blow to mine to save some jackass that didn't care enough about his family to pay what amounts to less then $7 per month.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:34 am

I DONT FUCKIN CARE IF THEY WERE IN THE OTHER SIDE OF AMERICA, you are a country, you get taxes, you supply people their stuff, you know, water, liberty, cops, FIREFUCKINGFIGHTERS?

Wow, i dunno what deturped world you live in, where firefighting is like a deskjob now...honestly, i saw my friend's dad, poor as shit, abandon his job for a week, so he could go volunteer in the firefighters to stop a fucking forest fire. THAT is a firefighter.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:37 am

First off, if a place doesn't qualify as a "city" it receives such services from a city.

secondly you assume that people can afford insurance anyways.

Aard, again, you are assuming the humans are infallible
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Aragorn Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:38 am

Dray The Fingerless wrote:I DONT FUCKIN CARE IF THEY WERE IN THE OTHER SIDE OF AMERICA, you are a country, you get taxes, you supply people their stuff, you know, water, liberty, cops, FIREFUCKINGFIGHTERS?

Wow, i dunno what deturped world you live in, where firefighting is like a deskjob now...honestly, i saw my friend's dad, poor as shit, abandon his job for a week, so he could go volunteer in the firefighters to stop a fucking forest fire. THAT is a firefighter.

You're right, they are a county but the county firefighters that responded to the call went somewhere out of their county and that's why the fee came into play. Read the article, Dray. A firefighter is someone who battles fires to protect and save peoples lives, we know that. We don't need you to give us a pity story to make us understand what a firefighter is/does.
Aragorn
Aragorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:39 am

Firefighting is a full-time job for 70% of them. This wasn't a volunteer fire fighting company doing it for the good of the community, these are people who work, people who have families to feed.

And no Nihil, I'm suggesting you're only willing to forget that which you view as unimportant.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:40 am

Why you defending these poor excuses of people then? House was burning, they could of helped, they let money get in their way, and then actually went to help the neighboor as they watched the other house burn. All over, 75 fucking dollars. Case and point? Those firefighters, and their mayor too, fail.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:43 am

The bureaucracy fails. If they had gone to help they would have had to pay for every resource they used OUT OF THEIR OWN POCKETS, go do the math, it's not a small sum of money that would have been deducted from their salary. A man who sacrifices for strangers so that he can leave his family to fend for themselves is just as much a dirtbag as someone who skips out on child support to go drinking.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next