Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

go ahead and call me a newb if you wish

+12
dude24oak
Aureus
Bulldog
Champion
Nihil
Red-X
BgFighter/Ghost
Kurupt
Dray The Fingerless
Shinobi Kenshi
Ptolemy
Spidey
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

go ahead and call me a newb if you wish Empty go ahead and call me a newb if you wish

Post by Spidey Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:07 am

but where in the heck did Kyle Katarn come from... and how does he fit into the story

thanks in advance for satisfying my curiosity Smile
Spidey
Spidey
Jedi Approval Commitee

+Light/-Dark : 86

Experience Points : 21162
Comments : So many things to tell her,
But how to make her see?
The truth about my past, impossible
She'd turn away from me

Back to top Go down

go ahead and call me a newb if you wish Empty Re: go ahead and call me a newb if you wish

Post by Ptolemy Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:11 am

noob
Ptolemy
Ptolemy
Chancellor - Masters Council

+Light/-Dark : 95

Experience Points : 15863
Comments : go ahead and call me a newb if you wish Bear_wrestling

Back to top Go down

go ahead and call me a newb if you wish Empty Re: go ahead and call me a newb if you wish

Post by Spidey Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:18 am

thanks ptol... for not satisfying my curiosity... can you get on xfire i have something to talk to you about
Spidey
Spidey
Jedi Approval Commitee

But how to make her see?
She'd turn away from me

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:30 am

i do not have Xfire installed right now...
you have MSN

Ptolemy
Ptolemy
Chancellor - Masters Council

+Light/-Dark : 95

Experience Points : 15863
Comments : go ahead and call me a newb if you wish Bear_wrestling

Back to top Go down

Post by Spidey Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:43 am

no i don't... its nothing urgent... tho it is important... i can send my questions to you in a pm on here...get back to me when you can Smile
Spidey
Spidey
Jedi Approval Commitee

But how to make her see?
She'd turn away from me

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinobi Kenshi Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:39 am

Somebody needs to play the first Star Wars Jedi Knight!
Shinobi Kenshi
Shinobi Kenshi

+Light/-Dark : 12

Experience Points : 6821

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:13 am

yeah, you do know there is a shitload of games before JKA right? All featuing mister Kyle Katarn
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26949
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurupt Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:29 am

Something about him being a mercenary or trooper before becoming a jedi. Got bored fast
Kurupt
Kurupt
Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : -3

Experience Points : 5751
Comments : DANISH DYNAMITE

Back to top Go down

Post by Spidey Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:53 pm

yes... i know JKA is the 3rd game in the series... i tried playing JK2 after playing this one... and for some reason unknown to me i didn't start with a saber... that was a bit upsetting so i put it down... i have since lost the disc... but i will see if i can find them online somewhere... i did a google search on him and found him on wookiepedia... i think thats how it was spelled... so i did get some sort of background on him... ill check the games out again at some point Smile
Spidey
Spidey
Jedi Approval Commitee

But how to make her see?
She'd turn away from me

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:30 pm

JK2 is the best game of the series. JKA simply has beter multiplayer.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by BgFighter/Ghost Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:51 pm

Nah ,Goob ,game is great even before you get the saber. As you can learn to use guns pretty good. Believe me ,even after you already got a saber it would be boring to you Smile
BgFighter/Ghost
BgFighter/Ghost

+Light/-Dark : -1022

Experience Points : 9665

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:55 pm

Oh, and its much harder than the fucking baby game that JKA is. You actually DIE a lot in it. And its challenging.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-X Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:06 pm

Spiderman wrote: i did a google search on him and found him on wookiepedia:)

www.wookieepedia.com is the best place to find out anything on star wars EU and anything else related. I usually go there after i finish reading a book to get things straight, or if there a book i dont wanna read about it for some reason, i read up on it there. Good place to go if you forgotten anything

DRAY ABOOSE!!!!!! wrote:Oh, and its much harder than the fucking baby game that JKA is. You actually DIE a lot in it. And its challenging.

^ and hes not exaggerating lol...The campaign is fun with cheats though, npc wars! ;D
Red-X
Red-X
Dark Lord of the Sith

+Light/-Dark : -47

Experience Points : 12451
Comments : "You were trusted to lead the Republic but you were decieved, as our powers over the Darkside had blinded you.

You assumed no force could challenge you and now...finally, we have returned." - Darth Malgus

Im active on XFIRE, my username is bojack2424
Im also active on STEAM, my username is solja2424

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:17 pm

DRAY ABOOSE!!!!!! wrote:JK2 is the best game of the series. JKA simply has beter multiplayer.

indeed!
Nihil
Nihil

+Light/-Dark : -912

Experience Points : 12269
Comments : https://www.facebook.com/mattbcarr

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:45 pm

JK2 was balls hard especially on the Jedi Master difficulty. if you can beat that game on JM difficulty without dying once you are the man. I had to reload many tmes. The puzzles and maps and overall feel of the characters was more rich as well. JKA SP is like a kiddy game, like Lucas got a hold of it and slipped his little pedopenor in it like he did to the last 3 movies he made.
Champion
Champion
Founder

+Light/-Dark : 415

Experience Points : 17191
Comments : Champion (n):

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the righteous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulldog Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:50 pm

Spiderman wrote:yes... i know JKA is the 3rd game in the series... i tried playing JK2 after playing this one... and for some reason unknown to me i didn't start with a saber... that was a bit upsetting so i put it down... i have since lost the disc... but i will see if i can find them online somewhere... i did a google search on him and found him on wookiepedia... i think thats how it was spelled... so i did get some sort of background on him... ill check the games out again at some point Smile

Ummmmm... No JKA is number 4 technically, not counting the expansion pack. Wokieepedia, two e's... You are a newb. Furthermore: Go play Dark Forces 1, had none of these sissy force powers.
Bulldog
Bulldog
Senator - Jedi Approval Committee

+Light/-Dark : 16

Experience Points : 7122

Back to top Go down

Post by Aureus Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:53 pm

Wookiepedia, two os... Your are the newb :O
Aureus
Aureus
Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : 34

Experience Points : 16928
Comments : Henry David Thoreau
Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake.

Back to top Go down

Post by dude24oak Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:02 am

Kyle Katarn was a force sensitive operative for the imps luke sensed the good in him ect ect ect he became jedi and ur not a noob for not knowing that just means ur not into star wars history nothin to be ashamed of
dude24oak
dude24oak

+Light/-Dark : 0

Experience Points : 5473

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:09 am

Kyle has been in many things. In the SW timeline he starts as an Imp Operative, but I believe the first mention is the original Jedi Knight game. As for a comparison, JKO had a much better storyline and character development, but it had a horrendously linear combat system. JKA is a much more refined version, but they didn't put enough time or effort into development of the AI and story as well as leaving your character massively overpowered once you hit 70% completion.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 27017
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:11 am

Aardvark wrote:Kyle has been in many things. In the SW timeline he starts as an Imp Operative, but I believe the first mention is the original Jedi Knight game. As for a comparison, JKO had a much better storyline and character development, but it had a horrendously linear combat system. JKA is a much more refined version, but they didn't put enough time or effort into development of the AI and story as well as leaving your character massively overpowered once you hit 70% completion.

Horrendously linear? Aard, you didnt even play the damn thing, you said you never got past the gun missions....
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:14 am

True I didn't, I had a modded map pack a while back that allowed you to access JKO SP missions in JKA MP. I got to play through them, and there was only ever one way to do anything, it was boring and annoying to figure out the stupid and inane way the developer wanted you to go through it.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:18 am

Ah i highly doubt you experienced the game correctly...Specially when it came to combat, it was very creative and free. It has a linear gamestyle, but it isnt picky. Unless you mean puzzle Aards, wich are supposed to have a simple, yet unique solution. I think games nowadays rotten people, make them too weak. Older games were much challenging, didnt piggyback you. Theres the goal, youre here. Find the way to get there. We dont care.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:22 am

No I mean how you went through the levels. There was no choice you just went wherever even if there was an obvious route around it. I don't mind difficulty, but give me options, not "Think like the developer or you're not going anywhere." You know why games like AC, GTA, and SC are popular despite being fairly easy to complete? Because there's more then one way to go about things.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:24 am

Actually JK2 has many more puzzle levels than JKA. you dont just Force Jump your way to things, you ahave to actually go thru an ordeal to go somewhere. I remember the Nar Shadaa level, outside in the city street. Seemed simple enough, but turns out those cat walks and streets are really high and far apart.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:21 am

DRAY ABOOSE!!!!!! wrote:JK2 is the best game of the series. JKA simply has beter multiplayer.

JK1 is my favorite single player still.

Tbh i havnt finished the JKO SP cause it lost my interest a while ago. It has puzzles but they just annoy me cause i generally play JKA to vent. Plus the jka sp is shit, you can twirl your way threw it on normal. poke your way threw it on hard, and fan your way threw it with staff on insane...
tRibaL
tRibaL

+Light/-Dark : -2

Experience Points : 9121

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum