Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Credits: Enriching Lives

2 posters

Go down

Extra Credits:  Enriching Lives Empty Extra Credits: Enriching Lives

Post by Dray The Fingerless Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:15 pm

I have played Mass Effect 2, and i must tell you, the Geth and this whole mission and the final moral choice is some of the most profound and deepest dilemma and soul searching i have ever seen in any video game.

The geth were robots, AI, that were created to serve a race of aliens. They were so good, the geth developed sentient intelligence, and the ability to have free will. They rebelled and gained freedom. They were a race completely artificial, yet as genuine as any of the naturally created ones. At one point, the geth are separated in a decision. Up until this point, i havent given any spoilers, this is prognosis storyline, not things you learn in the game. This is background story.

The problem comes when they have to decide something amongst themselves.

Spoiler:
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26948
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Extra Credits:  Enriching Lives Empty Re: Extra Credits: Enriching Lives

Post by Nihil Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:58 pm

Honestly, I even have a second though, I reprogrammed them. I understand that it would technically be killing them, as in their collective conscious, but it isn't the same as destroying their collective conscious and the beings themselves. More Specifically, being machines, and as Legion put it, something along the lines of a math equation with more than one answer, an inequality? but i've digressed. To me there wasn't a third option available, sadly. Also the Geth technically don't have freewill because they exist on a platform that executes commands, a common mind.

I would choose to be brainwashed because I would not know it and, from a non spiritual stand point, would not be less for it, because I would never have known and I will live just as happily!

Also, Mass Effect is an epic game series, i recommend it to everyone.

Again, The path was basically clear to me, they're actions, though misguided, like terrorists, are not the results of their surroundings and poor quality of life.

How do we know what actions are right? Well, we explicitly know that the Reapers are evil beings, and, by working with them, these Geth had sadly become the enemy as well, as they attack us. It is not possible to reason with them and it was not preventable, in the sense of modernization and improvements to quality of life.
Nihil
Nihil

+Light/-Dark : -912

Experience Points : 12268
Comments : https://www.facebook.com/mattbcarr

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum