Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

just a memoriam,

+3
Spidey
Dr. Patient
tRibaL
7 posters

Go down

just a memoriam, Empty just a memoriam,

Post by tRibaL Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:21 am

longest title in history!(shortened with edit)
This means something if u know what its like. to be stuck in that hole
you cant understand it unless youve seen this. look at the start, when hes on the bus. ITS NOT CRAPPY HOLLYWOOD SET, THATS 8 MILE! thats not even the worst part ive seen first hand. by alot. this hits home. i honestly dont know why im posting this. But i just feel like if you want to know more about me, look to where i came from. and what i lived under. that oppression.

To finish off this. When i went white water rafting in west virginia with my youth group (they had no clue we were from detroit) they pointed to two rocks. (that were undertoes, they were clefts that when you went down, you dont come back up) and he said, thats Detroit, thats Chicago. two places you do not want to be.

We all looked at him with a numb face. then he realized where we were from and said sorry.
tRibaL
tRibaL

+Light/-Dark : -2

Experience Points : 9141

Back to top Go down

just a memoriam, Empty Re: just a memoriam,

Post by Dr. Patient Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:45 am

o....k

I really don't get it.

Edit=Now I get it a tad.
Dr. Patient
Dr. Patient

+Light/-Dark : 8

Experience Points : 6629

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:01 am

(i live 2 miles from 8 mile. my family used to live on 8 mile.)
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by Spidey Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:22 am

dam... what a fucked up thing for someone to say
Spidey
Spidey
Jedi Approval Commitee

+Light/-Dark : 86

Experience Points : 21182
Comments : So many things to tell her,
But how to make her see?
The truth about my past, impossible
She'd turn away from me

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:28 am

xzavier wrote:(i live 2 miles from 8 mile. my family used to live on 8 mile.)
What exactly is 8 Mile...?
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : 143

Experience Points : 17693
Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.
See ya in anothah life, brothah. - Desmond Hume

Back to top Go down

Post by Spidey Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:33 am

im sure he will correct me if im wrong... but i think its the dividing line between the good and bad part of detroit
Spidey
Spidey
Jedi Approval Commitee

+Light/-Dark : 86

Experience Points : 21182
Comments : So many things to tell her,
But how to make her see?
The truth about my past, impossible
She'd turn away from me

Back to top Go down

Post by Stamp-dc Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:31 pm

oh.....ehhh...
Stamp-dc
Stamp-dc

+Light/-Dark : -3

Experience Points : 6356
Comments : Remember The Days.....They go by so Quick....

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:18 pm

Spiderman wrote:im sure he will correct me if im wrong... but i think its the dividing line between the good and bad part of detroit

Its the dividing line between detroit and the bordering cities, its pretty much the straight up worst part of detroit. So in essance, its the worst part. I mean, once you past 8 mile. good luck. Like your no longer in ahh pretty safe stuff, now its all. look twice before you step out your door. Its when you start seeing burned out buildings and stuff. Its a nice way to say: welcome to detroit. On the bright side, the cops keep downtown safe. However they hardly try to keep some of the suburbs...

8 mile, is where u dont want to live, it used to be safe. Ok, Detroit used to be a fairly white city, a very good place (before my time.) and then the blacks started to move in. there was alot of tension and then (this kicked off the roits) there was a cop who (a call or smth) was told there was a raive in this building, well. There wasnt, and he ended up killing a black girl. The black people took this as the last stone and striaght up started to slash and burn everything, my dad still tells me stories of his grampa sitting at a window with a shotgun to make sure nobody threw a molitof in or smth. hell im no professor this sums it up easier than i can: http://www.67riots.rutgers.edu/d_index.htm

after that, it hasnt been that great of a place. Im just happy to be where im at now. (a few miles from detroit. but still part of metro-detriot)
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:49 pm

You hate black people? Racist.

Just kidding.

But that is purtty fucked up, what the cop did.
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : 143

Experience Points : 17693
Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.
See ya in anothah life, brothah. - Desmond Hume

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:20 am

Detroit fell because its economy fell. It wasnt the 'blacks' Xzav.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26969
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:04 am

ik, but the movement of people diddnt help. I understand that the auto industry failing failed detroit. But the riots got the ppl out of there pretty fast.
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:05 am

Beeh...?

what happened to my post?

W/e in an old thread I basically outlined how detroit collapsed.
Nihil
Nihil

+Light/-Dark : -912

Experience Points : 12289
Comments : https://www.facebook.com/mattbcarr

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:08 am

nihil. please try to be respectful if you post in this topic. cause its kindof a touchy subject for me. and this isnt an old post. i posted this like yesterday.
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:18 am

It's always easier to blame someone not something.

I'll just see my way out now...
Nihil
Nihil

+Light/-Dark : -912

Experience Points : 12289
Comments : https://www.facebook.com/mattbcarr

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:50 am

ik it is, but its just. when i a riot appears, its really easy to point a finger
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum