Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting.

+2
BaStUn
Chaos
6 posters

Go down

Interesting. Empty Interesting.

Post by Chaos Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:46 pm

Chaos
Chaos

+Light/-Dark : -8

Experience Points : 6227

Back to top Go down

Interesting. Empty Re: Interesting.

Post by BaStUn Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:05 pm

Is that a game?
BaStUn
BaStUn

+Light/-Dark : 1

Experience Points : 7753

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:48 pm

no it is a collection of statistics that spell out how often people die of what in the world...
Ptolemy
Ptolemy
Chancellor - Masters Council

+Light/-Dark : 95

Experience Points : 15883
Comments : Interesting. Bear_wrestling

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:50 pm

I love how the poop on number 5 has smell coming off it.

And I lived in Honduras, its like the fucking wild west out there. The reason the murder rate is so high though is because people revenge kill. So lets say I get in a fight with your brother, wack him then go home. Well you would not leave it at that, nor would you try to seek justice in a corrupt court system. You simply find me, then wack me back. Then my dad and brother get upset, go wack you. Then your dad and uncle come and wack my bro. Then my dad wacks your dad. Then your uncle wacks my uncle, then a cousin wacks him. Then a counsin wacks that cousin etc etc until no one but the fucking women and cockroaches remain.
Champion
Champion
Founder

+Light/-Dark : 415

Experience Points : 17211
Comments : Champion (n):

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the righteous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:57 pm

Stupidity then? Also, WOW, you guys sure like killing yourselves... so high on the suicide numbers.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26969
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:58 pm

Dray The Fingerless wrote:Stupidity then? Also, WOW, you guys sure like killing yourselves... so high on the suicide numbers.

When you have nothing to live for but family, like most poor people do, then you have everything to die for when your family is murdered. Honduran sense of pride and family is stronger than most countries I have ever seen or read about.
Champion
Champion
Founder

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the righteous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:07 pm

Well Champ, the stupidity starts when, after you wack someone, and you get wacked for doing that, your family feels insulted and that this needs payback. Hence, stupidity. if family is all i have, do i really want to go into a feud that will leave me with no family, and another poor person with no family either? Hence, stupidity. Revenge because some bloat killed your brother out of nowhere, sure, but because your brother killed his wife, i think your brother had it coming. Its like 2 kids, one has to always be on top, neither wants to be the last one to speak. Hence, stupidity. Im sure you were just explaining, not justifying, but like i said, there really is no reason to go into a fight that will just leave both parties at loss. And like you said, these people only have family, no honor no nobility, nothing, so doing it for a sense of honor is foolish.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:09 pm

Dray The Fingerless wrote:Well Champ, the stupidity starts when, after you wack someone, and you get wacked for doing that, your family feels insulted and that this needs payback. Hence, stupidity. if family is all i have, do i really want to go into a feud that will leave me with no family, and another poor person with no family either? Hence, stupidity. Revenge because some bloat killed your brother out of nowhere, sure, but because your brother killed his wife, i think your brother had it coming. Its like 2 kids, one has to always be on top, neither wants to be the last one to speak. Hence, stupidity. Im sure you were just explaining, not justifying, but like i said, there really is no reason to go into a fight that will just leave both parties at loss. And like you said, these people only have family, no honor no nobility, nothing, so doing it for a sense of honor is foolish.

Yes but you have nothing that you deem worth fighting for...
Ptolemy
Ptolemy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:11 pm

Oh do explain, im sure ill love hearing it....
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by BaStUn Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:22 pm

Ptolemy wrote:no it is a collection of statistics that spell out how often people die of what in the world...
Then I guess I won't check it. Not that I am only interested in games, I was just curious, It'ss more mature to ask "is this a game" than "what is this".
BaStUn
BaStUn

+Light/-Dark : 1

Experience Points : 7753

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:41 pm

Dray The Fingerless wrote:Oh do explain, im sure ill love hearing it....

This is from your own admission. you will not fight for your beliefs, you will not fight for your country, I suppose the statement may have been a bit broad because i do not know your feelings toward your family but even just then, unless i misunderstood, you said it was stupid to stand up and fight for your family and you are unwilling to kill in its defense...

I am talking about a PHYSICAL altercation in which someone might and probably will die. YOU may end up taking the life of another.

You have said in the past that you would rather compromise than fight. I could look that up if you wish.
Ptolemy
Ptolemy

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:53 pm

Dray The Fingerless wrote:Well Champ, the stupidity starts when, after you wack someone, and you get wacked for doing that, your family feels insulted and that this needs payback. Hence, stupidity. if family is all i have, do i really want to go into a feud that will leave me with no family, and another poor person with no family either? Hence, stupidity. Revenge because some bloat killed your brother out of nowhere, sure, but because your brother killed his wife, i think your brother had it coming. Its like 2 kids, one has to always be on top, neither wants to be the last one to speak. Hence, stupidity. Im sure you were just explaining, not justifying, but like i said, there really is no reason to go into a fight that will just leave both parties at loss. And like you said, these people only have family, no honor no nobility, nothing, so doing it for a sense of honor is foolish.

You know you are always so quick to judge people. Why don't you go learn the difference between stupidity and ignorance.
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:02 pm

Yes sorry Champ. Ignorance. Poor choice of words on my part.

And Ptolemy, im sorry im not as patriotic as you, im sure your flag feels hurt by me, but that does not mean i have things i dont fight for. I have also come to the realization, dunno if you have, that violence is one of the least efficient ways of fixing things.I do not speak to you about it, because in that regard, you are just like Ara, and judge people way too quick on what you hear and read, and thus i will not waste my time speaking to a wall. Im sorry if i dont find a country or a religion worth dying for, but remember that i only oblige to those two because that is the society i live in. Do try not to bait me into discssing this again, i really dont like wasting time in things that bother me.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:12 pm

Oh wait, read it again. Yes, i would fight to defend my family Ptolemy, The discussion was never about defense, but rather offense. Taking revenge on someone isnt defending your family, it is just revenge. I am not revengful, im just, and i believe somoene must take the consequences for their acts. Alas, sometimes thats not possible....
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:38 pm

Revenge is not the best option that is the truth.
Ptolemy
Ptolemy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:44 pm

Perpetuating Revenge isn't that's correct. But punishing someone in equal measure to the punishment they have given is actually quite effective, provided you can stop them from trying to perpetuate this cycle.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 27037
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:45 pm

Wich why revenge is not effective Aard....YOU CAME FULL CIRCLE.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:48 pm

True, Revenge is an emotional response, I'm talking about a logical one. You break someone's arm for fun, you did something that wasn't needed, the best way to stop this is to have your arm broken as well so you understand what consequences such actions have.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 27037
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:21 pm

well you would have to make the escalation so horrific that they would not be emotionally able to think about taking revenge.

Course with the human spirit some of us would hunt you down either way...

just sayin
Ptolemy
Ptolemy

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:58 am

Ptolemy wrote:well you would have to make the escalation so horrific that they would not be emotionally able to think about taking revenge.

Course with the human spirit some of us would hunt you down either way...

just sayin

Good observation. That's sorta what I am trying to say is the reason its like that is because in Honduras, for the most part in the country side you do not have internet, much TV, nothing really to do except have sex have many children and have a large family you grow to love and are proud of. When one is taken from you its the highest offense you can do to someone in that culture.

Suddenly the brother or father or cousin you loved and hanged out with EVERY day and who you did everything with is gone. And the only thing you can think of is the person who did it (since usually they live in the same village and they even see eachother possibly daily).
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down