Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Jedi Order series good enough to finish?

+3
Thing
Dray The Fingerless
Red-X
7 posters

Go down

The New Jedi Order series good enough to finish? Empty The New Jedi Order series good enough to finish?

Post by Red-X Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:17 pm

mk, so currently im reading in three different era's at the moment. Old Republic, Fate of the Jedi, and just started NJO.

Im a bit past the half way mark on Vector Prime and so far this book is pretty effing violent ~_~. But is it worth reading this 18 part series? Even though Legacy of the Force practically summarized it sinced it takes place in the aftermath (and their constantly talking about it. Also alittle bit in FoJ)? Theres only three things that i wanted to actually read about: Chewie's death, Bens Birth, and Jacen's torture. Is it just best to read up on everything in wookieepedia instead taking forever reading all of this?

and last thing, Dark Nest Trilogy worth a read at all?
Red-X
Red-X
Dark Lord of the Sith

+Light/-Dark : -47

Experience Points : 12454
Comments : "You were trusted to lead the Republic but you were decieved, as our powers over the Darkside had blinded you.

You assumed no force could challenge you and now...finally, we have returned." - Darth Malgus

Im active on XFIRE, my username is bojack2424
Im also active on STEAM, my username is solja2424

Back to top Go down

The New Jedi Order series good enough to finish? Empty Re: The New Jedi Order series good enough to finish?

Post by Dray The Fingerless Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:34 pm

NJO is ballsy to be nice. To be mean, it is degradating to call it Star Wars lore. Its good at the beggining, and it surely sounds promising, but believe me, it all goes down in shit. Chewie gets crushed by a moon(how else will you kill an undestructable force like Chewbacca), ben is born......meh? And Jacen is tortured.....meh again.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26952
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

The New Jedi Order series good enough to finish? Empty Re: The New Jedi Order series good enough to finish?

Post by Thing Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:31 am

Well, if you have to kill someone as badass as Chewbacca, it's gotta be done in style.
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : 143

Experience Points : 17676
Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.
See ya in anothah life, brothah. - Desmond Hume

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:48 am

NJO is pretty much a pointless waste of time, if you want to know what happens then just read Vector Prime, Star By Star, Traitor, Destiny's Way, & the last one. Dark Nest is interesting, probably worth a read.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

+Light/-Dark : -194

Experience Points : 27020
Comments : Likes: Games, Books, Anime, Star Wars.
Dislikes: Punks, Douches, Ignorant People.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spidey Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:09 am

<< feels dumb cuz i have heard of none of these books
Spidey
Spidey
Jedi Approval Commitee

+Light/-Dark : 86

Experience Points : 21165
Comments : So many things to tell her,
But how to make her see?
The truth about my past, impossible
She'd turn away from me

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:25 am

There's 120+ Star Wars books. Don't feel bad if you don't know many of their names because only a small portion of those are good reads. I would really only recommend maybe 40 of those books for reading. Better ones are:

Old Republic:
Shadow Hunter - Good
Darth Bane Anthology(Path of Destruction, Rule of Two, Dynasty of Evil) - Must Read
Outbound Flight - Good if you like Thrawn Trilogy
Republic Commando Series(Hard Contact, Triple Zero, True Colors, Order 66, Imperial Commando) - Good
Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith - Decent enough
Coruscant Nights Tetralogy(Jedi Twilight, Street of Shadows, Patterns of the Force, Jedi Dawn) - Good if you like Shadow Hunter

Empire:
Allegiance - Good
Shadows of the Empire - Good

New Republic:
X-wing Series(Rogue Squadron, Wedge's Gamble, The Krytos Trap, The Bacta War, Wraith Squadron, Iron Fist, Solo Command, Isard's Revenge, Starfighter of Adumar) - Great
Thrawn Trilogy(Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, The Last Command) - Must Read
Jedi Academy Trilogy(Jedi Search, Dark Apprentice, Champions of the Force) - Great
Hand of Thrawn Duology(Specter of the Past, Vision of the Future) - Good if you like Thrawn Trilogy

New Jedi Order:
Dark Nest Trilogy(Joiner King, Unseen Queen, Swarm War) - Good

Legacy:
All Legacy of the Force - Must Read
All Fate of the Jedi - Great
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-X Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:12 am

Aardvark wrote:NJO is pretty much a pointless waste of time, if you want to know what happens then just read Vector Prime, Star By Star, Traitor, Destiny's Way, & the last one. Dark Nest is interesting, probably worth a read.

mk, i'll just finish vector prime then

Spiderman wrote:<< feels dumb cuz i have heard of none of these books

i've read about 34, har :p

Aardvark wrote:There's 120+ Star Wars books. Don't feel bad if you don't know many of their names because only a small portion of those are good reads. I would really only recommend maybe 40 of those books for reading. Better ones are:

Old Republic:
Darth Bane Anthology(Path of Destruction, Rule of Two, Dynasty of Evil) - Must Read
Outbound Flight - Good if you like Thrawn Trilogy

New Republic:
X-wing Series(Rogue Squadron, Wedge's Gamble, The Krytos Trap, The Bacta War, Wraith Squadron, Iron Fist, Solo Command, Isard's Revenge, Starfighter of Adumar) - Great
Thrawn Trilogy(Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, The Last Command) - Must Read
Jedi Academy Trilogy(Jedi Search, Dark Apprentice, Champions of the Force) - Great
Hand of Thrawn Duology(Specter of the Past, Vision of the Future) - Good if you like Thrawn Trilogy

New Jedi Order:
Dark Nest Trilogy(Joiner King, Unseen Queen, Swarm War) - Good

Legacy:
All Legacy of the Force - Must Read
All Fate of the Jedi - Great

Bane trilogy was probably my favorite. I never wouldve thought the cave in JO where kyle gets his force ability's back had anything to do with Bane. Outbound flight left me pretty pissed and sad lol...X-wing series was hilarious, loved Wes's jokes. For jedi academy, i just read "I, Jedi" which summarized the trilogy through a first person perspective of Corran Horn. I cant find the Thrawn trilogy in any book stores ha. I also heard Vison of the Future was the longest star wars book, so im thinking about giving it a shot. Heard it was more for adults in a way
Red-X
Red-X
Dark Lord of the Sith

Comments : "You were trusted to lead the Republic but you were decieved, as our powers over the Darkside had blinded you.

You assumed no force could challenge you and now...finally, we have returned." - Darth Malgus

Back to top Go down

Post by BaStUn Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:39 pm

Spiderman wrote:<< feels dumb cuz i have heard of none of these books
BaStUn
BaStUn

+Light/-Dark : 1

Experience Points : 7736

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:07 pm

You could just get the comics for the Thrawn trilogy. It's what I did.
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:39 pm

Vision of the Future is the longest at 700 pages, but you should read Specter of the Past first otherwise Vision will make no sense. Thrawn Trilogy is pretty easy to find in stores, but you could also just go to your local library.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-X Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:02 am

Aardvark wrote:Vision of the Future is the longest at 700 pages, but you should read Specter of the Past first otherwise Vision will make no sense. Thrawn Trilogy is pretty easy to find in stores, but you could also just go to your local library.

harry potter was the only series i made the sacrifice for time to read lol. But i'll see how specter treats meh. "I, Jedi" is probably the second longest at 570-something. I struggled with that book lol
Red-X
Red-X
Dark Lord of the Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:17 am

Star By Star is second longest at 600.
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by BaStUn Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:37 pm

Harry Potter FTW Very Happy
BaStUn
BaStUn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aureus Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:45 pm

The movies, yes, the books I never found that interesting
Aureus
Aureus
Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : 34

Experience Points : 16931
Comments : Henry David Thoreau
Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-X Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:58 am

Master CoG wrote:The movies, yes, the books I never found that interesting

They open your eyes alittle wider btw
Red-X
Red-X
Dark Lord of the Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by Aureus Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:54 am

Proper syntax and I might understand what that meant
Aureus
Aureus
Dark Council

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:00 am

He's calling you Asian =o
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by BaStUn Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:47 am

The books are far bigger than the movies, sooo ther's more information in them, especially for Hogwarts Razz Very Happy
BaStUn
BaStUn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aardvark Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:50 am

He means they explain events and phenomena in the movies. And GTFO of here with that Harry Potter BS. THIS... IS.... STAR WARS! *Ban*
Aardvark
Aardvark
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by BaStUn Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:21 am

Oh, sorry...

Razz
BaStUn
BaStUn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aureus Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:54 pm

thing944 wrote:He's calling you Asian =o
Like that's a bad thing, Bic boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Aureus
Aureus
Dark Council

Back to top Go down

Post by BaStUn Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:19 pm

^ I loled
BaStUn
BaStUn

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:51 pm

^ I'm not sure you understand the joke or it's origins.
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-X Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:45 pm

just read chewie's death, that was bloody terrible Sad. Took a break when anakin ran away. He said shouldve spoke up :\, said more to comfort him
Red-X
Red-X
Dark Lord of the Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum