Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 days

+11
Dray The Fingerless
Aragorn
bzyk
Thing
haize
Aardvark
BgFighter/Ghost
Ptolemy
soran
Spidey
tRibaL
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

5 days - Page 2 Empty Re: 5 days

Post by Champion Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:36 pm

Eh. I will stick to 40k. Starcraft just ripped everything off 40k anyway. Not to mention 40k has 9 races, not 3.
Champion
Champion
Founder

+Light/-Dark : 415

Experience Points : 17201
Comments : Champion (n):

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the righteous.

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:38 pm

I dunno why i always found starcraft more appealing than 40k, and yes, ik they ripped off warhammer, but if you look at the lore, they still made up aloooooooooooooooooot oh shiz.
tRibaL
tRibaL

+Light/-Dark : -2

Experience Points : 9131

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:43 pm

xzavier wrote:I dunno why i always found starcraft more appealing than 40k, and yes, ik they ripped off warhammer, but if you look at the lore, they still made up aloooooooooooooooooot oh shiz.

Starcraft is shit. There is no originality to the units and I feel as if I am playing some third world country of 40k. Like when you go to Uzbekistan you dont see twinkies, you see Twankurs in the stores. I feel like starcraft is a twanker. Not to mention, the lore of 40k is 10 million times better and more detailed.

The game itself, 40k is amazingly done and beats the hell out of starcraft. The ability to reinforce existing units and assigning units to squads is much more linear and better for gameplay than starcrafts 1 unit at a time approach. I could go on and on.

Put simple: You like the genre and the story line of space, then go with 40k. Skip this cheap knockoff.
Champion
Champion
Founder

3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the righteous.

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:27 pm

champ, i have dawn of war 2, i enjoy the game, what i diddnt enjoy was the campaign play style, i diddnt like you can only do these three things, i felt like i was being told od this, do that, do this, and never got anything out of it. Starcraft has the opposit, to me, starcraft feels like what im doing impacts later missions, it was that way in starcraft one, its that way in starcraft two.
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:36 pm

xzavier wrote:champ, i have dawn of war 2, i enjoy the game, what i diddnt enjoy was the campaign play style, i diddnt like you can only do these three things, i felt like i was being told od this, do that, do this, and never got anything out of it. Starcraft has the opposit, to me, starcraft feels like what im doing impacts later missions, it was that way in starcraft one, its that way in starcraft two.

Dawn of War 2 campaign is shit. I was referring to the first DoW. Besides, I play these games for skirmishes. And in skirmishes the more armies and units you have the better.
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:37 pm

Champion wrote:
xzavier wrote:champ, i have dawn of war 2, i enjoy the game, what i diddnt enjoy was the campaign play style, i diddnt like you can only do these three things, i felt like i was being told od this, do that, do this, and never got anything out of it. Starcraft has the opposit, to me, starcraft feels like what im doing impacts later missions, it was that way in starcraft one, its that way in starcraft two.

Dawn of War 2 campaign is shit, I agree. I was referring to the first DoW. Besides, I play these games for skirmishes. And in skirmishes the more armies and units you have the better.
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:39 pm

I agree, i love the dawn of war skirmishes, i love the starcraft campaigns... I take the best of both worlds, and yea.. DoW II campaign was a disappointment. I also enjoyed doing massive battles in starcraft, just took alot more micromanagement. DoW II skirmishes were fun also, but i never caught on to DoW I, mainly cause i dont have it lol. I enjoy warhammer 40k, i also enjoy starcraft.
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:16 pm

If you played DOW 1 skirmishes you would never go back to star craft. I blame the Koreans for all this.
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:22 pm

lol prolly, but ive been waiting for starcraft two for a while, actually it was starcraft ghost which i STILL dont know why was discontinued, but atleast in the custom games for starcraft two now it can be translated into a third person shooter which is sweet.
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:53 pm

Seriously, when it comes down a bit more in price get all the DOW 1 expansions. Sadly right now the game and all the expansions is still like 40-50$ total. I only got it cause I bought the THQ pack when it was on sale for 50$. So I got that and all the other bad ass THQ games.
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tRibaL Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:22 am

eh, possiably, depends on how much it comes down, cause right now im preparing to be a poor collage kid and need to spend most mah time working hard during the school year, (IE, doesnt have enough time to be amazing at another RTS, [doesnt have time to learn the units, considering theres about 7 races])

But it is added to my list.
tRibaL
tRibaL

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:04 am

I thought it was 9 races. And I added the Tyranids with a mod to mine. They are basically the "zerg" but in 40k form (where SC got the zerg from in the first place).
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by KOTOR Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:22 am

i hope that they can get kerrigan back to human form
KOTOR
KOTOR

+Light/-Dark : 8

Experience Points : 7139

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawn_Twilight Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:08 pm

SC II? Was in the Closed Beta, Dislike it. It's too much like Blizzard's other RTS games now. I mean the Campaign should be great from what I've seen (Was a MP and new Battle.net Beta)

BTW

I hope Battle.net has SOOOOO MANY PROBLEMS when it goes up officially, in the Beta, it lagged around and didn't work every now and then hopefully they didn't fix that~

I mean don't get me wrong its still a good game, just feels too generic now
Dawn_Twilight
Dawn_Twilight

+Light/-Dark : -8

Experience Points : 6207

Back to top Go down

Post by Stamp-dc Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:59 pm

ehh i saw some trailers of this.... can't rly say i LIKE it til i see acual game play.
Stamp-dc
Stamp-dc

+Light/-Dark : -3

Experience Points : 6346
Comments : Remember The Days.....They go by so Quick....

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:00 pm

Dawn_Twilight wrote:SC II? Was in the Closed Beta, Dislike it. It's too much like Blizzard's other RTS games now. I mean the Campaign should be great from what I've seen (Was a MP and new Battle.net Beta)

BTW

I hope Battle.net has SOOOOO MANY PROBLEMS when it goes up officially, in the Beta, it lagged around and didn't work every now and then hopefully they didn't fix that~

I mean don't get me wrong its still a good game, just feels too generic now

Thats one of the reasons I love DOW 1. You dont "harvest resources" (I could only imagine george bush arriving in iraq "Hey guys hehe, build that extractor over there on that pipeline hehe"). Rather there are a few key locations on the map. Most are called strategic points, there are a few critical locations, and relics and power sources. Your two "resources" to build things are strategic points and energy points. To get more energy you simply build reactors (makes sense unlike building a gas pump and harvesting it lol). To get strategic points you need to cap those areas mentioned before. That in itself is much more smoother for gameplay and less retarded than mineral and gas farming (again, wtf?).

In DOW 1 each unit is usually a "squad" so a marine squad is not one person, its 4 when they spawn. They move and work together as a team. If one dies, you can reinforce that unit and after a certain time and strategic cost another marine will fill in the missing role. You can also outfit individual units, so lets take that 4 marine squad as an example. You can give one marine a heavy bolter for dealing with hordes of infantry, another a rocket launcher for dealing with vehicles, another a flamethrower for fucking up enemy morale, or all 4 heavy bolters (which would give you amazing power vs infantry but they would just bounce off vehicles armor and thus the marine squad would be useless against vehicles), etc

DOW1 features set it apart from other RTS and make it feel like its a game of its own genre, almost. I am sad to hear starcraft went along with the same old formula as always. That just tells me they only care about making money.
Champion
Champion
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2