Jedi vs Sith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP!!!

3 posters

Go down

HELP!!! Empty HELP!!!

Post by Thing Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:10 am

I'm trying to finish Shin's awesome saber but, I can't!

Look.
I want to overwrite saber_1, also known as arbiter, with saber_5 known as preator. Now, Shin asked me to mod preator and overwrite the arbiter with the modded saber. I skined the preator into some awesome ninja shit and now im stuck on trying to overwrite arbiter with Shin's new saber. The weird -and aggravating- thing is that I did thiis to the kyle saber, switching it to the luke saber.
The problem is that I get both sabers modded only I just want arbiter modded to look like the modded preator
I'll show you.

HELP!!! Help110
Here you see shin's saber and that I have both saber_1 and saber_5 (Saber_1 contains the files in saber_5, which means they both have the same .glm. I had to rename them according to the folders they're in. I want arbiter to look like my modded preator btw.) in the weapons2 folder. If I were to save the .pk3 like this, I would have both of the sabers modded like that, which I don't want.

Now when I take saber_5 out, so both won't be modded, and refresh the textures for saber_1, I end up with this:

HELP!!! Help211

Its really pissing me off, and any help or ideas would be appreciated.
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

+Light/-Dark : 143

Experience Points : 17672
Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.
See ya in anothah life, brothah. - Desmond Hume

Back to top Go down

HELP!!! Empty Re: HELP!!!

Post by Dawn_Twilight Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:46 am

Do you need Saber_1? could you merge the files or simply rewrite the code in Saber_5?
Dawn_Twilight
Dawn_Twilight

+Light/-Dark : -8

Experience Points : 6196

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:52 am

Sorry if unsound abrasive but, I can't do fucking code.

I'm not sure I can merge the files and I think I do need saber one, idk though...
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

Comments : A is Atari, the first on the scene. B is Bits, be they 8 or 16. C for Controller Cords stretched ‘cross the floor. D for the Dreamcast, a console no more. E is Ecco, the porpoise-y sea hero. F is for Fantasies Final… Look, chocobos! G is for Genesis, 16-bit mirth. H is for Hyrule, land of Link’s birth. I is for Infocom’s text-based frivoloties. J is for John Carmack’s first-person novelties. K for Konami’s dark vampire tales. L for the Lemmings who march without fail. M is for Mario. Run, goombas, run! N for Nintendo, the first name is fun. O is for Oddworld, with games strage and clever. P is for Pac-Man, who caused quite a fever. Q is for Q-Bert’s curse-filled speech bubble. R is for Ridley, who gave Samus trouble. S is for Sonic, his fleet feet reknowned. T is for Tetris blocks falling in mounds. U is for Ulala’s fast, funky feet. V is for Video cards, fast obsolete. W for Wizardry; through dungeons we’d scurry. X for the Xbox, as big as Missouri. Y is for Yoshi, a plumber’s best friend. Z is for Zelda, and here this rhyme ends.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawn_Twilight Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:17 am

You can't do fucking code for models which just involes simply altering a few lines here and there?

Lazy ass >_>

What does Saber 1 Do? Anything? Just take "Saber One" out and see what happens? Then change all of the Names in Saber 5 to whatever it is in saber 1 so it overwrites it. if of course you don't need saber 1.

if not, merge the files, alter the code for both to the namer of the file, .Pk3, should work >_>
Dawn_Twilight
Dawn_Twilight

+Light/-Dark : -8

Experience Points : 6196

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:12 pm

It doesn't have code, you fuck tart (don't give me an infraction for this... Im just sorta mad I can't figure this out). It's just one .glm which doesn't have lines at all...

Be my guest and try it out for yourself.

As for your suggestion, It worked, but not what I needed. It didn't overwrite saber 1.

Btw saber_1 = arbiter.
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by STARWARRIOR Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:06 am

well i was gonna post 2 tell u how 2 do it but, is there a reason u want it overwritten? cuz u could have both the original 1 & ur new skinned version at the same time.
STARWARRIOR
STARWARRIOR

+Light/-Dark : 3

Experience Points : 5622

Back to top Go down

Post by Thing Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:34 pm

I want it overwritten so it actually show in other servers, not just the lame small saber you get.
Thing
Thing
Senator - Forum Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum