Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 6 crazy ways they think you can get rid of the gay (lolz)

+5
Aureus
Thing
Ptolemy
dandaman7
Nihil
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The 6 crazy ways they think you can get rid of the gay (lolz) Empty The 6 crazy ways they think you can get rid of the gay (lolz)

Post by Nihil Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:57 pm

http://www.alternet.org/story/147945/6_heinous_ways_religious_frauds_try_to_make_gays_straight?page=1

Hmmm...

yes, maybe if we put needles in their fingers and zap them with electricity we will cure them of this "sin", you know the one right there, no the 2,000 year old book, not that one.
Nihil
Nihil

+Light/-Dark : -912

Experience Points : 12281
Comments : https://www.facebook.com/mattbcarr

Back to top Go down

The 6 crazy ways they think you can get rid of the gay (lolz) Empty Re: The 6 crazy ways they think you can get rid of the gay (lolz)

Post by dandaman7 Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:11 pm

Just to clarify, nowhere in The Bible does it state that being gay or being attracted to someone of the same sex is a sin.
dandaman7
dandaman7

+Light/-Dark : 2

Experience Points : 7071

Back to top Go down

The 6 crazy ways they think you can get rid of the gay (lolz) Empty Re: The 6 crazy ways they think you can get rid of the gay (lolz)

Post by Nihil Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:12 pm

Well then, wuts all the hubba about it?
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:26 pm

dandaman7 wrote:Just to clarify, nowhere in The Bible does it state that being gay or being attracted to someone of the same sex is a sin.

Realy? How do you explain this?

1 Corinthians 6:9-11:

9Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Or in the NIV

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 - "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

Or the Amplified
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
9Do you not know that the unrighteous and the wrongdoers will not inherit or have any share in the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived (misled): neither the impure and immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor those who participate in homosexuality,

10Nor cheats (swindlers and thieves), nor greedy graspers, nor drunkards, nor foulmouthed revilers and slanderers, nor extortioners and robbers will inherit or have any share in the kingdom of God.

11And such some of you were [once]. But you were washed clean (purified by a complete atonement for sin and made free from the guilt of sin), and you were consecrated (set apart, hallowed), and you were justified [pronounced righteous, by trusting] in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the [Holy] Spirit of our God.

Looks cut and dried to me...

Looks like this verse is saying that those that live the lifestyle are sinners and sin cannot enter heaven, but if they are 'washed' and 'sanctified' they can enter heaven.

Not trying to slam you Dan, set setting it straight. Having the urges is not a sin but giving in to them is just like premarital or extramarital sex is a sin, like lieing is a sin,murder is a sin, stealing is a sin. Sin is sin. doesn't matter how it looks in man's eyes.

Last edited by Ptolemy on Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ptolemy
Ptolemy
Chancellor - Masters Council

+Light/-Dark : 95

Experience Points : 15875
Comments : The 6 crazy ways they think you can get rid of the gay (lolz) Bear_wrestling

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:28 pm

Hubbub. It's hubbub.
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : 143

Experience Points : 17685
Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.
See ya in anothah life, brothah. - Desmond Hume

Back to top Go down

Post by Aureus Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:55 pm

That's y most people who follow religion fail; who gives a shit, really. If some1 is getting damned let them get damned
Aureus
Aureus
Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : 34

Experience Points : 16940
Comments : Henry David Thoreau
Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake.

Back to top Go down

Post by dandaman7 Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:09 pm

If you look at all of these verses, you might notice how each of them only mention homosexual sex as a sin. Being attracted to someone of the same sex would not be a sin according to The Bible. Being a homosexual doesn't automatically mean you have sex with homosexual people. For example, if someone who chooses to remain abstinent, the situation doesn't prove that they aren't attracted to someone. But saying that homosexual sex is a sin, while controversial, there is no doubt over how much more unhealthy it is to interact in homosexual intercourse. For example, take these into consideration:
1) 80% of syphilitic patients are homosexual; 2) about one-third of homosexuals are infected with active anorectal herpes simplex viruses; 3) chlamydia infects 15% of homosexuals.
Now, these aren't because the people are just homosexual.
Now, going by your definition, actually being attracted is not a sin. Just the giving in part. If you look at the definition of 'homosexual', you shall see: 'having a sexual attraction to persons of the same sex'. Since attraction is not a sin, being homosexual is not a sin. Smile
dandaman7
dandaman7

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:10 pm

i would agree. I am commanded to 'share the good news and the love of Jesus Christ' but if those i am sharing with do not want to hear or convert i am told to leave them alone. All i can do is point the way i cannot make you go.

Matthew 10:14 New Living Translation (©2007)
If any household or town refuses to welcome you or listen to your message, shake its dust from your feet as you leave.
Ptolemy
Ptolemy

Comments : The 6 crazy ways they think you can get rid of the gay (lolz) Bear_wrestling

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:12 pm

a 3rd of america is fat. so that makes it okay to associate that a n american is automatically a fat person dan? since such a big number of americans is fat?
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

+Light/-Dark : 265

Experience Points : 26961
Comments : FIRST!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:13 pm

dandaman7 wrote:If you look at all of these verses, you might notice how each of them only mention homosexual sex as a sin. Being attracted to someone of the same sex would not be a sin according to The Bible. Being a homosexual doesn't automatically mean you have sex with homosexual people. For example, if someone who chooses to remain abstinent, the situation doesn't prove that they aren't attracted to someone. But saying that homosexual sex is a sin, while controversial, there is no doubt over how much more unhealthy it is to interact in homosexual intercourse. For example, take these into consideration:
1) 80% of syphilitic patients are homosexual; 2) about one-third of homosexuals are infected with active anorectal herpes simplex viruses; 3) chlamydia infects 15% of homosexuals.
Now, going by your definition, actually being attracted is not a sin. Just the giving in part. If you look at the definition of 'homosexual', you shall see: 'having a sexual attraction to persons of the same sex'. Since attraction is not a sin, being homosexual is not a sin. Smile

I believe i said that... at the end of my post...

also

But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart (Matthew 5:28)
Ptolemy
Ptolemy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aureus Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:19 pm

I sin too much then ;(
Aureus
Aureus
Dark Council

+Light/-Dark : 34

Experience Points : 16940
Comments : Henry David Thoreau
Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:21 pm

thing944 wrote:Hubbub. It's hubbub.

Thank ye kindlys sir, norly, i wasn't sure what it was XD

Master CoG wrote:That's y most people who follow religion fail; who gives a shit, really. If some1 is getting damned let them get damned

Basically all religions cast out different people, I've never quite understood that, especially homosexuals, rather than accept differences. What a forward thinking society we are!

We be livin' like its 11 CE, yo

Oh, now Cog u are eternally damned, have fun, I guess I'll see u thar!
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by dandaman7 Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:01 pm

Dray The Fingerless wrote:a 3rd of america is fat. so that makes it okay to associate that a n american is automatically a fat person dan? since such a big number of americans is fat?
Uh...what? I don't understand what you are saying, can you clarify?

Ptolemy wrote:
dandaman7 wrote:If you look at all of these verses, you might notice how each of them only mention homosexual sex as a sin. Being attracted to someone of the same sex would not be a sin according to The Bible. Being a homosexual doesn't automatically mean you have sex with homosexual people. For example, if someone who chooses to remain abstinent, the situation doesn't prove that they aren't attracted to someone. But saying that homosexual sex is a sin, while controversial, there is no doubt over how much more unhealthy it is to interact in homosexual intercourse. For example, take these into consideration:

I believe i said that... at the end of my post...

also

But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart (Matthew 5:28)

Oh apologies then, I thought you were disagreeing with me saying that being homosexual is not a sin. And to the Mathew verse, do you think being attracted=lust?

And Nihil..although rare, I agree with you here. I don't like when any religion tries to preach hate and yes, homosexuals are singled out a lot.
dandaman7
dandaman7

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:07 pm

was just referring to your statistical numbers. the tabooness of homossexuality is a more likely cause of those numbers, not the being homossexual. it doesnt make people perverts or idiots. the fact they have to hide it and be hasty, and the fact that society makes them feel perverted and shunned, turns their eyes away from the dangers of sexuality and party and all the aftermath. the adventureness, the secrecy makes them forget sexuality is something to be taken serious. recklessness by overwhelmness of exterior influences. i reiterate you to teenager sexuality. the recklessness, secrecy, anxiety causes a temporary ignorance of safety. i dont think teens are stupid. they know they can get pregnant, and sick. but they forget it, in the middle of all those other factors.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by dandaman7 Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:15 pm

I agree with you for the most part, but I am not sure how the 'tabooness' can cause a disease. There are certain diseases that homosexual people are more prone to, are you arguing with that? Sorry, still not completely sure what you are saying :p
dandaman7
dandaman7

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:35 pm

im saying your numbers have little to do with your 'sin' and more to do with what society has taken the people who practice this 'sin' to do. oppress someone too much, when they find freedom, they will overuse it.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Sqrl Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:48 pm

1.) 99% of all statistics are wrong.

2.) Everyone believes in their own religion since they think it the best fit.

3.) I say.....

Good For Y'all With Your Religions Since Most of It Is Wrong.

My personal opinion is it doesn't matter what people think, people believe in what they want to believe. They hear what THEY want to hear. See what they want to see. It's what makes this world unique really. Most of the earth's population is against each other due to religious beliefs, cultures, and so on. But i'd say this world is the best since we all have something. World would be pretty damn boring if we were all the same. Imo.

EDIT: Bump this to Rancor Pit? Razz
Sqrl
Sqrl

+Light/-Dark : -674

Experience Points : 13370
Comments : Soul Stealer, Breath Taker, Ecstasy Extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ptolemy Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:50 am

Agreed

The rancor pit part
Ptolemy
Ptolemy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:05 am

/agree
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneyman Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:00 am

I love how the cantina topics always turn into serious topics but the Rancor pits always seem to go off topic(at least the ones I looked at)...
Moneyman
Moneyman

+Light/-Dark : 1

Experience Points : 5407
Comments : "I'm not racist, I hate all people equally"

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:34 am

I guess that's irony for ya...
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : 143

Experience Points : 17685
Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.
See ya in anothah life, brothah. - Desmond Hume

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:46 pm

you know what really is ironic!?

That we don't use the proper definition of Irony!

irony 1 |ˈīrənē; ˈiərnē|
noun ( pl. -nies)
the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect : “Don't go overboard with the gratitude,” he rejoined with heavy irony. See note at wit .
• a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result : [with clause ] the irony is that I thought he could help me.
• (also dramatic or tragic irony) a literary technique, originally used in Greek tragedy, by which the full significance of a character's words or actions are clear to the audience or reader although unknown to the character.
ORIGIN early 16th cent. (also denoting Socratic irony): via Latin from Greek eirōneia ‘simulated ignorance,’ from eirōn ‘dissembler.’
irony 2 |ˈīərnē|
adjective
of or like iron : an irony gray color.
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:55 pm

where did you get those definitions? because they are mostly incomplete.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihil Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:01 pm

huh, strange, well, I use this widget dictionary, so, maybe it's because it doesn't hold as much info?
Nihil
Nihil

Back to top Go down

Post by Dray The Fingerless Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:06 pm

the problem is that it is being situational, giving definitions for CERTAIN events of irony, but not globalizing what is common to any ironical situation. for example, in the greek tragedy definition, are you saying that ALL situations in wich the audience knows something that a character doesnt, is ironic? no, there are plays in wich parallel conversations occur. for example, a man and a woman talk about something, and then that woman goes talk to another woman about something else. just because the man does not know exactly what their words were, it makes it ironic? no.

Irony is a rhetorical device, literary technique, or situation in which there is an incongruity or discordance that goes beyond the simple and evident meaning of words or actions.
Dray The Fingerless
Dray The Fingerless
Senate Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next